Football Manager 2011

Dan

We over took Valerenga at the top of the table. However we have had two frustrating 1-1 draws, where we gave away a lead right after scoring. Valerenga also drew their last two games. We play each other next. We each have three player suspended, it seems.

We're one point a head of them. If we'd not drawn those two games we would be eight points clear. I feel like they're probably going to beat us. They haven't lost all season.

I am the king of free transfers.

2011/12:

* Owen Hargreaves

* Michael Owen

2012/13:

* Charlie Adam

* Salomon Kalou

* Martín Cáceres

And possibly more to come!

The club is also in the process of turning the City Ground from a ~30k seater to a ~44k seater. Awesome times ahead, I think.

I don't understand the AI transfers in this game. Real Madrid sell Ronaldo back to Man Utd for £36m, he plays one season in England and Real buy him back for £90m!

Damn it, I just got offered the Chelsea job... (after they sacked Ancelotti for publicly saying he'd love the vacant Barcelona job, farcically.)

The point of this game is to take Forest to the top so I'm obviously going to reject it. Still, it's painful. >_<

I feel that pain. I've been offered the United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs job while playing in my Ipswich game. But when you play the game for so long, and haven't achieved everything you wanted to achieve, it's just way too hard to leave the club. I've started other files where I'm happy to give up my job to compensate though, like a journeyman game.

Damn it, I just got offered the Chelsea job... (after they sacked Ancelotti for publicly saying he'd love the vacant Barcelona job, farcically.)

The point of this game is to take Forest to the top so I'm obviously going to reject it. Still, it's painful. >_<

My spurs game has undergone massive change on a similiar note.

Athletic Madrid sacked Quique Flores - I made no comment on the story (hoping to be offered the job...). The board took that to mean i'd stay. I then applied for it. It leaked, the board was mad, gave me the ultimatum. I got offended (by a game <_< ) and up and left. Madrid offered me the job, so i'm now reunited with Pavlyuchenko and Kranjcar! This team seems stonkingly ridiculous. Can't see how they got to 11th. Won my first three games by a total of 14-4 :) Then drew Barca 1-1. Pretty happy with that!

Splashed out on a real signing - Vincent Enyeama for £11m. It also seemed I was counting my chickens a bit on Martín Cáceres because I had him on trial and he seemed 'happy' with my contract offer...then signed for Valencia instead. Ah well.

Here's the Nottingham Forest First Eleven for the 2012/13 season:

GK Vincent Enyeama

DL Ciaran Clark

DC Joel Lynch

DC Kaspars Gorkss

DR Brendan Moloney

ML Donal McDermott

MC Owen Hargreaves (vice-captain)

MC Charlie Adam (captain)

MR Paul Anderson

ST Rob Earnshaw

ST Salomon Kalou

S1 Lee Camp

S2 Nathanial Clyne

S3 Luke Chambers

S4 Chris Cohen

S5 Garath McCleary

S6 Robbie Findley

S7 Michael Owen

Just breezed through the 3rd Qualifying Round of the Europa League, beating Bohemians 5-1 on aggregate with Kalou and Earnshaw each scoring a brace. League expectations are to finish in the top half of the table, which I don't see a problem with considering I managed 10th last season when the media thought I would finish 17th.

Aston Villa won the Championship and are back in the top flight, by the way. :shifty:

The newly promoted Premier League club Huddersfield Town were trying to sign 36 year old Brede Hangeland from me! They offered me €1.4 million for him.

I said 2.3 million and you can have him at the end of the season. They went away.

Up to the 2021/22 season now. Won my 7th Prem in a row. Yet, the thing most likely to make me give up and start a new game, is, every single transfer window, without exception, having to reject offers, always from Spurs, for every single one of my youth prospects. They just will not take the hint. At this point, I would just refuse to sell them any player, ever, out of principle for pissing me off every damn transfer window.

Finished my first season on my FM11 comeback, won League One with Southampton. Started woefully, and hung around 5th-7th for a long while until about mid-season when I started to haul in league leaders Swindon and second placed Peterboro who had go too much seperation.

3/4 season done and I was catching them but running out of time and had managed to maroon myself in 3rd. Well behind the leaders but out in front of the chasing pack, unfortunately it was boom or bust. That 10 point lead over the 4th-6th teams would count for nought if it meant going into the play offs.

In the end, on the final day of the season Swindon and Peterboro failed to win their matches on the road and I managed to squeeze out Notts County 2-1 to win the league by a point from Swindon and demote Peterboro to the play offs.

--

Looking forward to the Championship but think some alterations will be needed. There's some players in League One I think I could bring in, but need to see numbers and stuff; I'm thinking Alex Smithies mostly to be honest, but there are a couple others and if Peterboro fail in the play offs, a couple of their lads may prove useful. Then some Premiership players to give us that edge.

Hoping to solidify as a Championship team then push on. No real rush just don't want to go back down is all.

Is Lee Cattermole worth £8m?

Part of the British rebuilding at Liverpool as they have about 4 English players at the club and 1 Scot.

Nah you could probably get better for that price. Especially at CM.

This game is giving me real problems. It used to run really smoothly on my computer, and when I'd the laptop on my lap too long, it'd overheat and the PC would shut down. But now I can barely go two games without the laptop crashing and I'm sure it's FM's fault. Any suggestions?