EWR 2010 Stats Update: June

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Bryan Danielson update:

Over the weekend at the K&S Convention in New Jersey, Bryan Danielson was telling people that he could no longer use the name "American Dragon" as WWE had trademarked it. I was unable to find any proof of that through my own research, but it's possible. Danielson has been assuring promoters of late that should he return to WWE, he will return their deposits on dates, but I don't know whether that should be an indication he expected to return sooner than later or not.

Perhaps put him back under a WWE deal as he has been reimbursing promoters on their deposits for not being able to make booking due to a WWE return.

I bolded the key part, it says that should he get resigned to WWE that he will refund the booking deposits, their is nothing there saying that he has resigned.

Fair enough.

I feel like Daffney's overness should be raised from 66 to about 70. She is easily the most over Knockout in TNA today.

For the iMPACT Zone response she is but according to the iMPACT Zone the Machine Guns will be 1000 over. I'd keep her as is because she is not pushed as hot and only gets the crowd reaction and nothing is done with it.

I personally think that a lot of TNA guys like Abyss, AJ Styles, Desmond Wolfe, Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle, Mr. Anderson, Rob Van Dam, Samoa Joe and Sting are too over. When TNA was on Mondays they had 1/3 of the rating WWE RAW did. Hulk Hogan is at 100 and he only got TNA a slight bump in a rating for a week or two. I say he should be at 97, Sting is at 94 and I think he would be better at 90 because he has not given TNA much of a boost in notice outside of licencing, Kurt Angle is also at 94 but I would put him at 91, Rob Van Dam is at 89 and I think he would be better at 85, AJ and Joe have 86 overness and I think they would be better fitted at 75 while Abyss is at 82 and I think he would be better at 73, Mr. Anderson is at 82 and I think he would be better at 79. and Wolfe is at 77 and I think he should be at 71 right now with the way TNA has pushed him of late losing to everyone and their mother.

My reasoning for a 10 point drop, IF Abyss, AJ Styles, Desmond Wolfe and Samoa Joe were brought into WWE, they would be midcarders at most and not upper midcarders like their current overness would state. In a National promotion, I believe they would still be borderline main eventers. I'm sure people will disagree but perhaps this is a solution for TNA becoming a Global federation too fast.

In TNA spoilers:

The former Victoria/Tara has returned to TNA as the motorcycle chick from the Victory Road pay per view this past weekend.

Other news:

Mister Saint Laurent and Sean Davis should have booker ticked. They are going to be the bookers of the Milton Wilpon powered Sterling Equities wrestling promotion out of Florida that has Vader and Sean Waltman and is starting up in January.

IWA and WWC have been doing some cross-promotion though I am not sure if it was just for Aniversaro. If anyone has any better information on this, please tell me.

No matter what I'd add Carlito to WWC as a main event face.

Lucha notes:

Cuervo should be renamed to Dark Cuervo.

Dr. Wagner Jr. should have El Galeno del Bien and El Clinico del Ring added as alter egos.

El Pantera II should have El Pantera, Pantera and El Manaya added as alter egos. His tag team with Hijo de Pierroth (YAMADA and TANAKA) should be inactive.

El Zorro should have Christoper Martinez, Jesus Cristobal and Zorro added as alter egos. He used the Martinez and Cristobal names while doing WWF Los Super Astros.

Escorpion Negro should be renamed Escorpion and added to CMLL as an opener heel.

Espiritu should be renamed Dark Espiritu and he is a lightweight not a heavyweight.

Hijo de Pierroth and Super Kendo are cousins so put them as blood relatives. His(Pierroth) Kendo Star entry should be renamed to Kendo Star II as Super Kendo was the original Kendo Star

Oz(z) should be renamed Dark Ozz. He have his brawl raised from 30 to 57, his speed lowered from 78 to 72.

Pimpinela Escarlata should have his speed raise to 58 and his technical raised to 50.

Polvo de Estrellas is under-rated. I'd raise his brawl from 16 to 36, his speed from 38 to 58 and his techincal from 35 to 55. His finishers should include Diving Senton as his primary and Powerslam as his secondary. The Diving Senton should be a top rope move. Create an alter ego for Polvo including Fidel Alvarado, Adrian, Siniestro, Faces I, La Llorona Loca, and Coco Rosa.

