Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Can't see West Ham staying up tbh, I just felt they should have been relegated already and it'd probably do them good getting relegated like it did last time for a short while.

• Admin
Argentina and Portugal will meet in a friendly international at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium on 9 February.

The high-profile fixture is likely to feature some of football's biggest names, such as Argentina's Lionel Messi and Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo.

It is set to be the first of two games in north London in quick succession for Messi, as Arsenal host Barcelona in the Champions League on 16 February.

Both national teams have played once before at the stadium.

Argentina lost 3-0 to Brazil in 2006, while Portugal beat Brazil 2-0 in February 2007.

As well as Messi and Ronaldo, stars such as Manchester City's Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano of Barcelona could feature for Argentina, while Jose Bosingwa, Nani, Ricardo Carvalho and Raul Meireles may turn out for Portugal.

May just go to this. If I can get over sitting in the scum's stadium, that is.

I'm not sure if Chelsea fans take to calling another team scum. If they did it would presumably be Spurs (or at a stretch, Arsenal or United), but I've not heard it banded about much.

I suppose it's more clear-cut when there is a rival club who are completely, er, unrivaled in their, um, rivalry. :shifty:

Bristol Rovers fans call the rival Bristol City fans "The Shit". As in Bristol Shitty, not City.

I still wonder if a Mr. Wok came up with that one :shifty:

Rangers = Scum.

Rangers are the Scottish team I sort of like, for some reason. I think when I was younger it was simply a case of:

1) Blue > Green and White Hoops.

2) Chris Sutton went to Celtic and, even more aggravatingly, did well there.

3) I knew nothing of anything beyond the Old Firm.

Unfortunately, now that I've grown up, I'm now aware of some of the old rather unsavory sectarian fan links between Chelsea and Rangers (which may or may not have actually existed, depending on who you ask, but either way the idea can come up), so it's a little embarrassing because people can assume you're a sort of uber-protestant. I try to remain naive to such things though. :shifty:

Bristol Rovers fans call the rival Bristol City fans "The Shit". As in Bristol Shitty, not City.

I still wonder if a Mr. Wok came up with that one :shifty:

Well you kinda call us "shitheads" in response to us calling you "gasheads". I'd imagine that's where it came from. Witty. Anyway, at least you have something bad to call us - since you call yourselves the Gas and gasheads, calling you gassheads doesn't do the trick, so I add my own vulgar twist, usually one of "gashead cunt" or "gashead scum" :shifty:

The Kean thing hasn't been confirmed in many places and apparently Rafa Benitez has been linked with the Blackburn job after getting sacked tonight.

EDIT: and as I say that Inter claim that Benitez is still their manager >_<

Edited by The General