EWR 2010 Stats Update: June

I disagree as well with lowering Steve Corino's charisma. He is one of the best talkers in the business.

91 is still among the top 10, and it puts him just below Vince McMahon.  I like Corino, but he isn't that fantastic.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

I disagree as well with lowering Steve Corino's charisma. He is one of the best talkers in the business.

91 is still among the top 10, and it puts him just below Vince McMahon.  I like Corino, but he isn't that fantastic.

I'd agree on that one. Corino is good but McMahon is better IMO.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Personally I'd put Corino at around 93-94 and McMahon at 96-97.

I think Corino would be fine with the 91 and McMahon is good as is because he has had a few stinkers in the past while.

Edit: In sickening news coming out of the Trent Acid memorial Acid Fest, longtime friend of Trent Acid Billy Riel was off the show after Johnny Kashmere said he was not welcome. I'd lower Kashmere's attitude by 5 and add a dislike between Riel and Kashmere.

Edited by The Phenomenal Red

I think Corino would be fine with the 91 and McMahon is good as is because he has had a few stinkers in the past while.

Edit: In sickening news coming out of the Trent Acid memorial Acid Fest, longtime friend of Trent Acid Billy Riel was off the show after Johnny Kashmere said he was not welcome. I'd lower Kashmere's attitude by 5 and add a dislike between Riel and Kashmere.

Personally I'd wait to hear more on the situation before we loser Kashmere's attitude at all. Also, still sticking to my guns about Corino's charisma. Look no further than his feud with Homicide to see some classics. Also, two years ago he worked at a local indy where his son turned on him. Silly or not, that way it was carried out had an air of genuine emotion that I've only ever seen consistently carried by guys like Terry Funk or Eddie Kingston.

• Like 1

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Personally I'd wait to hear more on the situation before we loser Kashmere's attitude at all. Also, still sticking to my guns about Corino's charisma. Look no further than his feud with Homicide to see some classics. Also, two years ago he worked at a local indy where his son turned on him. Silly or not, that way it was carried out had an air of genuine emotion that I've only ever seen consistently carried by guys like Terry Funk or Eddie Kingston.

Corino's promo war with Homicide was at most 4 years ago, I am not disagring that those were amazing promos but he like Shane Douglas have not cut 5* promos of late.

The Riel-Kashmere deal is best described on here from PWInsider.com:

www.indywrestlingnews.com reported the following: "Notably absent was Billy Reil. Reil decided late this week not to attend the event due to unspecified issues with Johnny Kashmere. Kashmere reportedly made it clear that Reil wasn't welcomed at the event, which is inexcusable considering how close Reil was with Verdi dating back nearly 20 years. Reil posted this on his Facebook account shortly after the event ended: Wants to personally thank the boys and the fans for honoring my friend today. While I was not physically there today, rest assured that my thoughts and spirit were with each and every one of you. Thank You for making these past 15 years so memorable. It's been a honor and pleasure to have met, worked with, laughed and cried with all of you. T. Acid 4 forever."

Reil supposedly had a falling out with Acid in the past year because he tried straightening him out with his recent strings of arrests based on the drug use that eventually led to his death. Kashmere did something that he shouldn't have done for a tribute show and throw off someone that was willing to put over a late friend. Unlike Zandig's no-show which was injury based, this was in excusable.

I think that this might be a hatred rather than a dislike as Kashmere claimed Reil was not allowed at the show.

As for some of the lucha stats I posted, I did some fast stats and I am sorry for that. Notably, Principe should not be a Mini Viper and I did not realize Trueno was not in the game. I am pretty sure I have stats of his in the Google Docs archives.

If anyone saw those guys besides me and can double check things, please do so.

-Uncheck SS look and menacing for Jimmy and Jey Uso.

-Raise The Miz's charisma to 90.

-Lower Linda McMahon's charisma to 44.

-Raise Dusty Rhode's charisma to 94.

-Raise Finlay's brawl to 85. His brawling is definitely more of his strong point over technical wrestling, and he is one of the best brawlers in WWE.

-Raise Dolph Ziggler's selling to 86.

-Raise Matt Striker's charisma to 85.

