EWR 2010 Stats Update: June

Guest The Phenomenal Red

More Lucha updates:

Vacate the CMLL Universal title, there is going to be a new tournament for all of CMLL's champions in the coming weeks.

In the tournament will be

Mascara Dorada – CMLL SL, CMLL Trios, Mex Trios

Negro Casas – CMLL Welter

Jushin Liger – CMLL Middle

Ephesto – CMLL LH

Ultimo Guerrero – CMLL Heavyweight; reigning Universal champ

Héctor Garza – CMLL Tag

Mr. Aguila – CMLL Tag

La Sombra – CMLL Trios

La Máscara – CMLL Trios

Mephisto – NWA Welter

Averno – NWA Middle

Texano Jr. – NWA Light Heavy

Valiente – Mex Middle Welter

Volador Jr. – Mex LH

Metro – Mex Trios

Stuka Jr. – Mex Trios

I would add the CMLL World Heavyweight back into the game with the prestige being 55 and Ultimo Guerrero is still the champion. It is a separate title to the CMLL Universal title unlike everyone thought when the first tournament took place.

Chessman is AAA's reigning Rey de Reyes "champion."

If Diamante is added into the game, add a new stable with him, Rey Cometa and Pegasso. It is called La Fuerza Rapida.

Trauma I should have his brawl to 58, his technical to 72, his stiffness to 45 and his overness to 26.

Trauma II should have his speed to 68 and his technical to 67, his stiffness to 38 and his overness to 23.

-Raise John Cena's overness to 98.

-Raise Randy Orton's overness to 97.

-Raise Edge's overness to 97.

-Raise Chris Jericho's overness to 97 and his technical to 82.

-Raise Shawn Michaels' overness to 97.

-Raise Evan Bourne's overness to 81.

-Raise Jack Swagger's overness to 86.

-Raise Kane's overness to 92.

-Raise Rey Mysterio's overness to 94.

-Raise The Miz's overness to 87.

-Raise Cody Rhodes' overness to 80.

-Raise Dolph Ziggler's overness to 80.

-Raise John Morrison's overness to 84.

-Raise Ted DiBiase's overness to 80.

-Raise Mark Henry's overness to 78.

-Raise Mr. McMahon's overness to 94.

Edited by KrisClassic

OK, quick update...

I can officially confirm that two new promotions will be in the August Update. NWA-PW and IWA-EC are gone, replaced by WFX and LLUSA. However, removing NWA-PW does bring up a slight issue, as 7 titles were with the promotion and were also removed (at least temporarily... When I delete a promotion, I make sure it is 100% clean to avoid any errors).

These are the titles currently deleted and the last info that was in the data on them:

Title Name - Champion - Image

NWA Heritage - Oliver John - 15

NWA National Heavyweight - Phil Shatter - 58

NWA Northern Heavyweight - Mike DiBiase - 58

NWA World Heavyweight - Adam Pearce - 71

NWA World Jr. Heavyweight - Mike Quackenbush - 55

NWA World Tag Team - Keithe Walker/Rache Brown - 62

NWA World Women's - MsChif - 47

Theoretically, we could simply put the title in a promotion where the champ defends the title in, but in some instances, that won't work... For example, we can't put the NWA Women's Title in Shimmer, because MsChif doesn't defend that title in Shimmer. I'd like to keep this as realistic as possible, so any suggestions are welcome.

I'm actually looking at July 30th as the release date for August. Yes, it's a day early, but it would give everyone the weekend to look over the data (and of course, rip it apart, as usual :) ) it would mean no having to adjust computer clocks to get the game to start at the right spot and, since it has been a whole 2 months, I assume people will be champing at the bit a little more... So, that's the plan for now. Hopefully, I can get enough done by then.

Finally, I've often said I try my best not to let my personal opinion influence the data and honestly, I feel I've done a good job of that. Unless I mentioned it before, I'd think most would be hard pressed to guess who my favorite workers/promotions/etc are. But, there has been one thing lately that just boggles my mind... Since I still won't be biased in the data, I figured I'd post it in a spoiler... Probably get a laugh form some of you...

Percy F'n Watson... Are some of you serious? This guy reminds me of Eddie Murphy, except that Eddie Murphy is actually funny, when he's not doing Shrek or Disney movies... I hope to GOD this guy doesn't win NXT.

There, I feel a little better... :)

-Bill

With regards to Bill's "Spoiler":

I'm with you there, and I feel the same. There are others that are better and more deserving overall. Personally, I'm with Kaval

In other news, There was a lot of people on TNA iMPACT last week that I think are missing (Al Snow of the top of my head)... What is happening about the "Invasion/Defense" workers that were not on the roster to start with?

Guest The Phenomenal Red

OK, quick update...