Rename Scoria to Dark Scoria

Remove Sugi San from AAA and rename him to El Blazer. His secondary finisher should be the ground move the Blaze Press. Blaze is his name for indy bookings so that is why I am suggesting this name for Sugi.

Replace Kendo as a Super Kendo alter ego with AKIYOSHI.

Rename The Espantos to Los Hijos de Espanto.

EDIT: Lucha Libre USA's risk should be 70 and so should MTV2's for Late Night (when Masked Warriors is on)

Edited by The Phenomenal Red

I agree with lowering some of TNA's overness levels.... For those exact reasons. They are over, because its the same fans week in and week out that go and cheer for them. WWE has different fans every week, and their wrestlers (generally) get the same reactions accross the globe.

If AJ came to WWE, it would not be as big a deal as his overness suggests that it would.

I would, however, leave Hulk, Kurt and Sting as is. They are legends. They are not the reason ratings didn't bump up and stay up, it's because of bad boking that people didn't tune in to see them.

Just a thought from Superstars/SmackDown regarding SES

Is it just me or does the SES Masked Guy remind you of Matt Cross.

I started thinking it after seeing him on Superstars

I've heard he was Joey Matthews.

I'd leave Hulk Hogan and Kurt Angle's overness as they are. Hulk Hogan is still Hulk Hogan, a universally known name and should stay at 100. I wouldn't say we should lower his or Kurt Angle's overness based on TNA's less than spectacular ratings. You can't get great ratings today based on one guy alone. Some of their main guys, sure, but guys who were popular before they went to TNA (such as Hogan and Angle) should stay as is.

I'd leave Hulk Hogan and Kurt Angle's overness as they are. Hulk Hogan is still Hulk Hogan, a universally known name and should stay at 100. I wouldn't say we should lower his or Kurt Angle's overness based on TNA's less than spectacular ratings. You can't get great ratings today based on one guy alone. Some of their main guys, sure, but guys who were popular before they went to TNA (such as Hogan and Angle) should stay as is.

Hogan and Angle are not as popular as they use to be. You can't just give them the benefit of the doubt. All I'm saying is, if 20 years ago Hogan went to the Number 2 promotion in America people would care. Wait a second.......

Anyways the last mainstream news he made was with his wifes divorce proceedings a year or 2 ago. Hogan shouldn't be dropped to the mid 80s or something, but the upper 90s-100 over is too much for a guy who doesn't have the same drawing power as he used to.

As for Angle....ugh.

Wrestlers don't need to make mainstream news to be over. Kurrgan's been in two box-office selling movies in the last few years but he shouldn't be more over than John Morrison who only does WWE appearances. Hulk Hogan's the man people think of when they think of wrestling. He's the alpha and the beta. The always is, always was, always will be 100. And I'm not sold that the reaction of a transfer from one promotion to the other should determine how over people are. It's not the peak of wrestling anymore where every wrestling fan knows every wrestling promotion. If anyone debuted on WWE from TNA, the reaction they received would most likely depend on what they were doing in their debut. If Samoa Joe debuted and demolished John Cena after the match, he'd probably get booed to high hell, but because that was the intended reaction. Alternatively, if he just showed up one day with no music and go squashed by Kane, he'd probably get little to no reaction. So I think leave everyone where they are.

• Like 1

Wrestlers don't need to make mainstream news to be over. Kurrgan's been in two box-office selling movies in the last few years but he shouldn't be more over than John Morrison who only does WWE appearances. Hulk Hogan's the man people think of when they think of wrestling. He's the alpha and the beta. The always is, always was, always will be 100. And I'm not sold that the reaction of a transfer from one promotion to the other should determine how over people are. It's not the peak of wrestling anymore where every wrestling fan knows every wrestling promotion. If anyone debuted on WWE from TNA, the reaction they received would most likely depend on what they were doing in their debut. If Samoa Joe debuted and demolished John Cena after the match, he'd probably get booed to high hell, but because that was the intended reaction. Alternatively, if he just showed up one day with no music and go squashed by Kane, he'd probably get little to no reaction. So I think leave everyone where they are.

