Football Manager 2011

Dan

Yeah Wickham's got a high potential rating (probably because he's one of the Hyped English Youngsters Du Jour :shifty:). Unfortunately Manchester United noticed this last season when I had no money and snapped him up.

Andreas Hinkel of Celtic is a great bargain full back, I picked him up in 2011 for £2m for Newcastle and he's been great.

Andreas Hinkel of Celtic is a great bargain full back, I picked him up in 2011 for £2m for Newcastle and he's been great.

Apparently Schalke bought him 4 days ago for £5.5m.

Damn these crafty big clubs!

Plan B then, go look at Man City reserves for a loan deal.

Leads me to one of my 'Football Manager conversations that never happened' moments.

Newcastle manager Gary Priest sits in his office, phone at his ear...

Me: Ciao signor Mancini, I noticed you have David Silva transfer listed, I'd be interested in bringing him to Newcastle on loan for the season.

RM: OK, we want £3.6m up front and his £160,000 a week wages covered in full

Me: *click*

Yeah, I signed Wickham on my chelsea game, sent him out on loan to Aberdeen for a year.

In the same game, I've given Lukaku 3 starts, in which he's scored 5 times. :w00t:

I signed Wickham at the start of my Liverpool game but had it so he came to the club at the end of the season, might as well let him play first team at Ipswich and get experience and then ease him in at Anfield

Ciaran Clarke from Villa would surely be a good shout?

Good call. Even better call considering Villa got relegated. :pervert: Along with Wigan and West Brom, for what it's worth.

So. Got Clark for £3.7m. Finally came round to signing Michael Owen in the end, since he showed signs of forming a decent partnership with Earnshaw in friendly matches...plus he dropped his wage demands to around £24kpw. :shifty:

Nottingham Forest 2011/12 Registered Squad:

1. Lee Camp (GK)

2. Karl Darlow (GK) U21

3. Paul Smith (GK)

4. Luke Chambers (DRC) captain

5. Nathaniel Clyne (DRL) U21

6. Brendan Moloney (DR)

7. Julian Bennett (DLC)

8. Ciaran Clark (DLC)

9. Kaspars Gorkss (DC)

10. Joel Lynch (DC)

11. Wes Morgan (DC)

12. Owen Hargreaves (DM/MC) vice-captain

13. Guy Moussi (DM/MC)

14. Paul McKenna (MC)

15. Paul Anderson (M/AMRL)

16. Garath McCleary (M/AMRL)

17. Donal McDermott (M/AMRL)

18. Marcus Tudgay (M/AMR/ST)

19. Chris Cohen (M/AMC)

20. Radoslaw Majewski (A/AMC)

21. Lewis McGugan (M/AMC)

22. Dexter Blackstock (ST)

23. Rob Earnshaw (ST)

24. Robbie Findley (ST)

25. Michael Owen (ST)

First game is away at Newcastle. Owen to score the winner?

table.jpg

Yeah. They were pretty awful. ;)

Houllier was sacked at the beginning of February and they hired Christian Gross, briefly of Spurs way back when. Suffice to say, he didn't do them much good either.

The weirdest thing about that, for me, is that Blackpool survived, every game I've played they've never reached 20pts - on a couple of occasions they've not made 10.

I had Everton win the Premiership one season, and they next two seasons they were 14th and 15th. They finally got relegated this season. Just thought it was so stranget that within a few seasons they've gone from Champions to being relegated.

Stok's seen Villa relegated, in my game I've seen them get into the Champions League along with Birmingham City. Which was apparently too much for BC as they got relegated the next season.