2010/2011 UEFA Champions League

EddieG

Can see Bale on the move this summer?

Nope :D

Heh, never trust a footballer. I'm sure he remembers the fans that used to give him loads of abuse. Plus if Madrid or Barca come in for him I bet he'd jump at the chance. :shifty:

Can see Bale on the move this summer?

No chance if Spurs qualify for the CL again. Just can't see it.

The Bursaspor fans were glorious in Turkey. I'm a sucker for chants, songs and crowd reactions in general, so I enjoyed the last 10 minutes of the match more than the previous 80 simply due to the fantastic crowd. They were jumping and singing like they'd just won the league. :D

He really is bloody good isn't he. Redknapp must be thanking his jellied eels that he decided to play him in the end, his pace is frankly scary and he can actually cross. Just wish he's got a goal to add to a definite man of the match for my Dream Team. Also wish someone had convinced him he was English a few years back...

Benfica is having a brilliant game, especially Fábio Coentrão and Carlos Martins. 4-0 against Lyon. I never would've thought it possible, given that our run in the Portuguese League isn't being anything special, despite being in second place. C'mon, let's keep it that way, SLB :D

EDIT: And just as I write this, Lyon makes it 4-1 <_<

Went to the stadium to see that game. Awesome match. Awful Scottish ref.

They would get slaughtered against Barcelona, Spurs would be better off having an easyish group to build some confidence, not having a group where they get thumped by Barcelona and find themselves needing results in the other 4 games.

Presuming the Spurs that turn up are the Spurs who pretty much walked over Chelsea and Arsenal within a couple of days (almost a hat-trick with Man Yoo away but an off day and a couple of penalties the difference) they're capable of taking on anyone, especially at WHL.

... but then there's the possibility of the Spurs turning up who were 3-0 down inside, what, 30 minutes against YBB.

Seriously, Spurs are less than 24 hours into the big time and people already talk about how they could beat Barca? :/

Just thought I'd bring this post back up because it came back to me on the shelf last night. Made the champions of Europe look like Barnet last night and we're still missing a few players. As I said at the start of the season, if we turn up at home we can beat anyone on the planet. There's still plenty of work to be done but providing we can keep a few key players fit and no hiccups with those returning, Spurs can potentially go a fair way in this tournament.

They would get slaughtered against Barcelona, Spurs would be better off having an easyish group to build some confidence, not having a group where they get thumped by Barcelona and find themselves needing results in the other 4 games.

Presuming the Spurs that turn up are the Spurs who pretty much walked over Chelsea and Arsenal within a couple of days (almost a hat-trick with Man Yoo away but an off day and a couple of penalties the difference) they're capable of taking on anyone, especially at WHL.

... but then there's the possibility of the Spurs turning up who were 3-0 down inside, what, 30 minutes against YBB.

Seriously, Spurs are less than 24 hours into the big time and people already talk about how they could beat Barca? :/

Just thought I'd bring this post back up because it came back to me on the shelf last night. Made the champions of Europe look like Barnet last night and we're still missing a few players. As I said at the start of the season, if we turn up at home we can beat anyone on the planet. There's still plenty of work to be done but providing we can keep a few key players fit and no hiccups with those returning, Spurs can potentially go a fair way in this tournament.

While I've been saying Spurs can and will do well in the CL, you didn't make Inter look like Barnet last night. They looked dangerous at times that's for sure and they're still missing the hugely important Milito from full fitness/full game time, who completely changes the dynamics of the game if he plays. Now if you said Inter made Spurs look worst than Barnet in the first tie, then that may be a fair comparison.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Fair enough, I've been proven wrong - and I'm actually quite pleased about it. Like I said back during that argument, I'd love it if Spurs did well in the CL and now they are doing well. No complaints from me.

Edited by Shelty92