The 2010 Summer transfer thread

Why on earth wouldn't you want Villa? :/

What I wanted was an end to the years and years and years of VILLA TO CHELSEA! VILLA TO CHELSEA! drivel from the media when it was never happening. It became the laziest and most boring transfer rumour, and I just wanted him to move anywhere (Chelsea, Barca, Millwall, don't care) because I was sick of it.

Now we'll be subject to an entire summer of "will he, won't he" regarding Fabregas

I like how all of the transfer rumours regarding Manchester United have died down over the past few weeks, once it became apparent that a team with no money WONT be spending money this summer <_<

SAF has said he's only looking to really bring in one player and right now even he isn't sure who. He's actually spot on with what he said about the market and why it's so hard right now. And I still don't get all the United fans going into a frenzy claiming we need to buy five players otherwise we stand no chance. We've got a great team with some rising stars. If we do bring in just one more player, hopefully it'll be a decent attacker.

I'm interested to see what happens with Ibra now that Villa has arrived. I still don't get why Barcelona brought him in, it now seems like it was just a move to tide them over up until this point. If he was at any other club, I wouldn't be surprised over a switch to Madrid, but not now. It's certainly a shame to see Villa go to Barcelona though, he'd of been a fantastic addition to the Premier League.

• Like 1

Now we'll be subject to an entire summer of "will he, won't he" regarding Fabregas

I like how all of the transfer rumours regarding Manchester United have died down over the past few weeks, once it became apparent that a team with no money WONT be spending money this summer <_<

Just this week, I read a rumor about Anderson + 10M € for Di Maria...

Except, there IS money.

What is it Gill said, there's like 130 million available to Fergie.

Edited by Eddie 'AW' G
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised to see United shift around a few players and have a net spend of something like £5m maximum

What I would be surprised is if they spend £30m on a single player, considering that the wages commanded would actually set the club back something like £40m over the length of the contract.

It's weird really, the owners are knocking back £1b offers for the club when they can hardly afford to finance the odd player or two :/

• Like 1

So Man City do as predicted, young English player has a good season, does well for his club, City try and throw money at them. Lescott, now Milner. Who next season I wonder.

They have became a horrible little club with delusions of grandeur, all because of some cash. Chelsea never seemed this annoying.

Villa shouldn't sell Milner for any less than like... 40m. I think O'Neill would have reservations about blowing a large percentage of 20/25m on a foreign player because he hasn't really done it before, and that's the only way he'd manage to replace him because as much as he likes to buy British, all the young and talented players are already taken by a top 8 club. And the rest wouldn't really be enough to bring in quality squad depth. So yeah, 40m or bust, which Man City won't pay, so unless the Villa board are morons, they aren't getting him.

Edited by Pesci

I don't see this bid going anywhere. It isn't a case of an owner holding out for a little more money, it's a case of an owner not wanting to sell.

Yes there's the Lescott saga a while back... but there's also the Scott Parker saga that didn't go anywhere.

What this might do however, is dislodge James Milner from his comfort zone and start questioning a new contract offer from Villa when he could go for as little as £10m next season.

Now Chelsea have been linked with Yaya Toure as well, although this reeks of the classic "Player is linked to Other English Club so let's also include Chelsea because they have money" media garbage.

How is it Newcastle United's board has explicitly stated we don't have money this year, that we won't be spending with the big bucks and yet we still get linked to players like Darren Fletcher, SWP and Curtis Davies? Sure, they aren't going to cost an arm and a leg but I believe the Cockney Mafia when they say they ain't spending shit this year!

However, apparent discussions about loan deals for Welbeck, Wilshere and Poulson make me happy.

Also, fuck Stoke suggesting they want to swap Kitson, Beattie and Lawerence for Andy Carroll. I live in Reading now and had to put up with Kitdon for three years down here, I certainly do now want to have to put up with him in a Newcastle shirt! He even had a hissy fit when URz had a 'ginger day' on his behalf and everyone wore orange afros!

City said they'll go as high as 30m.

They said they know Milner wants out.

Appaz had meetings with a Milner rep. a couple of weeks ago.

Yay, tapping up. ;) 25m + Ireland and one out of a select few and we'll talk. Til then, fuck off.