The 2010 Summer transfer thread

Well, with your one in one out policy, you can now get that Coencetrao, or whatever his name is.

Coentrão

The left back for Portugal in the World Cup or is that someone else?

Yes

And bollocks to David Luiz. Even at half his quoted price I wouldn't deem him worthy of consideration.

And I hope everyone thinks the same. Hope he stays here.

Edited by GoN_

Mesut Ozil signs for Manchester United according to official website

Mesut Ozil is arguably the hottest property in European football right now, but if Manchester United’s official website is anything to by, they may have won the race to sign the in-demand midfielder.

On the first team profiles section, Ozil has been given his own entry – albeit lacking in detail – but the mere fact that it’s there has set tongues wagging.

Ozil was one of the stars for Germany at the 2010 World Cup finals in South Africa. His impressive performances led to widespread speculation that he would leave Werder Bremen this season for one of Europe’s top sides this summer.

The likes of Barcelona, Chelsea and Arsenal have all been linked over recent weeks, but it was United boss Sir Alex Ferguson who was in the stands at Craven Cottage on Saturday to watch the 21-year-old in action.

The Red Devils’ manager confirmed his interest in signing the Germany international, and it now seems that Old Trafford will be his most likely destination.

But this isn’t the first time that something similar has happened, only for the player in question to move elsewhere. Perhaps the most famous example involved Robinho. His shirt was readily available to buy on Chelsea’s official website, only for the Brazilian to opt for a transfer to Manchester City instead.

And this deal may not even happen, either. But one thing certainly can be guaranteed: it won’t stop the United faithful from getting hugely excited at the prospect of seeing Ozil in a red shirt.

Praying it's somehow true, but every right reason tells me it's bollocks. Oh and for anybody who cares, here's the link.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={FE60904B-C2A8-4E60-9B05-700DBBC29BBC}&section=playerProfile&teamid=&bioid=94383

Edit - From what I have gathered, it's fake and has happened numerous times before with other players.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

So we (Man Utd) have just bought 20 year old Portuguese striker Bebe for £7.4million. This one really came out of the blue. Anyone from Portugal here able to shed some light on the guy?

EDIT: Apparently just two years ago he was playing for Portugal in the homeless World Cup? Talk about a dream come true.

Edited by Dynamite

Well this one is a total shocker, I had heard of Chicharito before he signed as my mexican friend was a huge Chivas friend and kept banging on about him. Never heard of Bebe, though I seen a picture and he has cool dreadlocks...

On another note Blackpool have signed the beast that is Marlon Harewood.

The guy went from a team in the 2nd Division (like Coca-Cola League 1 in the UK), was a bench player there, went to Guimarães, played one month in the Pre-Season, and he goes to Man United. That is brilliant

And no, we can't say that much about him, except he has an awesome hair, and is a bit of a douche. He is almost unknown to us here in Portugal