The 2010 Summer transfer thread

According to Marca, the Spanish sports paper, Barcelona president Laporta has said the signing of Villa is just a couple of details away.

Yeah, Cudicini is 4 years younger than James and a better goalkeeper. He also doesn't demand a first choice place. I hope we can keep him for a few more years yet as Gomes continues in awesomeness and a new young goalie is brought through as his long term replacement.

I think Liverpool should offer Torres to City in exchange for Tevez, Bridge and Ireland myself, considering those switches hjave all been rumoured it sounds like a good deal for both sides.

If after 'both sides' you meant to add 'except City', then sure. :P

While City could certainly toss Bridge and Ireland aside and barely notice the difference, they're having enough trouble gelling their squad into a team as it is. Throw out Tevez, the central bastion of workrate in their side, and it's a step backwards, Torres or not.

MY thinking was that City don't play Ireland, are looking to replace Bridge and Tevez looks to be wanting out anyway.

City don't need Torres, Adebeyor is a similar kind of player who is less injury prone.

It's City, since when did whether they needed a player or not matter?

Latest piece of crazy bollocks, this time courtesy of that treasure trove of insider knowledge that is...soccernet. :shifty:

Chelsea consider Yossi Benayoun as Joe Cole replacement

Ahaha.

Ahahahahaha.

Ahahaha.

Aha.

No.

Actually I think he's be a decent signing for Chelsea, happy to play 20 games a season and rarely has a mare.

Get your own Isreali Chelsea, leave my Yossi alone :angry:

Do they not still have Ben Sahar?

Actually I think he's be a decent signing for Chelsea, happy to play 20 games a season and rarely has a mare.

We have one of those, he's called Salamon Kalou. If we wanted to replace Joe Cole with someone who's got some talent but isn't going to really press for being a regular starter, we'd just bring Miroslav Stoch up from the reserves.

Do they not still have Ben Sahar?

Alas, no. Sold to Espanyol for £1m last summer.

Why on earth wouldn't you want Villa? :/

No he isn't. Anytime he's left out of the starting eleven for a few games in a row you'll start to hear rumblings from him and his agent in the Israeli press saying 'it's time for me/my client to move on,' or words to that effect.

If a 28 year old Villa's gone for £34.2m (according to BBC), I can't begin to imagine how much they're going to have to fork out for Fabregas, especially if they don't secure a deal before the WC and Spain do well. unsure.gif

EDIT: Ben Foster is definitely a Birmingham player and Man U are promoting Ben Amos (about time) to the first team set-up.

Edited by badotori