2010 College Football Thread

• 4 weeks later...

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6194162

So Tressel knew about his kids doing things against the rules and didn't give a hoot. He's suspended for the first two games, by the school. The NCAA is still investigating and could slap on a bigger penalty, but they love Ohio State, so I'm not expecting much.

I hate Ohio State.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6194162

So Tressel knew about his kids doing things against the rules and didn't give a hoot. He's suspended for the first two games, by the school. The NCAA is still investigating and could slap on a bigger penalty, but they love Ohio State, so I'm not expecting much.

I hate Ohio State.

The school is sending a serious message by suspending him for games against known powerhouses Akron & Toledo.

I don't know whether they should be renamed Ohio Skate University, Ohio Shame University or Ohio Sham University, but Tressel won't miss more than 5 games even though he could theoretically have been fired for his indiscretion. Between this incident, $cam Newton and what went down with Bruce Pearl, the NCAA should just stop pretending they care about violations.

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck the haters. Sweatervest is just too classy to talk to the feds and rat out his own team. He is a man of great principles and integrity. As long as said principles allow him the integrity to keep his team together, win the Big Ten (+1) and go to a BCS bowl game. Do your thing Jimmy T, and don't let the outsiders try to bring you down man!

:rolleyes:

It's not even that. It's that you're calling a man a 'class act' because he's punishing himself for something he did that was wrong in the first place. If he was a true class act, he would have told the Big Ten or NCAA about it and not kept it underwraps. Take off those goggles, good sir.

Or you know, if he were a class act ...

they'd have been suspended the moment he knew about it and MONTHS later it wouldn't be a "breaking story" that he knew BEFORE all of this. It isn't that Ohio State is "the root of all evil" at EWB ... it's that OSU is full of douchebag sacks of crap that actually think the majority of us are as dumb as they are dirty.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/video-bama-stadium-survives-colossal-tornado-29661

One of the tornados barely missed Bryant-Denny stadium

• 5 weeks later...

I'm bumping this- OSU head coach Jim Tressel has resigned as head football coach at Ohio State University. Story is breaking on ESPN now as I'm watching it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6606999

As a diehard Buckeyes fan, I'm devastated by this. I mean, I figured it was coming with all of the trouble he's been in lately, but wow. End of an era in Columbus, OH. All of his digressions aside, he was one of the best coaches we've ever had here (obviously not THE best), and I'm REALLY worried about the future of our football program.

What a joke. He pretty much forced all of the suspended players to return next year by blocking them from the Sugar Bowl if they didn't agree to do so. He claimed he didn't want them "skirting the consequences" and avoiding the suspensions by going to the NFL. And yet now he resigns, avoiding his suspension, and his next stop is probably the NFL to be an assistant. Can't imagine it would be too long before he winds up being a coordinator or even a head coach.

Holy hypocrisy, Batman. Fantastic coach, shame he handled this entire situation badly.

What a joke. He pretty much forced all of the suspended players to return next year by blocking them from the Sugar Bowl if they didn't agree to do so. He claimed he didn't want them "skirting the consequences" and avoiding the suspensions by going to the NFL. And yet now he resigns, avoiding his suspension, and his next stop is probably the NFL to be an assistant. Can't imagine it would be too long before he winds up being a coordinator or even a head coach.

Holy hypocrisy, Batman. Fantastic coach, shame he handled this entire situation badly.

A nice hefty show-cause penalty (see: Sampson, Kelvin) would seem to fit quite well here.

Meanwhile, the oblivious QB shows up to the team meeting in a late-model dealer car. Somehow, I get the feeling Pryor (and at the rate they're going, half the damn team) will be bailing for the Supplemental Draft. Apparently, the NFL's waiting with open arms, as they've already confirmed that the SuppDraft will go on despite the lockout if there are applicants.