Kurragan was obviously the star of those movies. And lets not forget the countless awards he's won. I mean everytime I turn on my TV all I hear is Kurragan. But on a serious note.

Hulk Hogan maybe the greatest wrestler alive, but he is not the most popular wrestler alive. Why not just raise The Iron Sheiks over to 90 He used to be so great. People peak. Hogan peaked a while ago. If Eric Young showed up on on a WWE ramp right now during RAW he would get 0 reaction. If AJ showed up he'd get a decent reaction. If Hogan showed up, he'd get a very good reaction. If The Rock showed up.............

Guest The Phenomenal Red

The thing I am getting at with my intial suggestion was over a few things

1: With the star power in TNA it gets TNA to be Global real fast which is not a reality after what happened earlier in the year when they faced WWE.

2: if they are debuted in WWE as WWE has done debuts in the recent past, they might get half the response. Look at when Chris Harris debuted as Braden Walker.

3: We are nuts to say that AJ deserves as much as a reaction if not more of a reaction as Mr. Anderson who was a solid upper midcarder knocking on the door of the WWE main even.

4: According to the game

Over: This is how much the crowd react to a worker. 0 means the person is totally unknown, 100 means a worker is known worldwide (such as The Rock). Generally wrestlers below 10 will be working for backyard federations, wrestlers around 60 will be working for Cult promotions, and workers over 80 will be working for Global promotions.

Now would Samoa Joe and AJ Styles be working for WWE, it's up in the air. Yes they are known to internet wrestling fans but would anybody on the street know who they are is the major question. Kurt Angle would get a lot and Hulk Hogan would have tons. Sting would prob get less than Angle but Joe and AJ, probably not.

I am fine with Hulk Hogan, Sting and Kurt Angle staying at their current overness but Abyss, AJ, Joe and Wolfe should not be near a Hardy or RVD or Anderson's overness to start with. If anything I think Daniel Bryan should have higher overness than those guys because he was on a 3.2 RAW in the over-running segment (which usually brings up the rating) beating up the WWE Champion in John Cena and a top contender on SmackDown in CM Punk. He is at 68 and I don't see why he shouldn't be lower than 78 which is one point below The Pope.

Anywho, if I go on this topic any longer I'll make a Jim Cornette rant so I'll stop before I start making threats about bombing the TNA offices.

Kris I put what you wrote in spoilers because it should have been as the "unknown SES Masked Guy" has yet to be revealed. (Open the spoilers if you want to read what I have to say about the SES masked man.

However you are correct that Joey Matthews is who the masked guy was rumored to be since the debut of the angle back before Judgement Day. He has been supposedly playing the role on the house shows tagging with Luke Gallows. No matter what as I've said for the past few updates, he should be in the game under a WWE deal. He was signed thanks to Punk about April.

Matt Cross was on Superstars but this was his first WWE shot for the first time in several months to my knowledge.

Popitekus, Hilario Vargas Ruiz, passed away Monday. He was 53, and passed away from a stroke brought on by diabetes.

Credit to Luchablog, remove Popitekus from the game.

I think a few pages back was a question on why Dr. Wagner had his attitude and behavior so low, I think him showing up on a CMLL show with the AAA title is reason enough on why it is that low, let alone how outspoken he is about both promotions.

One last update is on my recent favorite topic on this thread. LUCHA LIBRE USA (which is debuting tonight on MTV2 at 10:00 pm)

The last update I have about them before they debut tonight is that Reby Sky should be added to the game as she is their "host". (Insert Leyla Milani Wrestlicious comments here.)

Anywho for any of you who watch MTV True Life you might remember her as the New York Giants girl during their Super Fan episode.

Name: Reby Sky

Short Name: Reby

Birth Month: August

Weight: Lightweight

Employer#1: LLUSA

Disposition: Face

Position: Non-worker

Gimmick: Staff member

Contract: Written

Touring Commitment: None

Brawling: 12

Speed: 6

Technical: 5

Stiffness: 13

Selling: 20

Overness: 32

Charisma: 65 (does talk shows on Sirius XM and is actually able to talk unlike some WWE divas put into the game)

Attitude: 85

Behavior: 85

Announcer Ticked

Diva Ticked

Wage: $15000

Speaks: Yes

Nationality: American(Ecuador)

Primary Finisher: Slap (Impact)

Secondary Finisher: Slap (Impact)

Tag Teams: None

Stables: None

Alter Egos: Rebecca Reyes, Rebecca Victoria Reyes (see wikipedia)

Relationships: None

If she hosts talk shows, perhaps she should have announcer ticked.

