2010 College Football Thread

The Terps' run comes to an end. Looking at them beating NC State next week to set up VaTech vs. FSU for the ACC title for the first time since 2005. Maryland said Friedgen would be back for 2011 a couple of days ago, which sets the program on a firm path for 6 or 7 wins at best. It's not like the school is in a bad area for recruitment, northern Virginia, DC, and Baltimore have some solid talent (it's the hotbed of basketball talent however) so it's really a matter of keeping the good local guys away from VaTech, WVU, and Penn State that's been holding the program back.

Holy 1988 Batman.

Texas A&M 9 .. Nebraska 3 FUCK YEAH ! Now, if Oklahoma can just beat Ok St in the Bedlam game and A&M has a shot at the Big 12 Title Game if they don't screw the pooch against Texas. Holy crap.

And yay ! FSU just needs the Turtle to beat NC St and they go to the ACC Title Game.

..... that Oregon State team looked pretty good against USC ... just saying.

The Wrecking Crew is back? I always had a soft spot for A&M.

HttK and I might be the only dudes that remember when the Beavs were considered one of the worst teams in college football. Mike Riley has really done a hell of a job up there.

I remembe when Erickson got there and they won 7 games and everybody shit the bed ... and that little Simonton guy in the backfield ? Wow, yeah ... they used to be a laughingstock before that.

Of course, Wazzu were Rose Bowl contending too :shifty:

Gee, is an idiot

Hey numbnuts ... if you want to call out how "lowly" the WAC/MWC Power schools are by pointing to their schedule ... you should probably make sure that you aren't from the "Big" school from a "Tough" conference that plays a schedule that is as "bad" as the ones you're going off on.

Oh, and the rest of your rant should include points that actually help your case.

============================

Also TURKEY DAY TRADITION !

Wrecking Crew VS the St(qu)eers

This year ... yeah, Wisconsin and whichever one of Iowa/Mich St has a good day would be the Big Ten teams that Boise/TCU would have issues with. SEC wise, Auburn/Bama and if SC's offense shows up then Boise/TCU would have issues with those schools.

And this year is all that this year's NT game is about.

I love it though, because Boise St has been putting it out there for years that they want to play the big guys, and the TCU AD put the challenge out to OSU in response:

Challenge

... and this is what makes it even funnier, what Gee said. With Boise putting it out there for years and TCU now putting out the direct challenge to them ... we all know who the little bitch is going to be.

Keep Rolling TIDE ~!

*God that hurts to type as I think this is the only time in the history of ever that I've been on the 'Bama side of the Iron Bowl*

While I hate the living shit out of Nebraska ... it is sad to see what is effectively the end of the Colorado/Nebraska rivalry game.

And *yay* UCONN ! Don't fuck it up. I pegged you to win the Shit East.

It looks like Alabama is trying to help Auburn stay alive now. It should have been much worse than 24-7 at the half, and that opening drive by Auburn just cut it to 10 on a ball that should have been picked. Maybe Commissioner Slime called Saban at the half and told him to give Auburn a break so the SEC doesn't get shut out of the BCS Title game :shifty:

So ESPN wants to phrase it like it's a HUGE UPSET OMGUYZ, but did anyone really think Auburn was going to win today?

ESPN people view things like they're coaches, so # 11 beating # 2 is a big deal to them even if it SHOULD happen. Auburn's lucky they weren't down by 30+ at the break.