Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Wolves didn't deserve to lose at Old Trafford , West Brom were unlucky, Villa were unlucky.

This whole United are invincible thing is just rubbish. It'll make the title race even more interesting though considering Chelsea got a big win yesterday

Chelsea fail in £52m bid for Atletico's Aguero & Godin

_50953285_011007986-1.jpg

Aguero has scored seven league goals this season

Chelsea have had a £52m bid for Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero and defender Diego Godin rejected.

Real Madrid's £39m bid for Argentine Aguero was also recently rejected.

"Atletico have said no to the two offers because they believe in these two players," said majority shareholder Miguel Angel Gil.

Argentina international Aguero, 22, has scored seven league goals this season, while Uruguay international Godin, 24, has won 43 caps.

CREDIT: BBC Sport

Jesus Chelsea! Didn't think you were going for this, but kudos to you.

Edited by XEON BSIG

Yeh just seen that then. Seem desperate to get a centre back considering they can't agree a fee for Luiz. Aguero would be a major statement though.

Ticket for the Stoke came today :D Can't wait to be on MOTD muttering to meself that Rory Delaps a cunt who can only throw when Stoke have a throw in

Jesus Chelsea! Didn't think you were going for this, but kudos to you.

I've never even heard of Chelsea being linked with Godin before! I mean sure, Sergio Aguero has for years been the default entry for any day when there isn't a better transfer target to write about, but this seems odd. The fact it supposedly included Godin (a defender) would suggest it was a bid made before Chelsea got heavily into David Luiz negotiations.

Also, Aguero's release clause is £38m. I'm not even sure how it's possible for them to have rejected such a bid (though I guess if the two players were linked...), if indeed it ever really happened.

There are only a small handful of players who Chelsea have ever shown interest in that would prompt me to buy a new shirt JUST to have their name on the back of it.

Torres was/is one (I'd just like to wear it in front of my Liverpool-supporting friends :shifty:). Aguero is another.

It would make my year, but it clearly won't happen.

Didn't know Gabby Agbonlahor hadn't scored in the Prem this season. (until now)

Sounds like Al Habsi was unlucky with that goal

Edited by davidmarrio

Only 3 goals this season for Gabby - Vienna, Blues and there now. He has been injured as well though.

Our defence will fuck this up. They nearly always do in these type of games..

Edited by ONO

The bid for Aguero alone was probably less than £40m, Godin makes the figure as big as it is at £52m.

It said Madrid had a 39m offered rejected for Aguero.

There are only a small handful of players who Chelsea have ever shown interest in that would prompt me to buy a new shirt JUST to have their name on the back of it.

Torres was/is one (I'd just like to wear it in front of my Liverpool-supporting friends :shifty:). Aguero is another.

It would make my year, but it clearly won't happen.

No doubt Aguero is an amazing player, but I wonder how he would do in the Prem League where things are a tad more physical.