According to Tyler Black's formspring add a hate relationship between Tyler Black and Hunter Matthews.

-Lower Vader's overness to 61.

-Lower Ashley Massaro's overness to 40.

-Lower Dawn Marie's overness to 60.

-Lower James Mitchell's overness to 54.

-Lower Karen Angle's overness to 50.

-Lower Juventud Guerrera's overness to 60.

-Lower Masato Tanaka's overness to 65.

-Lower Candice Michelle's overness to 68.

-Raise Kelly Kelly's brawl to 34 and charisma to 72.

-Raise Layla's charisma to 80.

-Change Smelly to a non-wrestler. He is retired.

-Raise Jon Moxley's brawl to 67, stiffness to 42, selling to 86 and overness to 41. Check High spots and SS Look.

-Raise Mike Quackenbush' technical to 87.

Edited by KrisClassic

My reasoning for a 10 point drop, IF Abyss, AJ Styles, Desmond Wolfe and Samoa Joe were brought into WWE, they would be midcarders at most and not upper midcarders like their current overness would state. 

That is not true.  They're not coming from ROH, they're coming from the second most popular promotion in the United States.  Samoa Joe and AJ Styles would both debut in the upper-midcard, and it's possible one or both of them could debut in the main event.  Christian left the WWE as a midcard heel and came back as the face of a TV show.  Whether you like what they did with Christian, it showed how much they respect TNA.  After multiple years away from the WWE, he got a good pop for a return.  I think you're really trying to downplay TNA's popularity. 

AJ Styles starts at 86, and Kofi Kingston at 83.  Your suggestion to drop the overness rating by 10 would put AJ Styles well below Kofi Kingston, and that is not realistic.  If you don't like how it turns out in your game, I think the most fair thing to do would be to change it yourself, and not suggest everyone takes on this injustice.  

And sorry to break it to you, if Hogan showed up at Raw, he would have as big a reaction as anyone.  Period.  

Guest The Phenomenal Red

If she hosts talk shows, perhaps she should have announcer ticked.

I thought I said that but if not, my bad.

My reasoning for a 10 point drop, IF Abyss, AJ Styles, Desmond Wolfe and Samoa Joe were brought into WWE, they would be midcarders at most and not upper midcarders like their current overness would state. 

That is not true.  They're not coming from ROH, they're coming from the second most popular promotion in the United States.  Samoa Joe and AJ Styles would both debut in the upper-midcard, and it's possible one or both of them could debut in the main event.  Christian left the WWE as a midcard heel and came back as the face of a TV show.  Whether you like what they did with Christian, it showed how much they respect TNA.  After multiple years away from the WWE, he got a good pop for a return.  I think you're really trying to downplay TNA's popularity. 

AJ Styles starts at 86, and Kofi Kingston at 83.  Your suggestion to drop the overness rating by 10 would put AJ Styles well below Kofi Kingston, and that is not realistic.  If you don't like how it turns out in your game, I think the most fair thing to do would be to change it yourself, and not suggest everyone takes on this injustice.  

And sorry to break it to you, if Hogan showed up at Raw, he would have as big a reaction as anyone.  Period.  

Did you read my last post?

The thing I am getting at with my intial suggestion was over a few things

1: With the star power in TNA it gets TNA to be Global real fast which is not a reality after what happened earlier in the year when they faced WWE.

2: if they are debuted in WWE as WWE has done debuts in the recent past, they might get half the response. Look at when Chris Harris debuted as Braden Walker.

3: We are nuts to say that AJ deserves as much as a reaction if not more of a reaction as Mr. Anderson who was a solid upper midcarder knocking on the door of the WWE main even.

