Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

From what I've seen, SSN and GoS seem to be focusing on the Neville challenge from yesterday where it should've been a pen/red card.

...yet, they're ignoring the blatant handball that denied United a penalty. It's always the same. If there's a decision that goes our way, it's scrutinized for fucking ages. The important ones we should get and don't are largely ignored. Annoying.

No surprise from SSN. Both should of been penalties without any real doubt and I'd say Neville certainly should of gone. I've always been a big fan of his, but he's done. There's no if's or but's about it, he just cant do it at the top level anymore, so I'm hoping he decides to hang it up at the end of the season. Bloody brilliant result though in a game we could of lost. Morrison's goal was cracking. Hernandez doing what he does best as usual, getting up there with Rooney as one of my favorite players in the game.

Van Persie gave me a reminder yesterday as to why I cant stand him too.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

And Joe Cole, nice of you to finally arrive at Anfield.

He did a Nugent.

A much needed three points, but anyone suggesting this has given Roy more time just doesn't get it. He's gone at the earliest opportunity.

Coyle proved that perhaps the adulation he's received so far this season is a bit premature, in the first half both teams seemed content with 0-0 and when we upped our game in the second half they did exactly what Villa and West Ham did - sat off us, put no pressure on the ball and dragged as many players as possible back to their 18 yard line.

If Liverpool win their next two games, they will go sixth; having 2 games in hand over Sunderland and Bolton. I get why some people are angry with Roy at the moment, but replacing him won't do Liverpool any good at this point in time. They certainly need some stronger players and they need to pick them up in the transfer window. But I think Liverpool might well be alright in the long term.

Torres' goal was class yesterday and a reminder that they are more than capable of playing well.

Yeah, I noticed that Neville is done, too. Alex gave him his 400th cap, but he was well off the pace.

Edited by Split Second
  • Like 1

From what I've seen, SSN and GoS seem to be focusing on the Neville challenge from yesterday where it should've been a pen/red card.

...yet, they're ignoring the blatant handball that denied United a penalty. It's always the same. If there's a decision that goes our way, it's scrutinized for fucking ages. The important ones we should get and don't are largely ignored. Annoying.

No surprise from SSN. Both should of been penalties without any real doubt and I'd say Neville certainly should of gone. I've always been a big fan of his, but he's done. There's no if's or but's about it, he just cant do it at the top level anymore, so I'm hoping he decides to hang it up at the end of the season. Bloody brilliant result though in a game we could of lost. Morrison's goal was cracking. Hernandez doing what he does best as usual, getting up there with Rooney as one of my favorite players in the game.

Van Persie gave me a reminder yesterday as to why I cant stand him too.

To be honest though, you aren't talking about a penalty not given, you are also talking about a clear red card as well, at a time when it would have been huge in the game. If that decision was made correctly, there probably wouldn't have been the controversy surrounding the later penalty not being given, as the red card would have changed the game completely.

What do you expect? Focus on the decision that wouldn't have changed the result or the decision that would've changed the entire shape of the game, United going down to 10 men and West Brom potentially going on to win.

Yes they both should've beenn penalties, but the Neville one was the bigger story, so they're obviously going to pick that one out. Plus Neville is a massive past-it twat, that helps too.

And I have no idea what the FUCK Villa were complaining about with the penalty award. Collins tried getting to a ball he had no hope of winning, climbed all over Malouda and it was a clear pen, even if Malouda had to throw himself to the ground to win it - good job he did, though, as Villa may've gotten away with it otherwise.

Be funny if Chelsea lost to potentially think about as a Liverpool fan just how far they were ahead of us in the table to the current possible situation of us being only 9 points behind with a game in hand.

Ray Wilkins: Chelsea Mastermind? :P

2 minutes ago I was like:

Figures ... good job ASS-ton Villa

1 minute ago I was like:

FUCK YOU CHELSEA I FUCKING HATE YOUR FACE ASTON VILLA YOU BITCH ASS FAG FUCKER TWATS

30 seconds ago I was like:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU CHELSEA VILLA YOU LOVELY ASS WIPE BASTARDS !