-Raise Santino Marella's charisma to 87.

-Raise Chavo Guerrero's charisma to 84.

-Raise William Regal's charisma to 92.

-Raise Randy Orton's charisma to 88.

-Lower Stephanie McMahon's charisma to 81.

-Raise Goldust's charisma to 90.

-Raise Sheamus' charisma to 79.

Edited by KrisClassic

Question. Why are Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipović and Tito Ortiz in the data?

Guest The Phenomenal Red

-Uncheck SS look and menacing for Jimmy and Jey Uso.

-Raise The Miz's charisma to 90.

-Lower Linda McMahon's charisma to 44.

-Raise Dusty Rhode's charisma to 94.

-Raise Finlay's brawl to 85. His brawling is definitely more of his strong point over technical wrestling, and he is one of the best brawlers in WWE.

-Raise Dolph Ziggler's selling to 86.

-Raise Matt Striker's charisma to 85.

-Raise Santino Marella's charisma to 87.

-Raise Chavo Guerrero's charisma to 84.

-Raise William Regal's charisma to 92.

-Raise Randy Orton's charisma to 88.

-Lower Stephanie McMahon's charisma to 81.

-Raise Goldust's charisma to 90.

-Raise Sheamus' charisma to 79.

Chavo Guerrero is at 81 currently and I think he's fine at that.

William Regal is at 87 currently, I think he's fine as is.

Goldust is at 88 right now and I think he is fine as is too.

I agree that Orton should have his raised to 88.

Sheamus is at 76 right now I think he is pretty under-rated. I'd say raise his up to to 83 to be honest.

• Like 1

Regal I won't argue on any charisma stat as I don't think he's ever been off. But Chavo is only good in a comedy role. He's limited on the mic and doesn't wow the crowd on the likes of others with said stat when he's trying to be a serious heel, or even a serious face. And Goldust only thrives when he's Goldust. He's pretty good as Black Reign or Dustin Rhodes, but he's only really good when he's Goldust. So I say leave Chavo and Goldust's charisma where it is.

• Like 1

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Edit:

Question. Why are Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipović and Tito Ortiz in the data?

Cro Cop did matches in HUSTLE (the Japanese sports-entertainment promotion that was aligned with PRIDE) a few years back. :rolleyes: All Ortiz did was special ref in TNA twice so I'd say remove him from the game as he never actually wrestled.

Various Lucha Libre notes:

Dr. Wagner is possibly done with AAA despite being their world heavyweight champion (again) and jumping to CMLL. The details are sketchy as he appeared at a CMLL show in Nuevo Laredo Sunday. credit to Luchablog: 07/12 CMLL in Nuevo Laredo Results (Oriental loses his mask to Mistico)

The big news from the rest of the show was the appearance of Dr. Wagner Junior. It was hinted early this morning by SuperLuchas, and was revealed a few hours before the show by Box Y Lucha. He appeared after the fourth match, first posing with his son, then circling around in the ring, all while wearing his AAA World Heavyweight Championship belt (he also had the video game belt.) When he went to the ring and posed, everyone was under the impression this meant Wagner had left AAA and was joining CMLL as an Invader. Upon returning to the locker room, Dr. Wagner instead told the press that he was on good terms with AAA, and everyone backed off saying he was leaving.

People who are on good terms with a company do not show up at a major show for a rival promotion, being as visible as possible. (And CMLL isn’t going to let Wagner be part of the show unless they wanted him to be part of the show.) Wagner may end up staying with AAA, uninterrupted, but this was a very petulant move to make a point; AAA’s treated him as an afterthought to the Perros del Mal entry, the Parka/Park story, and the Legion stuff, and Wagner has always felt he should always be on top. That seems to be the wrestling he grew up with – in the UWA, Canek doesn’t seem to have ever been cycled down the card or bypassed much; he was either the top rudo feuding with the top tecnico, or the top tecnico feuding with the foreign guy. That’s spot doesn’t really exist in either promotion, but Wagner can sure come close by jumping back and forth between them like this.