4: According to the game

Over: This is how much the crowd react to a worker. 0 means the person is totally unknown, 100 means a worker is known worldwide (such as The Rock). Generally wrestlers below 10 will be working for backyard federations, wrestlers around 60 will be working for Cult promotions, and workers over 80 will be working for Global promotions.

Now would Samoa Joe and AJ Styles be working for WWE, it's up in the air. Yes they are known to internet wrestling fans but would anybody on the street know who they are is the major question. Kurt Angle would get a lot and Hulk Hogan would have tons. Sting would prob get less than Angle but Joe and AJ, probably not.

I am fine with Hulk Hogan, Sting and Kurt Angle staying at their current overness but Abyss, AJ, Joe and Wolfe should not be near a Hardy or RVD or Anderson's overness to start with. If anything I think Daniel Bryan should have higher overness than those guys because he was on a 3.2 RAW in the over-running segment (which usually brings up the rating) beating up the WWE Champion in John Cena and a top contender on SmackDown in CM Punk. He is at 68 and I don't see why he shouldn't be lower than 78 which is one point below The Pope.

I adjusted and said that Hogan and the rest of the ex-WWE talent could stay as is. As for your logic about Christian returning to WWE, the guy made his name in WWE and was a part of memorable angles and matches. Several dvds were released after he was gone from WWE with his matches on them. "Best of the Ladder Match," "Edge: A Decade of Decadence," "WWE RAW Homecoming," "Twist of Fate: The Jeff & Matt Hardy Story," The Best of RAW 15th Anniversary," and any WWE pay-per view dvd set like WrestleMania, Royal Rumble & SummerSlam along with several other video packages about him. At this point TNA was doing ratings that were beat by ECW on a regular basis.

Plus I think Kofi Kingston is more known than an AJ Styles or Samoa Joe. We are talking about the whole world and not just the internet bubble. AJ and Joe are more known on the internet than Joe but in reality, Kofi is more known because he is on a show that does 2s on a Network while AJ is on a show that does 1s on cable.

Looking to get back into EWR after a tremendous amount of time away, so extremely grateful to see people still keeping up with the stat updates. I bet Ryland didn't expect such an extended following.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Lucha Libre USA Notes:

Reby Star will be known as Rebecca Star for LL USA. Apparently she has trained for wrestling and is being trained by Prince Nana.

Pierko El Boricua aka Hijo de Pierroth from LL USA has been renamed to El Limon for LL USA.

Apparently the Puerto Rican Powers real identity is not in stone for being Phoenix Star and Zokre and could also be Flip Kendrick and Louis Lyndon. The builds looked like AeroForm more so than Los Luchas.

Neutronico has been renamed Neutronic for some reason. Perhaps this is to prevent the confusion that he is a mini by name.

Lujo Esquire should be a tweener to have a high society gimmick.

Marco Corelone's gimmick should be All-American.

In other Lucha news remove El Gato Eveready as an alter ego for Javi/Nemesis, it has been revealed that he was actually not the original one.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

After downloading the update anytime I try hiring new staff or resigning a staff member I get the message '[insert name here] refuses to even begin negotiations with you." Did I do something wrong? o.o

it depends on the size of your promotion and the talent. it is 75 for cult, 90 for global and any for global. That or you crtl-alt-delete during the load.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Asorted Lucha Updates and Updates to Updates I previously posted:

Histeria II should be added to CMLL as an upper midcard Rebel. Also raise his overness to 43 and tick high spots.

Mascara Dorado should be a face with a highlight reel gimmick.

Psicosis II should be added to CMLL as a upper midcard Rebel. Also raise his overness to 45.

Stables:

Add The Rebels as a stable for CMLL. Psicosis II(leader), Alebrije, Chucky, Cujie, Hector Garza, Histeria, Mascara Ano 2000, Mr. Aguila, Monsthre & Universo 2000.

Histeria's overness should be uped from 43 to 48.

Psicosis' overness should be uped from 45 to 52, he's getting pushed against Mistico.

Hector Garza kinda sorta is still apart of Los Invasors which is the "real" name for The Rebel stable. The stable include Psicosis II (still the leader), Alebrije, Chucky, Pequeno Cujie, Hector Garza, Histeria II, Mascara Ano, Mr. Aguila, Monsthre, Oriental, Universo 2000 and Maniaco.

