Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Quite worried about tonight, can see us getting beaten, really hope I'm wrong. I cant ever see Chelsea getting anything other than a win tonight too, so it's really important we get a victory by any means to keep the pressure on them ahead of a tough game at the weekend.

I'd love Hernandez to be the hero tonight :wub:

It makes sense to have Berba on his own with five in midfield. When we're going with just the one striker (and Rooney's unavailable, of course) I'd prefer it to be Berbatov. His hold-up play can be fantastic.

And besides, if we aren't ahead with about 20 minutes to go, depending on how the game is going, he could come on... and hopefully win the game for us - just not as late as our two victories over City came last season, puh-lease. :shifty:

A stat's just popped up on the BBC Sport live feed about Ryan Giggs - apparently this is the first time in 19 years that he won't play in the Manchester derby which means a run of 33 consecutive derbies comes to an end. Amazing.

Nice to see Scholes getting a game tonight, especially if he can re-create his heroics from last year. ^_^

EDIT: Arsenal 1-0 within a minute - holy Chamakh!

Starting to think that Houllier is way out of his depth here. First he insults his players in public not once but twice. He constantly refers back to Liverpool and then tells Carew to stop living in the past, He has three defensive midfielders at home against Birmingham in the derby, and now against a Blackpool side who have made 10 changes since their last match. Fuck away off. :lmao:

Had that result written all over it to be quite frank. Still cant believe that we took Berbatov, who was by a million miles our best player, off to continue playing the same fucking system. Nani and Park also had their worst game in a long time.

Pretty gutted about the result really, because I feel like we could of snatched that one.

It's always annoying when a derby game finishes 0-0. Rio and especially Vidic looked really good, though, so at least we were solid in the back (until O'Shea and Brown came on <_<). I just hope Evra and Rafael won't be sidelined for long, otherwise we're fucked with those two covering the flanks.

Glad to see Berba look like he actually gave a shit and play well, he should've been kept on to the final whistle. Men of the match: him and Vidic.

Oh well, it was always going to be a draw. Neither team risked it, neither team took a single chance to go for it - not even in the end. It kinda tells you our gameplan when Man United don't go all-out for the win in stoppage time. I guess I should be satisfied with a draw then.

Tevez really is a bitter old knobend isn't he? Turfed out of United because Fergie didn't rate him, and goes to their local rivals. Then when they come to the COMS in a derby game he does something to say "Yeah, fuck you United, I'm City through and through". Just a bitter tart.