Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Have to say I'm not enjoying this Saturday of Premier League action. Newcastle not playing til tomorrow, no games on TV and my accumulator has well and truly collapsed. Even Barcelona has been postponed so probably no Spanish footie later on, rubbish. A third Nasri goal would perk up my Dream Team mind.

Apparently Mancini and Tevez had another spat as he was subbing him. Maybe one day Tevez will realise that being subbed is part of football, especially when your team is down to 10 men and you have a one goal lead. :/

In addition to Ballotelli & Boateng fighting during training over who's snood is best.

Ah, we just gave in a wrong teamsheet. Boffin is actually on the bench. I'm actually glad to see Spector play in the midfield. It was his natural position when he was a younger; he just got converted to a center back because of an injury crisis on his team, and then Man U converted him to a right back. He deserves the chance to see if he can be a good, consistent midfielder for us.

The inclusion of Luis Boa Morte, however... not so much. STILL don't get why Avram has such a hard-on for him.

Sunderland were the better side by a little bit this half, but we've definitely had some good moments. Carlton Cole, as much I like him, needs to come off. He's looked sluggish, and his touch has been awful. Whenever he does decide to make a run, he loses it right away since his first touch is so poor. Spector's been doing alright in the center; two good runs, just couldn't get anything out of it. Hopefully Piquionne can do something with Obinna up front, because Cole certainly isn't today.

If there is any manager in the Premier League doing a worse job than Chris Hughton and still in the job, could you raise your hand please?

Roy_Hodgson_1409480c.jpg

• Like 2

That's the worst, most stupid and frankly most ridiculous sacking there's ever been...even by Newcastle. Hughton should have a STATUE at St James Park, not getting sacked. He should come back to being kit manager at Spurs like in the old days. We still love him.

I was kinda coming to terms with Newcastle being back now. Their relegation the other year helped to smooth out my hatred for them and it's impossible to hate a team managed by Hughton....but now....I hope this screws them over. No doubt they'll try and get a top European manager and end up with Shearer......

Or maybe they're after Martin O'Neill?

Newcastle have asked Chris Hughton... All I can say is, why?

Asked him what?

Cheers Fat Mike, make us look ridiculous yet again. From past record I'm assuming Kinnear or Shearer coming back in with a lovely slide back down to the Championship again. Stupid thing is that the hostility towards him had cooled over the last year, he's just going to get royally abused on Saturday.

Only positive is that supposedly theres someone more experienced lined up, so if it actually is a decent manager (Martin O'Neill etc) at least he'll be coming in ahead of a transfer window with some time to actually do something. Still hugely gutted for Chris though, who apart from being very slow to make tactical changes, has done absolutely nothing wrong. Almost wish we could keep him on as assistant under whoever we bring in, although thats hugely unfair to him.

Edited by Colly