Hector Garza and Mr. Aguila has teamed up and won the CMLL Tag Team titles from La Sombra and Volador Jr.

I the Lucha Libre USA would be fine at about the stats of NWA Pro.

They are based in the US

2.2 million starting money

Cult sized with an image of 30.

Previously I mentioned GMC(Gary Michael Capetta) and Nigel Sherrod as their announcers.

Their risk looks to be on par with WWE so 68.

Production should be 70(65 is MTV2's starting Production).

Advertisiting should be 45%

Merchandising should be 10%(they rarely have shirts or other kinds of merch at their shows) (N)

Their show is Masked Warriors, it's on Fridays at 10:00 (so Lat night) on MT2 with GMC as the announcer and Nigel as the color commentator.

They will have a heavyweight title but I am not sure on the name at the moment.

As for Lucha Libre USA's roster:

Main Event:

Marco Corelone (Face: Old School Face/Cocky)

Tinieblas Jr. (Tweener/Heel: Old School Heel)

Upper Midcard:

Charly Malice (Face: Gothic) is in the game as Charly Manson

Lizmark Jr. (Heel: Old School Heel/Hired Gun) *is in the game as Hijo De Lizmark?*

Mascarita Dorada (Face: Showstealer) *needs stats*

Midcard:

Awesome Kong (Face/Tweener: Monster)

Chi Chi (Heel: Crossdresser) *is in the game as Alan Funk*

Hijo de Pierroth (Heel: Old School Heel) *is in the game as Pierko El Boricua*

Mini Park (Face: Luchadore) *needs stats*

Octagoncito (Face: Underdog) *needs stats*

Oriental (Heel: Ninja)

Pequeno Halloween (Heel: sidekick) *needs stats*

Rellik (Heel: Demon/Monster)

RJ Brewer (Heel: All-American/Racist) *is in the game as John Walters*

Super Nova (Face: Highlight Reel)

Lower Midcard:

Mascara Purpura (Face: Luchadore)

Misteriosito (Heel: Highlight Reel) *needs stats*

Neutronico (Heel: Sidekick) *needs stats*

PR Flyer (Face: Luchadore) *needs stats*

Sadistiko (Heel: Sidekick) *needs stats*

San Juan Kid (Face: Luchadore) *needs stats*

Opener:

Lujo Esquire (Face: Old School Face) *needs stats*

Manager:

La Tigresa Caliente (Heel: Seductress) *is in the game as Rhaka Kahn*

Solid (Face: Fun Babyface) *needs stats*

Non-worker:

Nigel Sherrod? (Face/Tweener: Staff Member)

Tag Teams:

The Puerto Rican Powers: PR Flyer & San Juan Kid

Chi Chi and La Tigresa Caliente

Lizmark Jr. & Sadistiko

Stables:

Hijo de Pierroth, Oriental & Neutronico

Lizmark Jr., Pequeno Halloween & Sadistiko

Staff:

Alex Abrahantes: Writer *not in the game?*

Gary Michael Capetta: Announcer

Nigel Sherrod: Announcer (if not in the game as a worker)

NOTE: Besides Awesome Kong, Mascarita Dorada and Oriental, all the workers for Masked Warriors should be under written deals. This comes from a PWInsider.com elite hotline about a month ago stating that all of the workers are under written deals to secure them to 24 dates for the tv tapings. The deals are interesting because say Marco Corelone is offered a contract by TNA after the deal, he has to allow Lucha Libre USA to have a counter-offer before coming to terms with TNA. Nothing earth-shattering in the game, but an interesting note.

Gary Michael Capetta was replaced with Lalo Gonzalez. I have no idea on who he really is. I'd put his talent at 65. Nigel Sherrod is in the game as a worker.

Tinieblas Jr. and Neutronic should be added to the unnamed stable Lizmark Jr. stable. Tinieblas should be heel.

As of right now Alex Abrahantas is not in the game.

As for staff I found this on the LLUSA website.

