Football Manager 2011

Dan

Wasn't sure where to put this, but eh, this is good enough. I've been wanting to do a Liverpool FM-diary since September, where Torres leaves for Chelsea before the start of the season, and Hodgson gets about half of the money to spend on new players. In true Hodgson fashion, Carlton Cole would be the "replacement" for Torres (since he was heavily linked with Pool in the summer), and then originally I had Jermaine Jenas coming to Pool as well. However, I can't think of what Pool/Hodgson would've done with some money to spend. For the scenario, Cole is definitely coming in, but not sure what who else he might bring in. I've tried to think of some guys that were rumored to be exiting their club in the summer, i.e. Jenas, SWP, Roque Santa Cruz, maybe even Adebayor, or do a part-exchange with Saloman Kalou coming over or Danny Sturridge (probably for just a year loan). So yeah, I'd like to play out the game, but need some advice as to who Hodgson would recruit as well.

If you're trying to make it as realistic as possible, he was also trying to get rid of Lucas and Agger. If he'd stayed right through January Agger would probably have gone, and Lucas was being offered around Italy and Spain (at one point it seemed like he was going to Palermo for something ridiculous like £3m).

We were linked with Matthew Upson at one point as well.

Wasn't sure where to put this, but eh, this is good enough. I've been wanting to do a Liverpool FM-diary since September, where Torres leaves for Chelsea before the start of the season, and Hodgson gets about half of the money to spend on new players. In true Hodgson fashion, Carlton Cole would be the "replacement" for Torres (since he was heavily linked with Pool in the summer), and then originally I had Jermaine Jenas coming to Pool as well. However, I can't think of what Pool/Hodgson would've done with some money to spend. For the scenario, Cole is definitely coming in, but not sure what who else he might bring in. I've tried to think of some guys that were rumored to be exiting their club in the summer, i.e. Jenas, SWP, Roque Santa Cruz, maybe even Adebayor, or do a part-exchange with Saloman Kalou coming over or Danny Sturridge (probably for just a year loan). So yeah, I'd like to play out the game, but need some advice as to who Hodgson would recruit as well.

Google brings up the following names that either Hodgson wanted to bring in or Liverpool with investment from new owners could have brought in, as suggested by journalists:

Gilberto Silva

Rafael Van Der Vaat

Danny Murphy

Brede Hangeland

Steven Defour

Fabio Coentrao

Mesut Ozil

Didier Drogba

Steven Pienaar

Andreas Iniesta

James Milner

Luke Young

Ashely Young

Steven Taylor

I went an entire season unbeaten, and still finished 5th :S I only managed to keep my job since I won the Prem the previous 2 season.

The board, in a move of complete stupidity, went and cancelled a year long project of improving the youth facilities with less than a month left to go. I mean come on, cant have been that much money left to pump in, at that stage all they would have needed was a bloody pair of scissors for a ribbon cutting ceremony.

I went an entire season unbeaten, and still finished 5th :S I only managed to keep my job since I won the Prem the previous 2 season.

Did you draw a lot? That is the only way that could be possible.

So due to my injury crisis, I dipped into the market in January. I brought in a bunch of exciting young talents and a Spurs reject; in the form of Steven Pienaar for 2.5m. He's played two games, scored two. Both of them winning the games. No chance would I have needed another wideman if Nasri & Arshavin hadn't been injured - so at that price he was a stop gap bargain.

After getting back into Football Manager this weekend I've managed to get Nottingham Forest promoted, winning the Championship. I've brought in Charlie Adam for £4.1 Million and Mido on a free so far. I have around 16 Million left to spend, so I was wondering if anyone has any tips on good players to bring in? I could do with players in pretty much every position. I tried to get Carroll from a relegated Newcastle, but they wanted £10 Million.

GK- Lee Camp, Ben Alnwick

RB- Chris Gunter, Luke Chambers

LB- Joel Lynch

CB- Wes Morgan, Kelvin Wilson

RM- Hogan Ephraim, Garath Mcleary

LM- Niko Kranjcar Paul Anderson

DM- Guy Moussi, Paul Mckenna

CM- Charlie Adam, Chris Cohen

ST- Mido, Ahmed Soukouna, Joe Garner, Dexter Blackstock

That's the whole squad. I've moved a few people on and let some contracts expire since the end of the season.

EDIT: Just signed Kranjcar ( :w00t: ) from Tottenham for £4.1 Million.

Edited by Ben E.

Newcastle 2012

GK: Krul

DR Andreas Hinkel (£2m Celtic)

DC Boyata (loan)

DC Taylor

DL Enrique

DMC Ernst (Free)

MC Raul Garcia (loan)

MC Nolan

MC Ben Arfa (£5m OM)

ST Macheda (loan)

ST Carroll

I've got a strong bench of Foster, Coloccini, Pander, Wuytens, Afellay, Aissati and Tulio de Melo