The "Man That Movie Wasn't As Shit As I Heard It Was" Thread

TGC

You saw that too? I had never even heard of it until my roommate decided to watch it last summer in our living room. Out of curiosity, I watched too.

And boy howdy, was that ever a bad movie. I can't remember much about it now, but I do remember the distinct feeling of " . . . for real?" when it was over.

domino_2005_580x820_506550.jpg

deepbluesea.jpg

404px-movie_poster_king_arthur.jpg

alien_resurrection_ver3.jpg

Now, Resurrection was kinda sucky, mainly cos of what it had to live up to after 1 and 2 (and some good ideas in 3 that were stifled by the film company). However as a movie it's still mostly pretty good. Sigourney pulls in a great performance, Jeunet's direction is excellent with what he's given. Of course the hybrid alien is sucky and Winona Ryder is too whingy, but apart from that, it's entertaining enough.

ace-ventura-when-nature-calls.jpg

Just brilliant.

Daybreakers wasn't all that bad. It had some really cool concepts, at least. Still, I have yet to see 30 Days Of Night, but I'm not really rushing to see it either.

wow Daybreakers I thought was stupid as could be... slow as hell and never really got anywhere.. wow horrible moevie in my opinion

I watched the first 30 minutes of Surrogates yesterday. I am not sure if i can manage the rest of the movie or not. Maybe it gets better? Does anyone know?

I do and thought that it was a really good movie.. keep watching.

Edited by darkrayne

Daybreakers wasn't all that bad. It had some really cool concepts, at least. Still, I have yet to see 30 Days Of Night, but I'm not really rushing to see it either.

wow Daybreakers I thought was stupid as could be... slow as hell and never really got anywhere.. wow horrible moevie in my opinion

I watched the first 30 minutes of Surrogates yesterday. I am not sure if i can manage the rest of the movie or not. Maybe it gets better? Does anyone know?

I do and thought that it was a really good movie.. keep watching.

You got it backwards. (Y)

People don't like Jackie Brown? Really? The only complaint I have about that movie is that it is looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong, but it's a damn fine movie. Sure, it's typical Tarantino, "I'm going to pay homage to [insert type of film here]," but that should be expected at this point.

• Like 1

I found it impossible to get into. It wasn't bad by any stretch of the word, but I just sat there waiting to become interested in the film and it never happened. Maybe I just wasn't in the right frame of mind, but I got about 2/3rds of the way through it and just turned it off.

I always thought the hate for Phantom Menace (and the other prequels) was completely over the top. There are some groan-inducing moments, but there are some groan-inducing moments in the original trilogy too, but we ignore those because we grew up with those movies and were more forgiving.

Agreed with whoever mentioned Constantine earlier, I remember that movie just getting panned left and right and when I finally watched it on DVD, I loved it.

I liked the Silent Hill movie, it was nothing special, but one of the better game adaptations.

Matrix Reloaded is good, but yeah Revolutions, not so good.

And while they can't hold a candle to Silence of the Lambs, I really liked both Hannibal and Red Dragon.

I just watched Angels & Demons. Now I want to see The DaVinci Code movie. A&D was pretty fucking good. Not nearly as shit as I was told by virtually everyone.

Oh and it was tremendously faithful to the novel.

• Like 1

I liked Angels and Demons. I probably wouldn't watch it again, but all the performances were solid and it was fun waste of an hour or two. Da Vinci Code isn't as good as A&D in my opinion, but it's okay. Ian McKellen is in it which makes it ten times better though.

Agreed with whoever mentioned Constantine earlier, I remember that movie just getting panned left and right and when I finally watched it on DVD, I loved it.

Matrix Reloaded is good, but yeah Revolutions, not so good.

Both of these I really flat out agree with. I defend Reloaded being badass to this day, complete with the other Rage song in the credits.

And Constantine is something I haven't seen in a while, but it's the type of movie 16 year old me would love (and did).