I want to play a game.

TKz

I saw this on Facebook from a friends 'notes' page. (Which I discovered today. I didn't realise how much Myspace had bled into FB >_>) The basic rules of the game are that you post a certain amount of quotes, taken from IMDB or just your memory, of a film. Then, everyone else has to guess what film the quotes are from, without the use of IMDB or Google. It sounds a bit lame, but I can think of x100 worse ways to waste some time whilst I wait for the new episodes of Community and Supernatural to get uploaded.

So, usually it's about 20 quotes. Instead I'll do 10 and if people actually take an interest, then I'll post up another ten, or whoever get's the most correct can post up a new list. I'll try to stick with films that most people probably would have seen, but I'll add a few that might be a little harder to figure out.

1. "Just tell me one thing, Burke. You're going out there to destroy them, right? Not to study. Not to bring back. But to wipe them out."
  2. "The search for the Grail is the search for the divine in all of us. But if you want facts, I've none to give you. At my age, I'm prepared to take a few things on faith."
  3. "Yeah, right, and no harm ever came from reading a book. You remember how that one went?"
  4. "If someone stands in the way of true justice... you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart."
  5. "I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."
  6. "And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."
  7. "You're an inanimate fuckin' object!"
  8. "According to his authorized biography, Jimmy King worked very hard in high school. And after you died in the plane crash, he went to community college and supported you while he held two jobs!"
  9. "It wasn't "Stop." Shellie wasn't saying "Stop." If I had waited and listened to her, I would've known. I could've warned the girls to go easy. To settle for scaring them off. Shellie didn't say "Stop," she said "Cop." He's a cop. Detective Lieutenant Jack Rafferty. 'Iron Jack' the papers call him. A goddamn hero cop."
  10. "Well, your mum rang about you going around tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight."

"Just tell me one thing, Burke. You're going out there to destroy them, right? Not to study. Not to bring back. But to wipe them out." -- Ripley, Aliens

"The search for the Grail is the search for the divine in all of us. But if you want facts, I've none to give you. At my age, I'm prepared to take a few things on faith." - Henry Jones Sr, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (I think, though I doubt it)

"Yeah, right, and no harm ever came from reading a book. You remember how that one went?" - O'Connell, The Mummy Returns

"If someone stands in the way of true justice... you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart." Don't know

"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice." - Don't know

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer." - Hans Gruber, Die Hard

"You're an inanimate fuckin' object!" - Don't know

"According to his authorized biography, Jimmy King worked very hard in high school. And after you died in the plane crash, he went to community college and supported you while he held two jobs!" - The only movie I know with a Jimmy King is Ready 2 Rumble <_<

"It wasn't "Stop." Shellie wasn't saying "Stop." If I had waited and listened to her, I would've known. I could've warned the girls to go easy. To settle for scaring them off. Shellie didn't say "Stop," she said "Cop." He's a cop. Detective Lieutenant Jack Rafferty. 'Iron Jack' the papers call him. A goddamn hero cop."

--Dwight, Sin City

"Well, your mum rang about you going around tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight."--Ed, Shaun of the Dead

Holy fuck at nobody getting number 5.

Al Pacino as Tony Montana in Scarface. ¬_¬

Shit, even my missus got that one.

Edited by Eddie 'AW' G

Don't know 4 and guessed at 2

"Just tell me one thing, Burke. You're going out there to destroy them, right? Not to study. Not to bring back. But to wipe them out."

-Aliens

"The search for the Grail is the search for the divine in all of us. But if you want facts, I've none to give you. At my age, I'm prepared to take a few things on faith."

-Last Crusade?

"Yeah, right, and no harm ever came from reading a book. You remember how that one went?"

-Mummy 2

"If someone stands in the way of true justice... you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart."

-No idea

"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

-Scarface

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

-Die Hard

"You're an inanimate fuckin' object!"

-In Bruges

"According to his authorized biography, Jimmy King worked very hard in high school. And after you died in the plane crash, he went to community college and supported you while he held two jobs!"

-Ready 2 Rumble

"It wasn't "Stop." Shellie wasn't saying "Stop." If I had waited and listened to her, I would've known. I could've warned the girls to go easy. To settle for scaring them off. Shellie didn't say "Stop," she said "Cop." He's a cop. Detective Lieutenant Jack Rafferty. 'Iron Jack' the papers call him. A goddamn hero cop."

-Sin City

"Well, your mum rang about you going around tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight."

-Shaun Of The Dead

It's a damn shame no one else knew number 7.

"Just tell me one thing, Burke. You're going out there to destroy them, right? Not to study. Not to bring back. But to wipe them out."

"The search for the Grail is the search for the divine in all of us. But if you want facts, I've none to give you. At my age, I'm prepared to take a few things on faith." Third Indiana Jones movie

"Yeah, right, and no harm ever came from reading a book. You remember how that one went?"

"If someone stands in the way of true justice... you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart."

"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice." I know I've heard this one before, maybe Scarface?

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer." Alexander?

"You're an inanimate fuckin' object!"

"According to his authorized biography, Jimmy King worked very hard in high school. And after you died in the plane crash, he went to community college and supported you while he held two jobs!"

"It wasn't "Stop." Shellie wasn't saying "Stop." If I had waited and listened to her, I would've known. I could've warned the girls to go easy. To settle for scaring them off. Shellie didn't say "Stop," she said "Cop." He's a cop. Detective Lieutenant Jack Rafferty. 'Iron Jack' the papers call him. A goddamn hero cop." Sin City

"Well, your mum rang about you going around tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight."

I'm goddamn terrible at this.