I can officially confirm that two new promotions will be in the August Update. NWA-PW and IWA-EC are gone, replaced by WFX and LLUSA. However, removing NWA-PW does bring up a slight issue, as 7 titles were with the promotion and were also removed (at least temporarily... When I delete a promotion, I make sure it is 100% clean to avoid any errors).

These are the titles currently deleted and the last info that was in the data on them:

Title Name - Champion - Image

NWA Heritage - Oliver John - 15

NWA National Heavyweight - Phil Shatter - 58

NWA Northern Heavyweight - Mike DiBiase - 58

NWA World Heavyweight - Adam Pearce - 71

NWA World Jr. Heavyweight - Mike Quackenbush - 55

NWA World Tag Team - Keithe Walker/Rache Brown - 62

NWA World Women's - MsChif - 47

Theoretically, we could simply put the title in a promotion where the champ defends the title in, but in some instances, that won't work... For example, we can't put the NWA Women's Title in Shimmer, because MsChif doesn't defend that title in Shimmer. I'd like to keep this as realistic as possible, so any suggestions are welcome.

I'm actually looking at July 30th as the release date for August. Yes, it's a day early, but it would give everyone the weekend to look over the data (and of course, rip it apart, as usual :) ) it would mean no having to adjust computer clocks to get the game to start at the right spot and, since it has been a whole 2 months, I assume people will be champing at the bit a little more... So, that's the plan for now. Hopefully, I can get enough done by then.

Finally, I've often said I try my best not to let my personal opinion influence the data and honestly, I feel I've done a good job of that. Unless I mentioned it before, I'd think most would be hard pressed to guess who my favorite workers/promotions/etc are. But, there has been one thing lately that just boggles my mind... Since I still won't be biased in the data, I figured I'd post it in a spoiler... Probably get a laugh form some of you...

Percy F'n Watson... Are some of you serious? This guy reminds me of Eddie Murphy, except that Eddie Murphy is actually funny, when he's not doing Shrek or Disney movies... I hope to GOD this guy doesn't win NXT.

There, I feel a little better... :)

-Bill

Possible suggestions on the NWA titles:

I would add the NWA Junior Heavyweight title to CHIKARA. Mike Quackenbush has defended it there before.

As for the other 6, I would put them in NWA Anarchy, ECCW or PWX as both are NWA promotions. Perhaps put Pearce in Anarchy as it is the bigger promotion?

MsChifs' NWA Woman's title is the kicker as she does not wrestle in any NWA promotion in the game. I think her promotions are just ROH and SHIMMER.

On Watson

I too agree on Watson but 1: the fans think he is charismatic, 2: people on here think he is and 3: out of the NXT rookies, he is the most charismatic. Hennig, Riley and Kaval are not there when it comes to the promos the WWE style like Watson is. I mostly find Watson annoying but Scotty 2 Hotty was annoying and he is charismatic too.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Better yet:

Danielson beats Pearce for the NWA World title, WWE re-signs him, Daniel Bryan brings the title to WWE in an NWA invasion like Dan Severn's

I know, wishful thinking

FACEPALM! Why must people make off-topic comments on here? There other forums you can be on topic with Danielson beating Pearce that you don't have to here.

Besides, like the WWE would admit there is wrestling in America besides anything in their tape library.

On-topic Lucha news:

NOSAWA (Rongai) should be added to AAA. He worked TripleMania and will work another tapping in August. I would have him added to Legion Extranjera as well. Also Perro Aguayo Jr./Hijo de Perro Aguayo/Perrito Aguayo is indeed wrestling on the same August card that NOSAWA is. I would add him to AAA as a Main Event Heel with a rebel gimmick. Luchablog link for the AAA line-up featuring Perro and NOSAWA

In more news taken from luchablog, Charly Malice worked his second CMLL show but the first was the same invasors show in Neuvo Laredo that saw Oriental unmasked, Tiffany depart AAA and Dr. Wagner tease a jump to CMLL. This of course would change his written Lucha Libre USA deal into an open deal as he is an invasor in CMLL so I would put him as a midcard heel with a rebel gimmick. Also add him to Los Invasors.

MsChifs' NWA Woman's title is the kicker as she does not wrestle in any NWA promotion in the game. I think her promotions are just ROH and SHIMMER.

And on top of it, as far as ROH is concerned she really only wrestles in ProwrestlingRespect, the "developmental territory" these days if I recall correctly.

Speaking of:

I'd suggest removing these wrestlers from ROH, the dates they last worked for ROH follow their names and they are not on any scheduled upcoming cards:

KENTA: August 14th 2009 (I'm aware of the knee injury, but he's been active for awhile now)

Brent Albright: March 6th, Two events in 2010, his myspace seems to indicate he's done with wrestling too. The last TV match(es?) he taped never aired.

