Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

None of you fucks love Big Brad as much as me. >_>

Being American, I'd have to call you on that statement :angry:

Club > Country

Maybe for a country that's played the game for over 100 years at this level, and invented the modern form of it.

However, Americans have exactly 15yrs or less of "club" ... it just isn't how it works over here.

Well, no, but I'd argue a long-term club's fans (Blackburn in Friedel's case) would have more of an attachment to a player than a country, unless they've done something fucking amazing like single-handedly winning a World Cup. Since the conversation was about who loves him more and all. But it was only an off-the-cuff comment anyway.

Well, no, but I'd argue a long-term club's fans (Blackburn in Friedel's case) would have more of an attachment to a player than a country

Which is what I was pointing out. For all tense and purposes, the USMNT is the club for soccer fans here. There are MLS die hards and the MLS crowd is growing but overall "American soccer fan" follows a team from Mexico, South America, or Europe.

We have that attachment with our NT players that basically everyone else does to their club players.

"American" is how the psyche works here, not "DC United" ! .... Cases in point: Donovan, Dempsey, McBride.

Will be interesting to see if anyone who isn't a United fan thinks he's anything other than an utter cunt who football is better off seeing the back of.

Well, not that interesting. It's pretty much a given.

Admittedly, I did think this. But if the rumours of him taking over Andy Gray's job on Sky turn true, I will have rather he carry on playing.

I always sort of liked G Nev. Yes he was probably a cunt, but he was a far better player than anyone gave him credit for, and that taped phonecall with the posh kid who got his mobile number made him a legend in my eyes. My brother once cloned his face over the whole Man Utd squad in Pro Evo just to annoy his Man U 'supporting' mate, and we never changed it back...

In other news Birmingham have equalised, Shola Ameobi is off injured already, and Harry Redknapp is pushing the 'our squads too small' bollocks to a stupid extent by naming 2 keepers on the bench.

Richards and De Jong had a really awkward collision and both are off. De Jong went off into the tunnel and Richards has been down for several minutes. He's still down right now, and they've got the stretcher out and the like. It's on ESPN in the states and it was relayed by McManaman that the local TV guys have elected not to show the replays of it because it is a 'bit disturbing' ....

anyone actually see what happened ?