Lucha Libre USA Preview “Behind The Mask” to Air on MTV2 and MTV Tr3s Prior To Series Debut

Burbank, CA (April 1, 2010) – Lucha Libre USA LLC today announced it is bringing Lucha Libre to America in English for the first time ever and will air on MTV2 and MTV Tr3s. This new partnership with Lucha Libre USA LLC, MTV2 and MTV Tr3s will bring all the action-packed, legendary wrestling loved by fans of all ages straight to TVs across the United States. MTV2 and MTV Tr3s will tailor the pop culture phenomenon for audiences, adding its own MTV Networks’ flair to this historically highly-rated series. Cookie Jar Entertainment’s teen and adult programming label, THE JAR, brokered the deal, bringing 52 weeks of this new series to MTV2 and MTV Tr3s.

Kicking off the series, the two channels will air Behind the Mask, a half-hour special that takes an in-depth look at the history of the sport of Lucha Libre.

“Cookie Jar Entertainment is thrilled to team up with MTV2 and MTV Tr3s to air the first English-Language Lucha Libre series in the U.S.,” said Tom Mazza, EVP Head of Worldwide TV, Cookie Jar Entertainment. “It has been extremely successful in Mexico and on Spanish-language networks in the U.S., and we believe that with MTV’s support, this new series will continue to build momentum for Lucha Libre USA, making it the next major wrestling brand in the U.S.”

“To be partnered with a network as successful and effective as MTV2 and MTV Tr3s is a great opportunity for us,” said Steven Ship, Managing Director, Lucha Libre USA. “Their commitment to promote the series and the brand will give us the chance to provide new and exciting wrestling entertainment to the U.S. market.”

“Through our partnership with Lucha Libre USA, we’re extending the Lucha Libre brand, which has already been embraced for years by passionate fans around the world,” said Chris McCarthy, Senior Vice President of Strategic Development and Digital TV Networks, MTV. “By bringing the series to MTV2 and MTV Tr3s, we’re giving a new audience direct and exclusive access to all the beloved characters and fast-paced action that are part of this cultural hit.”

“Having seen firsthand Lucha Libre and its great cast of characters, MTV Tr3s is very excited to have such a legendary cultural passion point as part of the Tr3s programming,” said Jose Tillan, GM, MTV Tr3s.

Lucha Libre has played a major role in Mexican pop culture for over 75 years, where its popularity is surpassed only by soccer. Loved by fans of all ages, only Lucha Libre delivers the high-flying and explosive action of Mexico’s beloved luchadores. In 2008, wrestling fans in the U.S. were introduced to the sport through Lucha Libre AAA’s Legendary Battles of Triplemania, pay-per-view special. It was followed by the return of the Lucha Libre AAA/USA Invasion Tour last spring. This groundbreaking series will mark the first time that Lucha Libre matches are regularly broadcast in English.

Copyright Promotions Licensing Group U.S. (CPLG U.S.), Cookie Jar’s licensing arm and the North American licensing agent for Lucha Libre USA, will be launching a Lucha Libre consumer products licensing program in Fall 2010.

Steven Ship and Louis Silverstein, Managing Directors of Lucha Libre USA, and Tom Mazza, EVP Head of Worldwide TV for Cookie Jar Entertainment, will serve as executive producers of the series. Chris McCarthy, Eric Conte and Paul Ricci are Executive Producers for MTV2.

About Lucha Libre USA

Lucha Libre as an art form is much beloved by the Latino culture, and is one of the most popular live events in Mexico after soccer, selling millions of tickets to a mass audience composed of families from across the socioeconomic strata. Lucha Libre USA’s mission is to introduce Americans to the phenomenon that is Mexican wrestling Lucha Libre. In June 2009 a one-hour syndicated seriesLuchamania was launched on regional Hispanic U.S. broadcasters. Lucha Libre USA regularly produces live events in major US arenas.

About MTV2

MTV2 is a Man’s Best Friend, with the highest concentration of males 12-24 on TV today. A vibrant mix of music, lifestyle and action sports programming, MTV2 has reflected the habits and behavior of young people since its launch in 1996. MTV2’s audience has grown each year and the channel is currently available in 75 million homes on both digital and analog. MTV2 is part of MTV Networks, a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Come check us out at www.mtv2.com.

