Football Manager 2011

Dan

Hm. We finally won the Champions League, winning on a Golden Goal penalty after extra-time against Dortmund. I'm now considering jumping ship, having pretty much done everything I could at West Ham. The Liverpool job is up for grabs too...hm...

2008 made me want this so downloading the demo as we speak. If it runs fast on my laptop and I can get into a game I might just buy it.

2010, despite my laptop metting the reccomended requirements and then some ran quite slow and only gave 1 star when I had England and down as far as League 2 running.

Fucking fuck Chelsea and there 'oh lets win the champions league but only finish 7th in the league so Gazz and his 4th placed Newcastle team miss out and have to play in the Europa League'.

Bastards! :angry:

Quit West Ham, joined Grimsby. Plan is to see how quick I can get them from Division 1 to the Premiership Title, see whether I can beat what I managed with West Ham.

ETA: Sam Allardyce, my replacement at West Ham, has taken Peter Gould, the England No. 1 out of the goalkeeper spot and also taken Maxim Tsigalko out of the starting 11, even though he's been the top goalscorer for the past 4 years in the Premiership and was voted Player of the Year in the last season. Oh, silly AI.

Having been 1st from weeks 22-33 in the Championship, I am now in a fight for second/playoffs which is a bit depressing because of a bad run of form (Past 10 games: 3 wins, 5 Draws, 2 Losses) and Forrest going on a great run to put themselves 9 points clear at the top.

7 games left and the table looks like this:

1st= Forrest, 81 pts

2nd= Me (Cardiff), 72 pts

3rd= Reading, 72 pts

4th= Swansea 68 pts

5th= Burnley 67 pts

6th= Barnsley 67 pts

7th= Bristol City 67 pts

8th= Ipswich 58 pts

Team need to step it up a bit more as while I've got a 5 point gap from falling out of the playoffs, It wouldn't be ideal to start dropping points as I've threw away some points in the past few games despite being the better team. I'm just glad my next game is in two weeks time as it'll allow the a good rest, Bellamy to get fit again and well just generally get rid of stupidly close schedule the Championship has for abit haha

My dream of doing the double with Viking has been dashed. My contract with Catania started on the 6 December 2017, four days before the final. :(

So I have moved to Catania and on my first day (this seems to always happen to me) we have a game. We played Luzern in the Europa League and won 6-0. Meanwhile Catania are 5th in Serie A.

So after last night's debacle of a network game attempt, I decided to start a journeyman game, which I've never done before, mostly due to having fairly poor PCs all my life. But now I finally have a decent laptop I thought I may as well. Only included the top 21 leagues in Europe - well, apart from Cyprus because they're not there - and only down to the second tier in most of them except for England, Spain and Italy. Applied for every job I could and had quite a few offers but ultimately chose the dizzy heights of the Russian First Division (second tier) with Volgar-Gazprom Astrakhan, mostly because they gave me a whopping 575k transfer budget.

The league was already half-way through when I joined and Volgar were in 10th place out of 20 teams with my only task being to avoid relegation. I thought this was strange being that they were predicted 10th at the start of the season, but I soon saw why - there's 5 relegation places! Lost my first two games but I'm undefeated in my last four with three victories including one over the 3rd place team, so I've turned things around to an extent. I've slipped down to 11th but I'm a comfortable 11 points away from the relegation places so I'll take it.

The transfer window opened at the end of July and I've brought in a few fresh faces. Some 36 year-old Bulgarian DM on a free everyone spaffed over, some 35 year-old Cameroonian RB on a free everyone spaffed over and a 29 year-old Russian CB with 4 (four!) caps for Russia, which sent the fans into overdrive. He only cost me 80k too. I decided I needed to spend some kind of money and bought a 20 year-old Bulgarian LM for 190k without even scouting him just for the excitement. He turned out to be pretty decent actually. Anyway, I managed to get lucky in that a few of my signings hold a Russian passport but I forgot about the foreigners rule and just signed everybody without checking their nationality. Kind of annoying because it's relegated one of my best players to the bench since you can only have 3 foreign players in your 11 at any point during a game, but eh. Luckily my strikers are actually pretty good already so I don't have to worry about upgrading them, if I can just sort my spine out the goals should start flowing.

Walking out before the cup final.. killer. I hope they hate you.

I didn't walk out! They knew I was leaving for months! For some reason the Norwegian Cup final is scheduled after the game says the season ends. I am disappoint.

Even at that, I brought them their first league title since 1991! They should love me forever.

Eight matches in to the league, we're top of the table by 5 points having won all eight of those matches. Even better, we've scored 17 and only let in one goal. Plus, we're in to the 3rd round of the League Cup, having knocked out Sheffield United (now in the Premiership) in the 2nd round.

Also, in a hilarious "where are they know?", Ruud Van Nistlerooy is enjoying the twilight of his career at Lincoln City.

Decided to pick this up today like I always do this time of year.

First impressions are it's very detailed, more noticeable after spending the past week playing 2008. It's running quite fast though and I'll start a proper game post patch intalling tonight. Can't wait!

Speaking of twilight stories, my favourite was in 2009. A 38 year old Steven Gerrard was spending his final season captaining and starring for the reserves of League 1 side Wolves while playing for pittens.

EDIT: Could someone upload the faces, logos and kits they have for the Premier League? All I can find on Sortioutsi is some mammoth megapack that as every player ever on it. I'm just interested in the EPL for now.

Edited by The Cool One