Eddie Kingston: March 6th, Five events in 2010, though three were same day TV tapings. After his bit with the Embassy ended, he seems to have only been working in Chikara as far as I know.

Bison Smith: March 27th, Two events in 2010

Joey Ryan: March 27th, Eight events in 2010, though three were same day TV tapings. Similar to Kingston's bit, but PWG instead of Chikara, again, as far as I know.

Petey Williams: April 24th, Four events in 2010

J-Sin, Lance Lude: May 22nd, Four events

In addition, there's Adam Pearce: Maybe make him a non-wrestler for ROH? He's wrestled four matches since he's become head booker, which has been a little less than 2 years.

I'd also move MsChif (Oct 8th 2009) and Ricky Reyes (May 22nd) to developmental as they've constantly been on PWR's shows and have barely been on the "main roster". I don't know if a corresponding lowering of overness would be suitable in addition.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

And on top of it, as far as ROH is concerned she really only wrestles in ProwrestlingRespect, the "developmental territory" these days if I recall correctly.

Speaking of:

I'd suggest removing these wrestlers from ROH, the dates they last worked for ROH follow their names and they are not on any scheduled upcoming cards:

KENTA: August 14th 2009 (I'm aware of the knee injury, but he's been active for awhile now)

Brent Albright: March 6th, Two events in 2010, his myspace seems to indicate he's done with wrestling too. The last TV match(es?) he taped never aired.

Eddie Kingston: March 6th, Five events in 2010, though three were same day TV tapings. After his bit with the Embassy ended, he seems to have only been working in Chikara as far as I know.

Joey Ryan: March 27th, Eight events in 2010, though three were same day TV tapings. Similar to Kingston's bit, but PWG instead of Chikara, again, as far as I know.

In addition, there's Adam Pearce: Maybe make him a non-wrestler for ROH? He's wrestled four matches since he's become head booker, which has been a little less than 2 years.

I'd also move MsChif (Oct 8th 2009) and Ricky Reyes (May 22nd) to developmental as they've constantly been on PWR's shows and have barely been on the "main roster". I don't know if a corresponding lowering of overness would be suitable in addition.

Bison is an interesting catch-22 when it comes to his dates. He is a NOAH regular and I believe he is still in IWA so he was doing ilregular RoH shots during his run. I am not sure if he is still doing the big shows or not.

Speaking of:

Bison is an interesting catch-22 when it comes to his dates. He is a NOAH regular and I believe he is still in IWA so he was doing ilregular RoH shots during his run. I am not sure if he is still doing the big shows or not.

Indeed he is. The last big show for ROH he worked was Final Battle '09, and he hasn't made any after that. I'm unsure if he's still with IWA, or his schedule there, I'll look, but I cross searched his NOAH dates with ROH shows, and he seemingly could have made at least the bigger ones based on his past dates. The 8th Anniversary show was 2-13 and he had no NOAH dates that month. Supercard of Honor was 5-8 and he was in NOAH on 5-2 and 5-22 giving him enough time in between to work that show. Death Before Dishonor was 6-19 and Bison was in NOAH 6-6 and 6-26, so again would have had enough time seemingly. Considering there's seemingly been multiple opportunities for him to work a few shows, I think it'd be best to remove him now, and see if he comes back, especially since in 09 he was on the Anniversary show and Death Before Dishonor, but not this year, nor is he booked for the next few ROH shows.

Also just checked his IWA dates, he was last there 3-20, roughly the same time as his last ROH appearance, so it seems he's even wrestling there a lot less now. It would lead me to believe he's content working for NOAH and not traveling these days considering he's worked 40 NOAH cards this year compared to 31 at this point in 09, which is also amusing because he was in ROH at this time of year last year, this year opting to stick with NOAH.

Also, maybe bump Tyler Black's tech up a few points? I'm pretty crappy at trying to objectively quantify something but between 78-81 perhaps? I think I suggested bumping his overness to (at least) 66 in a previous post, but just in case...

Edited by notatardis

After watching YouShoot with New Jack:

-Add a friendship between New Jack and Gary Wolfe.

-New Jack didn't really seem to hate Paul Heyman. Unless there was an incident I am unaware of, I'd remove that relationship.

-Add a friendship between New Jack and Ricky Morton.

-Add a friendship between New Jack and Tracy Smothers.

-Add a hate between New Jack and Missy Hyatt.

-Add a friendship between New Jack and Dawn Marie.

-Add a friendship between New Jack and Junior Fatu.

-Add a dislike between New Jack and Dusty Rhodes.

-Add a dislike between New Jack and Chief Dudley.

-Change the relationship between New Jack and Vic Grime from hate to dislike. New Jack said he "never hated him".

-Add a friendship between Jim Cornette and New Jack.

-Add a friendship between Jim Cornette and Mustafa.

-Lower New Jack's attitude to 45 and behavior to 22. Raise his technical to 4 and his brawl to 83.

-Raise Mr. Hughes' charisma to 64.

-Raise Nora Greenwald's attitude and behavior to 100. Lower her overness to 61.

-Raise Kimona's overness to 38.

-Lower Jasmin St. Claire's overness to 32.

-Raise Mike Kehner's overness to 30.

-Raise JC Ice's overness to 39 and his charisma 83.

-Raise Mark Henry's attitude and behavior to 100.

-Raise Chief Dudley's overness to 26.

-Raise Don E. Allen's brawl to 41 and selling to 55.

-Uncheck SS Look for LA Smooth. Check menacing.

-Raise Crush Doogan's charisma to 66.

-Raise Z Shooting Star Sick's speed to 58 and selling to 56.

-Raise Tony Stetson's brawl to 56, selling to 63 and charisma to 50. Make him a non-wrestler.

-In the data Mustafa is 39 years old, I suspect he is older than that though. Besides simply looking older, Jim Cornette referenced in YouShoot with New Jack that he (Mustafa) is "older than both of us (Cornette and New Jack)". Cornette is 48 and New Jack is 47, so I'd place Mustafa at around at the 48-50 range. Also, raise his brawl to 50, speed to 4, technical to 12, charisma to 57 and behavior to 70. Check menacing.

-Raise Anthony Henry's brawl to 65, speed to 57, technical to 66, charisma to 60 and selling to 60. Check SS Look. Change his finishers to Frog Splash (Top Rope) and Death Valley Driver (Impact).

-Raise Joey Ryan's charisma to 75.

-Raise Bobby Dempsey's brawl to 58 and selling to 68.

-Raise Ken Shamrock's brawl to 72, speed to 25, charisma to 73 and his attitude to 75.

-Raise Davey Andrews' brawl to 64.

-Raise David Young's brawl to 74 and speed to 66.

-Raise Tank Abbott's charisma to 60.

-Check SS Look for Scott Steele and make him a heavyweight. Raise his brawl to 34, speed to 60, technical 66, selling to 64 and charisma to 56. Change his finishing moves to Steel Effect (Impact) and Spear (Impact).

-Lower Tommy Force's overness to 12 and raise his age to 36.

-Change Jaden's name to JADEN and raise his age to 33.

-Lower White Lotus' attitude to 60 and behavior to 70.

-Lower Diego DeMarco's brawl to 62, speed to 51, technical to 58 and overness to 12.

-Per a radio interview with Ken Shamrock, remove his friendship with Alicia Webb. He says he does not keep in contact with her.

-Raise Dan Severn's brawl to 58, technical to 76, selling to 58 and charisma to 50.

-Raise Bret Hart's overness to 92.

Edited by KrisClassic

-Raise Rhett Titus' overness to 40.

-Raise Kenny King's overness to 40.

-Raise Mike Quackenbush's overness to 49.

DISCLAIMER: I may be terribly off here

I'd say the ANX could use a few more points to 43 on top of that boost to 40, and Quack a couple more to 51.

Other ideas:

Raise Roderick Strong's overness to 66 from 64. Maybe add him to the House of Truth stable? Not only is he managed by Martini, but he'll be teaming with Raymond and Able.

I saw the Davey Richards argument from earlier, but I tend to agree he needs that boost, especially after his match at Death before Dishonor. I'd say something like 65?

Ricky Reyes overness lowered to 38

Josh Raymond overness raised to 35

Cristin Able overness raised to 35

Jon Davis overness raised to 42

Kory Chavis overness raised to 42

Rasche Brown overness raised to 41

Edited by notatardis

Orton Not A Big Fan Of The 'H

In an August 2008 interview with UK wrestling magazine Power Slam, Randy Orton expressed how ecstatic he was during the 2008 WWE Draft when it was announced that Triple H would be leaving Raw for SmackDown.

"I was at the Draft after I got hurt. I was in the locker room watching the backstage monitor. I was hoping to get traded (from Raw to SmackDown). Actually, it's funny because Umaga just got traded to SmackDown. He was like, "Man, you know what? At least I haven't got to be around Triple H no more." So (Umaga) goes to SmackDown and I'm like, "Yeah ... Fuck you!" The last Draft pick's Triple H and I'm like (punches the air), "Yes! Oh, my God!" Yes, yes, yes!" I went right up to Umaga and I was, like, "You've got to deal with it now!" It was my favourite Draft pick, to be honest with you."

Orton also noted in a passing comment that he is not friends with Triple H.

And yet the game has friendship listed??? Anybody have anything more recent, otherwise should we change them to either no relationship or a dislike?