Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Poor Torres, joining a big club and losing to a smaller club :pervert:

Great result and another cleansheet which is good. Hopefully we can progress and try and catch up to Spurs now

As always Stoke, those types of "fans" aren't really fans. Indeed, they are inbred turd burglers - to coin a phrase.

And to add to that, Di Matteo getting sacked by West Brom? They're fucking stupid. What did they SERIOUSLY expect from this season? I'd fully expect Di Matteo to have a good go at keeping them in the Premiership. I don't honestly see why he wouldn't have been able to do the job, considering the football they have played this season.

Utterly fucking bonkers.

Edited by XEON BSIG

As always Stoke, those types of "fans" aren't really fans. Indeed, they are inbred turd burglers - to coin a phrase.

And to add to that, Di Matteo getting sacked by West Brom? They're fucking stupid. What did they SERIOUSLY expect from this season? I'd fully expect Di Matteo to have a good go at keeping them in the Premiership. I don't honestly see why he wouldn't have been able to do the job, considering the football they have played this season.

Utterly fucking bonkers.

From what I heard, Di Matteo walked away. Well that's what was said after the Chelski game

Also, lol Chelsea

2wfjvbn.jpg

Saha proved me wrong once again yesterday, as did Moyes. When we didn't bring a striker in, not even on loan, and let Yakubu and Vaughan go, I was pretty pissed, but Saha's stepped up, and gave us goals which is exactly what we needed. With Moyes, I always question his substitions, and the times he does them, but this time he got them spot on, and Beckford was actually given time to do something, and scored a nice goal.

Bilyaletdinov is finally being given a chance to show what he can do on the left, and I'm happy he's stepped up and is filling the gap left by Pienaar, and I'm happy to see Rodwell playing again.

Overall, I'm happy with the performance and hopefully we can continue like this and push on.

In 'you couldn't make it up' news, apparently Interpol (the international police organisation, not the band) are sniffing around the Newcastle/Arsenal game after some 'unusual' betting patterns emerged, i.e. people jumped on crazy odds for a Newcastle result. Rosicky could be involved, having conceded the second penalty, played Best onside for the disallowed goal, and sucked Tiotes volley in using a combination of his incredible lung power and the Force. Allegedly.

In other news, lol Arsenal.

Edited by Colly

I was just reading that myself. It all depends what you want, if you want a manager who is gonna let WBA play good football like over the last few years, then you defo need steer clear of these two. But if you want a manager who plays a negative type of football but ultimately grinds out important results and keeps you in the league, Alladyce is probably a good choice, and maybe Hodgson to a lesser extent.

• Like 1

But do West Brom have the current squad to play negative and get the required points to stay in the Premier League? That's the thing. The back line has looked iffy throughout the whole season, so I'm not sure that even with a negative approach, West Brom could play that Big Sam long-ball style.

West Brom could do worse than trying to get Chris Hughton.

He saw Newcastle safely through the Championship (and would do that for West Brom next season if need be). He can also get a team to play decent football, is a media darling and could probably keep West Brom in the Prem.

Yeah, I definitely think Chris Hughton would be a great choice for West Brom. Still can't believe he got sacked at Newcastle. I was really hoping West Ham would've sacked Avram for him, but then I remember Sullivan and Gold make the decisions, so a good, logical decision was never going to happen.

But do West Brom have the current squad to play negative and get the required points to stay in the Premier League? That's the thing. The back line has looked iffy throughout the whole season, so I'm not sure that even with a negative approach, West Brom could play that Big Sam long-ball style.

Dead right. When Allardyce got a roasting from Ian Holloway about playing negative football when both were in the Sky Sports studio recently Allardyce defended himself by saying he played to the strengths of his players. At Newcastle he played long ball to Owen and Martins, two of the shortest forwards in the league and would've had us relegated a year early. Allardyce is not the right man for West Brom.

I'd go for Hughton first, since even if you get relegated there shouldn't be a great deal of upheaval. If you get Big Sam or Hodgson in, yeah, both have a better pedigree, but if they don't keep you up they'll probably make all kinds of changes in the Championship and there's no gurantee you'll bounce back. Plus, I don't think Big Sam or Hodgson would want the job anyway. Hughton I can see.