Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Fantastic result in a tough away game. Really needed that to finally give us a confidence boost. Still some negatives (O'Shit) and we've still got things to work on, but very happy with the three points. Hernandez is quickly becoming a really important player for us too, just an all out goal scorer.

Wait out of that game you manage to pick on O'Shea? What exactly did he do wrong? You can't throw on Rafael and Fabio in a game like this they would get battered in the air, O'Shea won several throw ins and made majority of the clearances in the first half.

How about giving the ball away EVERY time he got it?

He was dire, as ever. There's a reason he was hauled off.

And I'm pretty sure Berbatov made more clearances from Stoke corners/throw ins than O'Shea did.

Wait out of that game you manage to pick on O'Shea? What exactly did he do wrong? You can't throw on Rafael and Fabio in a game like this they would get battered in the air, O'Shea won several throw ins and made majority of the clearances in the first half.

That wasn't even the main negative today, this is an overall complaint of the entire season. I'm fine with him as back up, but I don't get why we continue to constantly start the guy ahead of people like Rafael or hell, Wes Brown. Nine times out of ten he's been utter terrible this season. I get the point you're making about today, but that's no excuse for all the other times he's been starting ahead of others. I'd just rather we went with an extra attacking player today instead of him.

This feels better than the win against Liverpool. Might be the one that turns our season around.

What I love about Hernandez is not only his goal scoring ability, but also his composure. He drops back a lot and looks cool and calm on the ball, waiting patiently for an opening before trying to pass the ball. And 9 times out of 10 he comes up with something solid. I can't remember too many times he's given away possession despite being in some tight situations. And then there's his knack of scoring goals. We need a player like that now that Rooney's injured all the time (and playing shit).

About the negatives, yeah, O'Shea didn't look too good but Carrick (after he came on) was way worse. He should be kept on the bench 'cause he just looks horrible. I recall him getting, what, three or four touches on the ball and two times he lost it. But all in all I'd say the defense did their job pretty well (by this season's standards, at least), seeing how they coped with all the Delap throw-ins and corners and whatnot. Had Stoke not equalized I'd have said the defensive display was way more satisfying than what we were able to come up in attack.

Now come on Arsenal!

Bahaha, oh how this describes Liverpool all too well, sadly. We finally go ahead against Blackburn, and then Jamie Carragher blows the lead with an own goal.

*EDIT*

And thank you Torres~!

Edited by Szumi

Bahaha, oh how this describes Liverpool all too well, sadly. We finally go ahead against Blackburn, and then Jamie Carragher blows the lead with an own goal.

*EDIT*

And thank you Torres~!

Carragher couldn't really do much about that own goal....