2010 College Football Thread

That's just it though ... they can't. Fox is the only channel with the capability to even come close but their bread and butter is their regional breakdown. I can't see them doing it. Outside of them ... there really isn't anyone that can dream of creating something like this.

If the NBC/Comcast merger goes through and they turn VS into NBC Sports it is possible but that is down the road.

Yeah, the advantage is going to be huge. Of course there will be some indirect funds and "pay offs" by Texas in order to keep the other schools in the conference happy.

Why Texas Tech is the Bitch of the Texas Schools

Really ? Pussies, that is all. However they did lock up Tuberville for a while, which is a good thing.

Also, Dennis Franchione is coaching Texas State. That's either going to work out fantastically for them ... or be disastrously bad.

How pathetic.

On a positive note, Notre Dame's recruiting class is starting to take great shape. After Aaron Lynch de-committed from the Irish a few months ago, he committed to Florida State. But just last week, he officially announced that he's coming to South Bend after all. Lynch is listed as a Top-Three defensive end. And just this morning, defensive end, Stephon Tuitt did the exact same thing. That means, in this recruiting class, Notre Dame has four of the Top Twelve defensive ends. I love that Brian Kelly is building up our defensive line. That's what we've needed the most help with for a decade now. We're also still in the running for four-star running back Savon Huggins, from New Jersey. This class was looking rather meek for a long while, but it's picking up an awesome amount of steam heading in NSD.

Since college football is my favorite sport, and no one wants to chat recruiting with me, I'll post this.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/tag/_/name/012011-conference-standings

It's a breakdown of conference rankings. #1 is the SEC and #2 is the Pac-10, though the articles make strong cases for the Pac-10 to be #1. #3 is Big-12 and #4 is the Big-10. Big East is a lol worthy #8.

The only thing I don't like about the way they do the final ratings is that they includ the Bowl Season ... which is a total fucking crapshoot with how long between an all that other shit.

Recruiting ? I'll talk recruiting with you ... like, I hope FSU somehow still lands Clowny :)

Yeah, that freaking kid is "stupid" good ... saw him play 3 games this year and even when his team got trounced to start the season ... he was head and shoulders, literally, the best freaking player on the field.

Hopefully FSU can pull of Tony Steward (top rated LB) but Clemson is supposedly a very strong dark horse to get him, but he's from Florida. We're also in the top 2 for Tim Jernigan (2nd rated DT) and Nick O'Leary (2nd TE).

The Mountain West is looking to throw a final fuck you to TCU. The Boise St/TCU game next year (one and only conference match up because TCU is leaving) is supposed to be at TCU ... but the conference is looking to switch the game to Boise St.

Tate Forcier is leaving Michigan ... LOL Michigan.

Losing Tate Forcier isn't remotely sad to me as a Michigan fan. Devin Gardner is better than him and so he was essentially a 3rd string QB who couldn't pass a class to save his life.

I am really liking the few things Hoke has done so far. Getting the Ravens d-coordinator was huge. Especially for recruiting. Might be stealing a 4 star LB from Texas A&M.

Edited by bill_da_bill

Losing Tate Forcier isn't remotely sad to me as a Michigan fan. Devin Gardner is better than him and so he was essentially a 3rd string QB who couldn't pass a class to save his life.

I am really liking the few things Hoke has done so far. Getting the Ravens d-coordinator was huge. Especially for recruiting. Might be stealing a 4 star LB from Texas A&M.

You sir, fuck right off of the A&M recruits .... what, no LB in Michigan :shifty:

With the breakdown of the Texas deal, ESPN is going to produce 1 football and 8 mens' basketball games. The deal breaks down to 15m a year. Do those maths .... fucking shit.

More on the recruiting, I'm really excited about Karlos Williams .. a freaking 6'2 210 DB ? yes please. He'll actually end up being a linebacker or that 'spy' hybrid position due to his size. Also, Kelvin Benjamin 6'6 210 WR.

This is a big weekend for Michigan with 8 guys coming in. Already got a verbal from Raymon Taylor a 4-star CB who had been committed to Indiana. A bit small at 5'10 and 167, but from what I've read and seen he's very athletic.

A couple of big DT's and LB Curtis Grant also in right now. Hoke was behind the 8-ball, just hoping he can end up pulling a respectable top 30 class at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

And I had kept hope, but Savon Huggins chose to stay in-state and play for Rutgers. He was the last "top" recruit Notre Dame was in the running for. He just signed his LOI. Oh, well. Still, we've got twenty-three signed so far, seven of them Top-150, and four of them are the top-12 defensive ends in the country. September can't get here soon enough.

Yeah, for as crappy a year as Georgia had, Louisville and Virginia too for that matter, they're really cleaning up today. This is the first year that Notre Dame's class has me really excited. We always grab the big tight end (Ben Koyack this year) and a quarterback or two (only one this year seeing we have a stable as it is) and a big tackle to build on (Hegarty), but never have any big time defensive players. Five four-star defensive players in this class has me ecstatic. Brian Kelly actually acknowledged what he needed to build on and is doing it. As opposed to Weis who just went out and signed five or six more wide receivers.

We just signed a three-star tight end right out from under USC's nose. That makes me smile.

Well, yeah, but Edsal has done a lot with one and two-star recruits at UConn. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them pull in a Top-25 class next year when he has the whole year to recruit. Aside from Florida State, and Clemson at this point, he'll have your boys doing well in the ACC, no doubt.

Well, yeah, but Edsal has done a lot with one and two-star recruits at UConn. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them pull in a Top-25 class next year when he has the whole year to recruit. Aside from Florida State, and Clemson at this point, he'll have your boys doing well in the ACC, no doubt.

It's not that I'm terribly worried, the class has a lot of depth to it which sometimes is just as good as one or two big 5-star recruits. Maryland's probably headed towards a 3rd or 4th place finish in the ACC and enough to qualify for a bowl. The patience of Maryland fans is surprisingly thin though, and too many were expecting some superstar recruit to come in immediately. I'm, however, optimistic for what Edsal can do in a few years as opposed to now.

Sounds like Maryland fans are more delusional than Michigan and we, Notre Dame fans, combined. :P

Haha, they're pretty rough. A lot of Maryland fans think that since programs nearby (WVU, VaTech, and Penn State) are all good that it should rub off on the Terps and they should be able to instantly become a national contender. This being the same fanbase that wanted Gary Williams out at Maryland a few years ago except the owner of the Ravens said he would stop being a season-ticket holder and donating money to the program.

The fans are nowhere near as prominent as Michigan or Notre Dame, but because it's Maryland there's a ton of rich alumni so they have some clout.

They still think EJ Henderson and Lamont Jordan play too :pervert:

Yeah, Edsal is the perfect guy for Maryland because he'll start holding on to the 3* guys that Beamer has been turning into first rounders for the last decade. His biggest obstacle is London at UVA honestly. They're the same guy and they're fighting for the same recruits.