This bit was also totally hilarious. For most of the night, AAA only response was an enigmatic tweet from Lucha Libre AAA, which is so unspecific, it may have nothing to do with any of this. Later, Dorian Roldan seemed surprised, generally the same reaction as everyone else, though his post gives the impression Wagner left.

Dr. Wagner is not listed on any lineups from now until the Toluca taping, though he’s almost surely scheduled to be on the Lucha Libre Expo show, and there’s probably other lineups AAA hasn’t put on it’s website. At the point, the expectation is he’ll still be working AAA shows, but it’s a fluid situation. We’ll know more soon. This would be a fantastic time for Cesar to come back from his blog vacation.

If we’ve been reminded of anything, anything at all, from La Parka vs LA Park, is that people remember what they saw in the ring and not what was said later. Tonight, Wagner made people believe he’s jumped to CMLL, and interviews aren’t going to undo that.

The news has not been cleared up of yet and should be sometime in the near future, but an interesting note was made from this. credit to Luchablog: What we know about Dr. Wagner’s status, at the moment

The contract’s the issue. AAA’s probably going thru some issues, since we just heard about Rocky Romero leaving after the last set of taping due to a pay cut, and maybe that’s an issue with Wagner’s deal as well. However, CMLL hasn’t been handing out great deals either. About a month ago, the WON mentioned CMLL had major cutbacks in wrestler’s deals, taking everyone besides five (Mistico, Ultimo Guerrero, Shocker, Negro Casas, Hector Garza + outsiders) off guaranteed contracts and back to being paid via (low) percentage of the house. There are always different better deals available to top guys jumping from one company to another, but it’s not a profitable time to be a luchador.

Hector Garza, Mistico, Negro Casas, Shocker and Ultimo Guerrero should have written deals for CMLL.

There is quite a bit of news coming from that show without the elephant in the room by the name of Dr. Wagner Jr. credit to Luchablog: 07/12 CMLL in Nuevo Laredo Results (Oriental loses his mask to Mistico)

CMLL Gutierrez (MON) 07/12 Plaza de Toros Lauro Luis Longoria [@ENRIQUEYNIESTA]

1) Mini Alebrije, Mini Cibernetico, Mini Oriental b Astral, Mascarita Dorada, Shockercito

2) Lady Apache, Lluvia, Marcela DQ Rossy Moreno, Sexy Flor, Tiffany

3) Ephesto, Mephisto, Rey Bucanero DQ Charly Manson, Juventud Guerrera, Mr. Águila

4) Hijo de LA Park, Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Scorpio Jr. DQ La Máscara, Máscara Dorada, Valiente

5) Hector Garza, Terrible, Texano b Jushin Lyger, Shigeo Okumura, Yoshihashi

6) Místico & Oriental L Atlantis & Olímpico and Averno & Ultimo Guerrero and El Alebrije & Volador Jr. and Histeria & La Sombra [ruleta de la muerte]

7) Místico b Oriental [mask]

Oriental is Noe Astro Moreno Leon, according to CMLL Magazine. (Astro?) He’s 37, 17 years a wrestler. No photo as I type this, but I’m sure we’ll see one later.

Not a lot of noteworthy material on the show. Tiffany was the mystery woman for the Invaders. At the time of the press conference, she was still working AAA spot shows, which is probably the reason they kept it quiet. Not sure if this means anything for her brother, ex-Night Queen Jessy, who’s also working AAA spot shows without making TV in years. Tiffany was a big part of AAA in the mid 2000s, but really hasn’t been used much since Pena’s death and since she left to have a kid. She was still good, last we saw her, and would fit in well in CMLL if that’s why she and they want to do.

The first four matches all did have non-clean finishes. Mini Cibernetico broke the law by removing Dorada’s mask before pinning him, but was not charged with the crime. No specific word on the DQ in the second match, but it probably was for one of the rudas pulling Lluvia’s mask. DQ in the tercera was for Ephesto taking off his own mask and tossing it. (Mephisto hurt a knee in this one.) DQ in the cuatro was for Scorpio (Solitario replacement) fouling and unmasking Mascara. Japan vs Renegados finished clean, we think.

Add Noe Astro Moreno leon as an alter ego of (El) Oriental.

