Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Ugh, nearly shat myself with delight when I found out RVDV scored 2 penalties... but having been forced to retake one and missing it, he ges -5 in the extremely harsh Fantasy League I play in and thus it cancels his goal out :angry:

-5 for a missed penalty? That's shite, so far today in my fantasy team Walcott has scored and made an assist, VDV has scored (should have been 2, but I don't lose any from missed pens) and Tevez has scored. I'm already have an ace week as it is, I could be in for the manager of the week prize which is £1000 if I remember rightly :w00t:

Edit: Now Tevez has 2 :P and Sagna has an assist.

Edited by Starvinho

Why did he have to take it again?

Encroachment I believe. Never understood why they make you retake if you score direct but there you go.

Puts off the keeper, the theory likely goes. I'm a little dubious of course - it seems to be something that's happens 95% of the time but is only enforced by the referees maybe 25% of the time. Not great for consistency.

City 2-0 up. Sigh. And Arsenal 4-0 now.

United will roll Wolves over later as well. This is going to be an awful day for Chelsea.

Ugh, nearly shat myself with delight when I found out RVDV scored 2 penalties... but having been forced to retake one and missing it, he ges -5 in the extremely harsh Fantasy League I play in and thus it cancels his goal out :angry:

-5 for a missed penalty? That's shite, so far today in my fantasy team Walcott has scored and made an assist, VDV has scored (should have been 2, but I don't lose any from missed pens) and Tevez has scored. I'm already have an ace week as it is, I could be in for the manager of the week prize which is £1000 if I remember rightly :w00t:

Edit: Now Tevez has 2 :P and Sagna has an assist.

Meh, personally I'd rather lose some for a missed penalty than none... I think 3's a fair number. But 5 is far too harsh. It also does the correct thing of taking 1 point away from defenders for every goal conceded. I hate the ones that do shit like -1 for every 2 goals conceded... so if you lose 6-0, being that you probably start on 2 points, you only end up on -1? Fuck that. That's balls.

Tevez is one of my all time favourite players, but this is just fucking bullshit.

Mark Clattenburg can die for all I care, he cost us a penalty against Blackburn, and then fucking hands City two on a plate. The Premier League referees are shit, when we get stonewall penalty appeals (i.e. United with Gary Neville, Caldwell's handball in the week), they are denied, but it takes one of our centre backs to breath and these dirty Citeh cunts go down. Fuck them all, fuck them all the hell.

I only lost 2 points for the missed penalty thankfully. I'd thought my league was harsher but I can live with that.

Isn't Crappenburg doing the Spurs game? Can't moan too much today as got two penalties but he's still doing his bit to try and hinder us :shifty:

So he is, it turns out its Atkinson <_< Well he can fuck off, too, the cunt.

If Rooney scores a hat-trick later, he is my captain in my fantasy team (which means double points), then I'd be quite suprised if I didn't take home the manager of the week prize. I think even at the moment with the points I've scored I'll finish in the top hundred, I'm currently in the top 500 after the midweek games. This is out of about 100,000 people I think too so it's pretty decent.

Anyways second half now, come on Newcastle I have faith in a 4-4 draw :shifty: