Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Hughes put his hand out for a handshake, Pulis put his hand in and kinda slapped it instead of shaking, turned around and then told Hughes to 'Fuck off' as he was walking away.

They think it probably has something to do with Hughes fist-pumping and celebrating the victory, or some such thing.

Disgraceful from the officials to hand Birmingham a point in a game we clearly should of won. First half was probably the worst half of football I've seen all season, but we could and should of had a few in the second half and have just lost two points due to a decision that just baffles me.

You can blame the ref but I could see that coming, United were sitting further and further back and Gibson was doing fuck all. What is he even doing in the team? He's pure shit. Why only make one substitution!? (Ignoring the pointless bringing on of Hernandez) Just bad decisions by Fergie tonight. Really disappointed with how terrible we look away from home. 7 draws from 8 is terrible form for a team chasing the title.

but we could and should of had a few in the second half and have just lost two points due to a decision that just baffles me.

Look no further than the not-scoring of all those other goals you 'should' have had. Hopefully that should clear up your bafflement.

7 draws from 8 is terrible form for a team chasing the title.

<_<

It's disappointing drawing given the manner it happened, but I know almost every team in the league has experienced that happening to them from us! It was a tough fixture anyway with Birmingham so tight and us missing almost every winger we have that could have unlocked that defence. We've missed Valencia more than anything this year. Hopefully Nani will be back for the West Brom game on the weekend to give us the option of going 442. I would have really liked Obertan to be given a chance today rather than having to put Rooney out on the left or Giggs on the right. It's slightly worrying we've dropped so many points away from home and still have visits to Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea still to come but I still think we are favourites to win the league right now.

• Admin

A carbon copy of the Villa game really, highly polished performance, crap ref, went down to ten men, etc. Kaboul was an absolute idiot in doing what he did; he'll be missing against Man Utd now as well as Everton and Fulham. Newcastle were very dirty - the Barton abuse did amuse though. Although they offered few in clear-cut chances I was impressed by Carroll, would love to see him in the white and navy. Now if Bolton can get something out of Chelsea, which is more than possible right now, I'd be over the moon.

Rumours doing the rounds in Birmingham that Houllier has been asked to step down or be sacked after the Chelsea game. Apparently he never got on the team coach and was meeting Lerner and Faulkner.

Of course they are rumours and possibly bollocks as usual. Why wait until after the Chelsea game?

Carrick and Gibson are a disgrace to the Man United shirt.

I'll bite.

The guy who played EVERY game in a season we won the league is a disgrace to the Man United shirt? geez I know Carrick is hardly Ronaldinho but he shields the back 4 well and it's what he's supposed to do it's only the English Media that used to build him up as Englands version of Pirlo...he isn't. He was great against Sunderland making key interceptions and clearances.

Gibson is young, there was nobody else to play due to injuries and assuming you were too busy playing FM with Messi,Rooney and To Madeira up front- he set up the goal.

I am not too annoyed at the draw, the goal felt kind of inevitable we were backing off and with Zigic lurking in the box you just knew he was going to win one of those headers. It's a very tough place to go to and all the big teams will struggle it's important we get Nani fit and get back to winning ways against West Brom.

• Like 3

A carbon copy of the Villa game really, highly polished performance, crap ref, went down to ten men, etc. Kaboul was an absolute idiot in doing what he did; he'll be missing against Man Utd now as well as Everton and Fulham. Newcastle were very dirty - the Barton abuse did amuse though. Although they offered few in clear-cut chances I was impressed by Carroll, would love to see him in the white and navy. Now if Bolton can get something out of Chelsea, which is more than possible right now, I'd be over the moon.

To be fair, Tiote possibly could've got a second yellow card for persistent fouling (luckily I don't think he did any particularly tasty fouls second half), but Smiths booking was actually fairly harsh and Barton didn't do much wrong barring that frankly naughty drop ball return. Nothing worse than anything Palacios did all game, as his withdrawal at half time showed. Fair play though, we were useless without Enrique, I was fairly impressed we lasted that long without Perch being heavily pressured.

And you can't have Carroll...

Oh, something I briefly forgot about due to having to sit through a defeat and such.

A very hearty LOL at Arsenal for announcing every single one of their starting line-up by first name only ("Number 10...ROBIN! Number 19...JACK!"). This isn't the school playground, you know. Although some of the Arsenal squad may not be far removed from it.

It's something they acquired from Germany, if I remember rightly. I remember that is how the German national team was announced at the 2006 World Cup.

Oh, something I briefly forgot about due to having to sit through a defeat and such.

A very hearty LOL at Arsenal for announcing every single one of their starting line-up by first name only ("Number 10...ROBIN! Number 19...JACK!"). This isn't the school playground, you know. Although some of the Arsenal squad may not be far removed from it.

Does that make it hurt more ? Being spanked by school boys rather than men ?

:pervert: I kid, I kid *cough*