Tiffany has left AAA as she would not work a CMLL show without being in AAA. I'd wait on adding her to CMLL thus yet.

Do not add Rossy Moreno, Juventud Guerrera, Charly Manson/Malice and Scorpio Jr. to CMLL as this was an Invasor show promoted by CMLL.

Add a new stable with Hector Garza as the leader and El Terrible and Texano Jr. called Los Renegados. No idea if this effects their standing in Los Hijos Del Averno though they were "annoyed" that they were not being used in six-mans with the faction.

Edit:

Raise Christina Von Eerie's speed to 50 and selling to 51.

Raise Cynthia Moreno's brawl to 25, her speed to 62 and her technical to 42. Her "Flying Wrmdrag" should be Flying Armdrag which is Top Rope Standing move.

El Dandy should have 52 overness.

Raise La Chicka Kane's brawl to 46.

Lizmark Jr. should have 61 overness.

Remove Los Laguneros as a stable.

Marco Corelone should have 67 overness.

Martha Villalobos needs a drastic stat change because she don't suck as much as the stats make her look to be. Her brawl is at 18, I think it would be better off at 58. Her speed is 0 which I think it would work better at 10. Her technical is at 13, I'd raise it o 33. She is super stiff for Mexico so I would put her stiffness at 70. She should also have 40 overness. She is a trainer and and a booker as well. She has a traveling troupe of wrestlers that at one point included Intocable, Juventud Guerrera, Lizzy Valentine (Kandi Kisses), Pantera Surena (La Galatica from All Japan Women) and Ayoko Hamada. She should be in an inactive tag team with Hechicera called Women Head Hunters. Their experience should be 15.

Mascara Dorada should have an overeness of 38 and his charisma is 60. His primary finisher should be Destello Dorada which should be impact. Make his Blind Moonsault as his secondary.

Mascara Sagrada should have an overness of 53 and charisma of 63.

Mictlan is no longer working for CMLL.

Muerte Roja(the former Mascara Sagrada Jr.) should have 41 as his overness and 58 charisma.

Pimpinela Escarlata should have his speed raised to 62 and his technical raised to 50.

Shocker should have his finishers as La Reinera which is a submission move as his primary and his secondary should be Dos Caras Clutch which should be an impact move. Also he is MEXICAN not American.

Edited by The Phenomenal Red

With working this program with John Cena, I think all of the Nexus guys should have their overness in the mid to late 70s, with the highest being Wade Barrett then Justin Gabriel (for pinning Cena).

-Heath Slater's kicks and strikes looked AMAZING tonight on NXT. I would give him a huge boost in brawl, early to mid 70s at least.

-After watching Guest Booker with Raven, add a friendship between Raven and Syxx-Pac.

-After watching YouShoot with Kevin Sullivan, add a friendship between Kevin Sullivan and JJ Dillon.

-Add a friendship between Kevin Sullivan and Hulk Hogan.

-Based off of YouShoot with Honky Tonk Man, add a dislike between Honky Tonk Man and Bret Hart.

-Raise Kevin Sullivan's overness to 54. Check shooting ability.

-Raise JJ Dillon's charisma to 80.

-Lower Ahmed Johnson's overness to 40.

-Raise Greg Valentine's overness to 58.

-Raise Johnny Saint's overness to 39.

-Lower Steve Strong's overness to 30.

-With his resurgence in popularity, raise The Iron Sheik's overness to 70.

-Lower Bruce Hart's overness to 35.

-Lower Genichiro Tenryu's overness to 32.

-Lower Mike Adamle's overness to 48.

-Raise Robbie Ellis' overness to 23.

-Raise Larry Legend's overness to 6.

-Raise The Juggulator's overness to 10.

-Raise Abraham Washington's overness to 52.

-Raise Robert Fuller's charisma to 76 and overness to 40.

Edited by KrisClassic

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Various News and notes credit to PWInsider and Luchablog:

Raise David Otunga's stiffness to 68. He has dropped several people on their heads with his spinebuster including Ricky Steamboat.