About MTV Tr3s

MTV Tr3s (mtvTr3s.com) is available in broadcast in 7 million Hispanic TV households and 38 million total TV households, making it the most-widely distributed TV network dedicated to superserving today’s bicultural Latino youth. MTV Tr3s programming is rooted in the fusion of American and Latino music, cultures, lifestyles and languages. Music programming is at the core of MTV Tr3s and the channel features hitmakers, emerging artists and new sounds that resonate with young U.S. Latinos. In addition to music programming, the MTV Tr3s programming slate also features lifestyle series, news, documentaries and other long-form programs that celebrate US Latino hybrid identity and culture.

About Cookie Jar Group of Companies

The Cookie Jar Group of Companies is one of the world’s leading independent entertainment, consumer products and educational publishing companies with 16 offices around the globe. Cookie Jar Entertainment is a leader in the creation, production and marketing of animated and live-action programming. Its library of nearly 6,000 half-hour episodes of television features some of the world’s most recognizable series including Caillou, Inspector Gadget, Arthur, The Doodlebops and Johnny Test. The company controls Cookie Jar TV, the weekend morning block on CBS, and has a one-third interest in international children’s television channel KidsCo. Cookie Jar Entertainment’s Jaroo.com is the premiere web video destination for kids with the largest independent selection of full-length children’s TV series and movies online. Copyright Promotions Licensing Group (CPLG), Cookie Jar’s full-service international licensing agency, represents numerous entertainment, sport and design brands such as Strawberry Shortcake, Richard Scarry, St. Andrews Links, Lucha Libre AAA/USA and Skelanimals. Carson-Dellosa Publishing is one of North America’s largest providers of supplemental education materials and reaches nearly 2,000 teachers across the United States. For more information, please visit www.cjar.com.

I imagine that the aforementioned Alex Abrahantas added as a writer, Steven Ship and Louis Silverstein as a road agents?, Chris McCarthy, Eric Conte and Paul Ricci as producers and perhaps LL USA LLC as the "owner."

I am working to figure out better stats for the Mexican talents because they are highly under-rated in particular with overness and charisma with most not being over 40/50.

On a radio show around here, Jeff Lewis is a host so since I've been listening to the show I've been able to pick up a few things.

If its not in, add a team of Ricky Morton and Chris Hamrick as they team on the indies down here. Add a friendship between Jeff Lewis and Ricky Morton, and between Jeff Lewis and Chris Hamrick. Also I'd consider changing Jeff Lewis' name to Jeff Lewis Neal.

Source for the name:http://www.newrock933.com/pages/4665845.php

I'll upload the Ricky Morton call if need be but seeing as JLN is such a small timer, you can take my word for it.

After watching YouShoot with Sabu:

-Add a loyalty between Sabu and CJ Otis. Sabu said that he has taken Otis under his wing.

-Change Sabu and Rob Van Dam's relationship to a loyalty.

-Add a friendship between Sabu and Teddy Hart.

-Add a friendship between Sabu and Junior Fatu.

-Add a friendship between Sabu and New Jack.

-Add a friendship between Sabu and Taz.

-Add a dislike between Sabu and Kurt Angle.

-Add a dislike between Sabu and Bobby Lashley.

-Add a friendship between Sabu and Tommy Dreamer.

-Add a dislike between Sabu and Sim Snuka.

-Add a dislike between Sabu and Jerry Lawler.

-Add a friendship between Sabu and Carlos Colon.

-Add a dislike between Sabu and Dusty Rhodes.

-Add a dislike between Sabu and John Zandig.

-Check SS Look and Highspots for CJ Otis and raise his brawl to 76, technical to 79 and selling to 76.

-Add a loyalty between CJ Otis and Dan Severn. Dan Severn trained him.

-Raise Lori Fullington's overness to 34.

-Raise LuFisto's overness to 41.

-Check Highspots and menacing for Darin Childs. Raise his stiffness to 68 and his brawl to 58.

-Lower Sabu's speed to 72, raise his brawl to 83. Check Menacing and Trainer.

-I personally would change the relationship between Jimmy Snuka and Sim Snuka to blood relative, even though he is adopted. It is for all intent and purposes the same thing.

Edited by KrisClassic