2010 College Football Thread

The Big Ten division names are something I would've made up on my NCAA videogame when I was six. Leaders and Legends? What ever happened to the good ol' fashioned North/South or East/West. Even if they don't make any sense geographically, it's better than Leaders/Legends.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Temple not going to a bowl game I'd attribute to the conference and/or region they're in more than their record. Tennessee finished 6-6 and are going to a bowl. Albeit, its the Music City Bowl.....

So the Miami rule goes into affect next year where points will be taken off the board for celebrating..what a crock of shit. Eat shit and die NCAA..

Where did you read that? ESPN or Yahoo doesn't have anything about it

I really wonder how Turner Gill feels at Kansas when recruiting hotbeds The U, Florida, and Pitt all had job openings 12 months after he took the job with the Jayhawks. Al Golden made a bad decision though. Miami will eat him alive if he doesn't win every year. Notre Dame South has never been more accurate for the Canes than it is now.

Big 10 division names are horrendous. Why not Cold and Colder?

So the Miami rule goes into affect next year where points will be taken off the board for celebrating..what a crock of shit. Eat shit and die NCAA..

Where did you read that? ESPN or Yahoo doesn't have anything about it

Is it an NCAA rule? I know the celebration rule goes into effect next year in the SEC, however I thought it was only them that were dumb enough to "threaten" to take points off the score board for celebrating a touchdown.

CHICAGO -- Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany says the conference may reconsider the names of its new divisions after overwhelmingly negative feedback.

Delany told WGN AM-720 in Chicago that the Legends and Leaders names were designed to highlight the Big Ten's rich history and that "to a great extent it's fallen on deaf ears."

Many fans have mocked the nicknames and the Big Ten offices have been flooded with letters asking the conference to reconsider the names.

Delaney says that could happen after the first of the year, once people have had a chance "to breathe a little bit."

Delany says the conference considered naming the divisions after people, but decided that would be too limited.

thank god..those names sucked

http://sports.espn.go.com/blog/rick-reilly-go-fish/post/_/id/756/will-somebody-please-hire-coach-bob-green

A bunch of press conference quips from former Montana Tech coach, Bob Green.

I especially love "I really feel like our team is ready to go hit individuals from another institution of higher learning."

Just more reason to hate OSU ... those players don't give a damn about what they're doing there. Fuck 'em, right in their ass. Selling off your Conference Title Ring and the award that your school gives you for beating your arch-rival ? Fuck right off.

I hope that seriously tanks 'em. The players are high profile and it will make a difference. Of course, looking at OSU's first five games next year:

Sat. Sept. 3 AKRON Columbus TBA

Sat. Sept. 10 TOLEDO Columbus TBA

Sat. Sept. 17 at Miami, Fla. Miami, Fla. TBA

Sat. Sept. 24 COLORADO Columbus TBA

Sat. Oct. 1 MICHIGAN STATE

Big surprise. Two shit schools, and only one road game. Imagine that. Without those guys though, it's possible they lose 2.

Just more reason to hate OSU ... those players don't give a damn about what they're doing there. Fuck 'em, right in their ass. Selling off your Conference Title Ring and the award that your school gives you for beating your arch-rival ? Fuck right off.

I hope that seriously tanks 'em. The players are high profile and it will make a difference. Of course, looking at OSU's first five games next year:

Sat. Sept. 3 AKRON Columbus TBA

Sat. Sept. 10 TOLEDO Columbus TBA

Sat. Sept. 17 at Miami, Fla. Miami, Fla. TBA

Sat. Sept. 24 COLORADO Columbus TBA

Sat. Oct. 1 MICHIGAN STATE

Big surprise. Two shit schools, and only one road game. Imagine that. Without those guys though, it's possible they lose 2.

I can see losses to Michigan State... maybe Miami or Toledo, but more likely Miami away. They brought this on themselves, so I agree, I hope they lose 2, even 3.

AJ Green gets suspended for 4 games for selling his jersey

5 OSU players get suspended trading autographs for tattoos

Reggie Bush is declared retroactivly ineligible for his involvment with an agent, and the benefits his family recieved was declared to be apart of him.

Cam Newton is sitting somewhere in Auburn pretty right now.

The NCAA is a joke.

I don't even care if they suspened him or not, cause they didn't suspend the OSU players for the Sugar Bowl (OSU had originally suspended them for the bowl game, but the NCAA overturrned that made it the first 5 games). It's just too silly that a father (who is supposly an extension of the student-athlete accoring to the Bush case) can ask and/or take $180K and nothing happens to the athlete, but yet 5 players get suspened for what bascially amounts to a couple hundred dollars of artwork (and the 2500 Pryor got for selling the golden pants)