WWE has signed Ryan O'Reilly (Ryan Parmeter) to return to the company. O'Reilly had gone through the company's developmental system and was about to start on the road for Raw brand when he asked for a release in 2008, citing his father's health issues and not wanting to be on the road away from Kristy Vaine. Vaine, his girlfriend at the time, who had just debuted for the Smackdown brand in an angle where she attacked Torrie Wilson. Vaine requested her release at the same time and the angle was dropped.

Put Ryan O'Reilly back under a WWE developemental deal and add Ryan Parmeter as an alter ego.

Longtime Florida independent staple Chasyn Rance, 27, who also appeared on VH-1's Tool Academy reality series, was arrested and charged with charged with lewd or lascivious battery for allegedly having sexual relations with a 15 year old girl several years ago in Orlando, according to The Orlando Sentinel.

The article claims that the mother of the girl (now 17) learned of the encounters after coming across the daughter's diary, where she admitted she was "feeling bad" about things that had happened while visiting her Father in Orlando. Upon learning of the circumstances, the mother contacted police in Florida and later brought the girl to the authorities.

Rance was arrested after he was taped over the course of several conversations with the girl, allegedly admitting they had slept together and that he was sorry if he "ever hurt her."

The article noted that the first encounter happened in Rance's home after the two had been drinking.

Rance was released from the Orange County Jail Monday on $3,500 bond.

Rance has been a staple on the Florida independent scene for years and has also done enhancement work for WWE and TNA. He had a brief run in the now-defunct MLW as CM Punk's Straightedge referee.

Lower Chasyn Rance's behavior by at least 15. He is at 93 and with the antics he had on VH1's Tool Academy and now this, he is not worth for the 93 behavior at all.

SmackDown Spoiler:

Jack Swagger's "Father" was introduced as a new character at tonight's Smackdown taping in Louisville, Kentucky. His father is being portrayed by longtime Southern wrestling star Jimmy Golden, best known to national audiences as Bunkhouse Buck in WCW.

Bryan Danielson update:

Over the weekend at the K&S Convention in New Jersey, Bryan Danielson was telling people that he could no longer use the name "American Dragon" as WWE had trademarked it. I was unable to find any proof of that through my own research, but it's possible. Danielson has been assuring promoters of late that should he return to WWE, he will return their deposits on dates, but I don't know whether that should be an indication he expected to return sooner than later or not.

Perhaps put him back under a WWE deal as he has been reimbursing promoters on their deposits for not being able to make booking due to a WWE return.

Add Pablo Marquez to the game (surprised he isn't in it currently to be honest)

Name: Pablo Marquez

Short Name: Marquez

Birth Month: June

Weight: Lightweight

Employer#1: None

Disposition: Face

Position: Lower Midcard

Gimmick: None

Touring Commitment: None

Brawling: 32

Speed: 68

Technical: 43

Stiffness: 33

Selling: 60

Overness: 28

Charisma: 55

Attitude: 85

Behavior: 75(Has gotten in legal trouble in his native Ecuador and in the US for not showing id at an airport

Trainer Ticked

Wage: $15000

Speaks: Yes

Nationality: Other(Ecuador)

Primary Finisher: Springboard Moonsault (Ground)

Secondary Finisher: Plancha (Top Rope Standing)

Tag Teams: None

Stables: None

Alter Egos: El Puerto Ricano, Ubas, Babu, PABLO

Relationships: Mikey Whipwreck (loyalty), Perry Saturn (loyalty), Ricky Cruzz (loyalty), TAKA Michinoku (friendship), Taz (loyalty)

No update to the Dr. Wagner Jr.-AAA deal thus yet.

Bryan Danielson update:

Over the weekend at the K&S Convention in New Jersey, Bryan Danielson was telling people that he could no longer use the name "American Dragon" as WWE had trademarked it. I was unable to find any proof of that through my own research, but it's possible. Danielson has been assuring promoters of late that should he return to WWE, he will return their deposits on dates, but I don't know whether that should be an indication he expected to return sooner than later or not.

Perhaps put him back under a WWE deal as he has been reimbursing promoters on their deposits for not being able to make booking due to a WWE return.

I bolded the key part, it says that should he get resigned to WWE that he will refund the booking deposits, their is nothing there saying that he has resigned.