2010 College Football Thread

Boise State has now blown a 17 point lead as it's 24 all. The college football gods are sadists.

EDIT: A 79 yard TD on a screen pass just put them back up by 7. Nevada had about 17 chances to tackle the guy. That didn't take long :shifty:

Edited by naiwf

WOW. Boise State goes all Hail Mary on Nevada's ass with 9 seconds left in the game and then the kicker CHOKES from 26 yards out at the gun! Then that loser misses another chippy and Nevada pulls off the upset. This has been one of the wildest days of college football I can remember.

YEA! YEA! YEA! YEA!

NE-FUCKING-VADA!!!

I can care less what this does to everyone's dreams, I love the Pistol and Nevada's QB. Great win.

Too bad not all the Non-AQ Champions don't get auto-births, I would love to see how the Pistol does against a BCS team (the original version, not Indiana's).

I feel absolutely terrible for the kicker. Sure he fucked up royally but it never should have come to that.

He's already had to delete his Facebook due to receiving threats and insults every minute and there are a bunch of groups pretty much saying they want him dead. I'm not entirely sure he'll be able to finish off his degree at Boise State.

The saddest part is, he's like the most accurate BSU kicker of all time. Yet this is how he will always be remembered. Kicking is a completely thankless job.

So knowing just how fucked up this system is: Nevada will probably go from 19 to 16 in the polls, while Boise falls to 24th.

If LSU beats Arkansas today, I wouldn't be surprised to see them jump from 5th to 3rd just to provide a safety net if Auburn loses the SEC Championship.

Triple post, but fuck it.

Tommy Rees can suck on my nads. That twat has thrown two picks that led to two field goals, and then fumbled which led to USC's touchdown. Other that our defense has shut them down.

EDIT: And another interception. Hey, fuckwad, quit looking where you're going to throw the damn thing five seconds before you throw it. Jesus Christ, just run the damn ball the rest of the game. This kid is going to lose this game for us.

EDIT EDIT: TOUCHDOWN! See, Brian Kelly. Run the ball when the opposing defense has shown they can't stop it. You don't have to throw it 40-times a game to win. This is going to be a stressful 2:20.

EDIT! EDIT! EDIT! HARRISON SMITH YOU BEAUTIFUL MOTHER FUCKER

Randy Shannon was fired by Miami today. They have finished the decline to mediocre former power status.

Amazing Bedlam game, Oklahoma just looks to have sealed it with an 86 yd TD. Let me repeat that, OKLAHOMA looks to have SEALED IT.

EDIT - Followed by an 89 yd kickoff return for the TD from the Cowboys.

Edited by damshow

If it ends up Oregon vs. Auburn in the NC, which team do I root for? Auburn would probably get stripped of it next year, and there's no good reason IMO to support Oregon ever.

I just hope SC beats Auburn in the SEC title game, so TCU can sneak in against Oregon. Either way, it's NC or Rose Bowl for them - they can't get shut out from both.

Mark May is now in contention for ESPN's biggest asshole with this paraphrased gem from earlier today, "Last night's game proved what I've said all along. If Boise State played in the Big 10 they would have lost AT LEAST 4 or 5 games this year!". Lou Holtz almost had a stroke while May was spewing that shit.

Yep, losing to a BCS top 20 team on the road because your kicker collapsed in epic fashion TWICE is = to 4+ losses in the Big Ten. In Mark May's eyes Boise State is roughly on par with Illinois, Michigan, Northwestern and Purdue, but if they were in the Big 10 they'd clearly lose to all three of those world beaters (and Purdue) too :rolleyes:

Edited by naiwf

If there were ever a reason to invent "reach through the screen and punch a motherfucker" tv ... Mark May is it. He's a fucking idiot. He's the fucking douchebag that will sit there and defend the "big boys" and at the same time smile and put a 3/4 loss Big East Champion into a BCS game/NT because they "earned it."

Suck a fuck and die in a fire you fucking cunt.

Holy hell that Ok/OkSt game was retarded. Unfortunately A&M can't catch Ok in the BCS standings (N) So we'll get fucking Oklahoma/Neb in the fucking title game.

So both the Big 10 and Big 12 will have their conference champion decided by the BCS (partially for the Big 12 anyway). THE PLAY ON THE FIELD WILL NOT DETERMINE IT <--- instead it will be the BCS.

Fuck right off and die.

The system works guys. We'll tell our grandkids about the time we saw a scrappy squad from the University of Connecticut play in the Discover Orange Bowl.

This shit sucks. I'm fine with OU and Nebraska being the Big 12 title game since A&M has one more loss overall. The Big 10 will thankfully have a title game on the way, but letting the computers potentially gift the Buckeyes another Rose Bowl just pisses me off. Wisconsin is infinitely better, and easily the best team in that conference.

ACC title game is FSU-VT, fair enough. Tech lost to James Madison and will be headed to the Orange Bowl barring a big shocker. Yes, a team who lost to James Madison has more of a right than a team who lost to Nevada. Yep. You read that right.

Stanford better get an at-large bid, something tells me they'll get ignored for an SEC juggernaut though. If SCAR wins next Saturday then the Cardinal are getting shut out I think.