Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

West Ham losing has actually made the final day more exciting. Two not-officially-relegated teams in bottom 3 one point from safety > two on 36 and one on 39, and one on 39 and one on 37.

As for Liverpool - meh. For some reason I desperately want to qualify for Europe despite not caring at all about the Europa League. It's just the principle of it.

So Wigan away at Stoke, Blackpool away at Man Utd, Birmingham away at Spurs and Wolves at home to Blackburn. Out of those, the only team I fancy to get a result is Wolves, though Wigan tend to pull more random results out of the bag than the others, so if pushed to make a prediction I'd say Wolves win and the others lose, but Wigan definitely aren't that unlikely to get at least a point.

I'm confused about the Europa Cup places. 5th place gets one, FA Cup gets one - but Man City are Champions League so won't that go to 6th or does that go to the runners up of the cup now? Same with the League Cup?

If I remember correctly. 5th place get it, FA Cup winners get it, or failing that runners up (there was confusion earlier this season about that as there was talk they'd changed it due to same old suspects in the final) and league cup winners get in (unless already qualifying)

So as it stands it should be - Spurs, Stoke and (possibly championship) Brum

I'm confused about the Europa Cup places. 5th place gets one, FA Cup gets one - but Man City are Champions League so won't that go to 6th or does that go to the runners up of the cup now? Same with the League Cup?

Stoke, Birmingham and 5th place get the Europa league spots

If I remember correctly. 5th place get it, FA Cup winners get it, or failing that runners up (there was confusion earlier this season about that as there was talk they'd changed it due to same old suspects in the final) and league cup winners get in (unless already qualifying)

Unless Man City only finished 5th, in which case Stoke would have got nothing and the spot would've passed to 6th place. Strange and confusing stuff.

Edited by Pesci

It's unrealistic of me to hope that Man United score 5 goals vs Blackpool and yet Blackpool still manage to stay up, I think. So now I've got to decide whether Blackpool staying up is worth me losing my "a team to score 50 home league goals" bet... It only returns about £15, I think that's a price worth paying for Blackpool's survival.