Football Manager 2011

Dan

Fired this back up again recently. Hadnt played it since before any of the patches. There are some minor changes I am noticing, which look nice.

Starting season 2 in my Everton game,trying to improve on last seasons 8th position. First step, poach as many promising younglings as possible :P

The real story though, is going into season 3 of my Bohemians game, as I try to make the Airtricity League somewhate respected. Lavish spending means the only thing keeping the club in business is the fact I have won back to back doubles. God this league sucks!

The real story though, is going into season 3 of my Bohemians game, as I try to make the Airtricity League somewhate respected. Lavish spending means the only thing keeping the club in business is the fact I have won back to back doubles. God this league sucks!

I had this problem on CM03/04. Got Bohs into the Champions League group stages two years in a row, had 12million in the bank. But after failing to get into the CL group stages the next season things started to go wrong.

Well don't buy a whole new team at once. :shifty: Duh.

I needed to! Lampard, Drogba and Anelka were getting old and useless and I wasn't willing to keep on Bosingwa, Mikel and Kalou for £100,000 per week apiece! Oh and Malouda had practically fallen to pieces following a cruciate ligament injury.

I finally got sick of Bohs. The board kept complaining about spiralling wage bills, but I was keeping them steady, and they WOULD have been under their allocated budget, if the fuckers didnt keep lowering it every season. I had to rebuild that team 3 different times, mostly from scratch, after losing all my first teamers to free transfers thanks to their dicking around. I told them to take their job and restaff it.

To blow off steam, I started a Man Utd game, and spent ages tinkering with the training and tactics, which I normally never do, really. I decided Rooney would make the perfect treqartista, according to what the game said about that role, and well, absolutely destroying everything in my way now.

14 PL games, 13 wins 1 draw, 41 scored, 6 conceded. 5 CL games, 5 wins, 13 scored, 2 conceded.

Rooney has 13 PL goals, 5 assists and 6 MOM performances, with an average rating of 8.4

Never managed to get a start this good, or get Rooney playing this well, in any game I have started. I really should have been looking at tweaking my own tactics from the start :P

10 game left of the season and I'm sitting fifth in the championship. Hopefully I can get promoted to the prem, but I fear that might just end badly next season, but I did beat Spurs in the F.A Cup, but lost several times to Man City in various cup competitions. We've no money and a tiny stadium so I'd better start looking for some bargains now.

Febian Brandy has consistently banged in goals in the 4 previous seasons but this one he has surpassed himself with 25 in 35. AND he is free at the start!

That year that Gretna got into the SPL I played as them and managed to get a second place finish. Glorious. Shame it didn't work out so well in real life. :crying:

Gretna were fun to play as. I fondly remember getting them to the bring of the SPL where Chris Templeman, Jason Scotland and Kenny Deuchar each constantly banged in goals. Before being lured away to Shelbourne on FM06. Where I built a team that had Henri Camera and Robbie Fowler. :shifty:

A beautiful last minute winner while playing Rosenborg. I pushed my wingers forward for extra time and Kevin Thompson, my wonderful US winger got a 94th min. winner, after a series of drawing games we should've won this was most welcome.

Me: Hello Mr. Joey Barton's agent, I'd like to offer him a contract extension.

Agent: He wants £140,000 a week

Me: Close the door on your way out son.

• Like 5

Can you get a physio report on one of your players in FM11, like you used to in older games? I've got a couple of, shall we say, injury-plagued veterans on trial and want to know if there's any way I can assess them before I offer them contracts. Can't seem to find anything that'll let me do that though.

You'll laugh when I tell you who the two players are, but I'd rather leave the reveal until after I've definitely decided whether to sign them or not. :shifty:

It's mentioned on their training tab.

What I was going to say. It tells you how many days they are injured, what percentage that is (although these may both be when you have them signed), and whether the physio/coach has any doubts about thier general fitness.

Okay. I saw that but was dubious as to whether it was the right thing...mainly because it said he had no concerns over their fitness. :shifty:

Say hello to Nottingham Forest's newest signing......OWEN HARGREAVES!!

(I'm also trialling Michael Owen, but probably won't sign him at this rate. >_>)

Okay. I saw that but was dubious as to whether it was the right thing...mainly because it said he had no concerns over their fitness. :shifty:

Say hello to Nottingham Forest's newest signing......OWEN HARGREAVES!!

(I'm also trialling Michael Owen, but probably won't sign him at this rate. >_>)

Playing as Manchester United, I've had no problems with Hargreaves, so his fitness should be okay. Michael Carrick on the other hand, he went downhill after a broken leg and is now playing at Stoke City.

Finally won my first piece of silverware - beat Manchester United 2-0 in the final. I've said I can challenge for the title this year after two consecutive years placing at 3rd place. With a £40 million budget, I'm hoping I can make some good signings.

So yeah. In the process of upgrading my squad for Nottingham Forest's first Premier League season (since 1999). Was given a hefty £17m and my salary budget was doubled to about £215k per week.

The following first-team players left at the end of end of the 10/11 season:

* Kelvin Wilson, DCR (£925k to Celtic). This was set in stone from the beginning of the game with the update I was using.

* Dele Adebola, ST (Free to Al-Gharrada). His contract ended and was 36 years old and only my 5th-choice striker anyway.

* Nathan Tyson, ST (Released). His contract ended and his agent was a dick. <_< Didn't especially want to let him go, but eh.

So that meant I definitely need at least one centre-back (currently have 3: Luke Chambers, Joel Lynch, Wes Morgan) and one striker (to add to Rob Earnshaw, Dexter Blackstock, Robbie Findley). I also probably need another full-back to add to Nathaniel Clyne (DRL), Brendan Moloney (DR) and Julian Bennett (DL).

Signings so far:

* Kaspars Gorkss, DC (£1.4m from QPR). He's 29 years old, captain of the Latvia national team, and I think I got a bloody bargain.

* Owen Hargraves, DM/MC (Free transfer). Released by United in the summer, took him on trial to make sure he wasn't broken and promptly signed him for a decent chunk of my extra salary budget (£30kpw). Hoping he'll be a rock in midfield to steady my pretty lightweight/creative squad.

No leads on a good left-back yet. I'd really like Ryan Bertrand but apparently Chelsea have recognised him as a member of their first-team squad so no chance there. In terms of searching for a striker, I took Michael Owen (also released) on a trial but I think his wages will be a little too much to justify it. Also tried to get Eidur Gudjohnsen on a trial, but he signed with Al-Sadd instead. Currently exploring other random options. We'll see...

As an Ipswich fan, I am really biased here. But Connor Wickham has really grown into a very accomplished player in my Ipswich file. He's an England international and scores a bunch of goals even thought I play him as a supporting Target Man. If Ipswich haven't already sold him, you could probably pick him up for £2.5-£4 million and the guy's very young. It's just my suggestion if you're looking for a striker.