2010/2011 UEFA Champions League

EddieG

What a way to get yourself noticed too, scoring a hat trick at the San Siro. Hell of a lot of respect for Spurs there. They should of been battered, yet made a fantastic comeback in the end. Can leave this game with their heads held high, cant wait for the reverse fixture at WHL.

As for United, piss poor performance to be quite frank. Just a bore really, couldn't even produce a better performance against a below average team.

That was one of our best performances in Europe in years, last time I can remember us playing so well was going to Lyon and winning 3-0 a few years back now. If only we'd taken one of those chances we'd have 7 points now to Valencia's 3 and be a lot more comfortable.

• Admin

Fucking hell that was one interesting night. Impressed with the team for winning the second half 3-0 at the San Siro against Inter with only ten men but still that was one of the worst starts to a game I have ever seen from us. Can't wait for the return leg now - no Gomes but van der Vaart will be back!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

We're missing our #1 keeper, best 3 centre-halves, possibly van der Vaart, possibly Huddlestone. And even with all those it's a big ask to be optimistic for a positive result. However, we are good at home and Julio Cesar (as well as Cambiasso) are missing for Inter, so with Luca Castellazzi playing in goal for them.... there's always hope?

Van der Vaart and Huddlestone are fit apparantly.

Cudicini has been in decent form since returning from injury. My worry is the defence. On paper we have one of the best defences in the league. Thing is Woodgate may never play again, King is busted goods and Dawson has an annoyingly long injury too. This means we're having to use the central defence of an 8th/9th position team. Fortunately BAE has been in the form of his life recently.

Having Corluka injured at the moment is a shame though. Hutton worries me with how far forward he likes to come and of course he doesn't have the great delivery that's needed from an attacking player. We're open to the counter attack down our right flank, although Lennon has been tackling back really well which has been making up a little for his lack of form going forward.

I'd imagine Inter will stifle Bale down the left tonight. I hope Keane plays because he was great with VdV on Saturday. Even Harry admitted that he was better than Crouch and Pav when they came on. Keane's massively intelligent when it comes to making runs and drawing defenders, he's just go ZERO confidence with scoring at the top level right now. Still it's not like Crouch and Pav have been banging them in either.

At home though I expect the crowd to be like last season's matches against Arsenal and Chelsea. The atmosphere will be ELECTRIC, definitely a 12th man. I dream we can win it, I fully expect goals as we have been the Champions League entertainers so far.

Benfica is having a brilliant game, especially Fábio Coentrão and Carlos Martins. 4-0 against Lyon. I never would've thought it possible, given that our run in the Portuguese League isn't being anything special, despite being in second place. C'mon, let's keep it that way, SLB :D

EDIT: And just as I write this, Lyon makes it 4-1 <_<

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat