Football Manager 2011

Dan

Final score?

1-3. First goal conceded after 20 seconds, but they kind of stopped trying in the second half.

The right-back is Nathanial Clyne and he just won the Premier League Young Player of the Month for March. I'll bench him for a couple of games, I guess.

I saw a keeper get a 1.7 in a 13-0 loss once. I think it was Dynamo Kiev vs FC Andorran Milkmen or something like that.

I'm having a lovely time in the league at the minute. Having already gotten into Europe through winning the League Cup(against Man Utd... reserves), I'm up to 6th, only 4 points off of 4th.

If anything I wish I wasn't doing so well, because my expectations next season will be rediculous.

I just won three games in a row with 90th minute goals.

God damn it, one game left of the season - we're second and staying there no matter what happens. Ipswich have been top all season pretty much and are deserved champions, though.

edit; i keep forgetting we're in europe next season. whoops.

Holy fuck. I hadn't checked Serie A / La Liga for pretty much most of the season...

Ascari are leading Genoa and Reggina, with Lazio & Torino just behind them. Inter, meanwhile, are 5th in Serie B. Rayo, meanwhile, are leading Celta and Tenerife in La Liga. Oh, and Standard Liege are pretty much in the Semi Finals of the Champions League. Also, one of the best running stories of my game came to an end: namely, 1. FC Köln being the unluckiest team in the UEFA Cup. Three years in a row they'd been runners up, only to be knocked out by Crewe this year (who themselves are practically in the final :mellow:)

Khouma Babacar is unreal.

19 years old and he just single handedly destroyed me in the Europa League Semi Finals, then he scored a hat trick in the final for Benfica.

So myself and my Baggies may be up.. but Villa got relegated. I've not seen it happen yet in FM. I've always thought it'd be good to see it happen, so I could take over and build a team there. Alas, I want to push on with my boys.

Corluka, Collins and Sessegnon are my first three Premiership signings. Defence looks mean already.

Started to try and build a team to avoid relegation after losing all the players I had on loan last year and deciding to sell some deadweight to get some more money.

Basically here are the signings I have made:

Jonathan Woodgate- Free

Chris Smalling- Loan (1.1mil)

Soto Kyrgiakos- (1.1mil)

Hamit Altintop- Free

Juan Pablo Carrizo- Free

Cristhian Stuani- Free

Currently trying to get Mark Van Bommel, Thiago, Cesar Delgardo and Ewerthon on free transfers as well to help have a stronger squad while looking to hopefully be able to bring in Carlos Vela in on loan.

My first game with Catania, the 6-0 win turned out to be the clubs record win. That's not a bad way to start off.

Weirdly enough as well, when I arrived I was somehow part of a co-manager situation. I sacked him through to bring in my assistant from Viking, Nigel Gibbs.

EDIT: :lol: Viking have replaced me with Stig Bjornabye! Last seen in my game leading Tromso to failure! :shifty:

Wow. So I've finished the season in 7th, won the League Cup and shortly after the season ends, Man City manager Michael Laudrup gets the sack and I get offered the job.

I'm going to reject it, of course, but it's nice to be offered it.

• Like 1

I just got so badly raped by Arsenal, my right-back was awarded a match rating of 3.2. Ouch...

Conversely, I saw Robbie Threfall get a solid 10 for Bradford in my game. Hasn't done shit since, mind you.

Starting the League with East Fife after being knocked out of two cup competitions, every team's manager has chirped me before the game saying they feel bad I had to work with such a poor group of players. Thus far we have 10 out of a possible 12 points. Suck it assholes.

So after last night's debacle of a network game attempt

You lot just need Hamachi and someone with a fast computer/internet, easy.

We had both. Or at least my internet is always lightning for me. I can't remember what speed both are but I'm pretty sure they're high-end and we only had a few leagues with a small database. Ah well.

In the off season I've brought in Michael Turner from Sunderland, Ciaran Clark from Aston Villa, Jack Cork from Chelsea, David N'Gog from Liverpool and Mehdi Carcela from PSV. Oliver Kapo, Steven Caldwell, Salomon Olembe, Roman Bednar, Sylvain Marveaux and Sandro have all left. I tried to get Sandro permanently but he chose Mallorca over Forest, so I'm left with about 6 million and in need of a defensive midfielder.

So after last night's debacle of a network game attempt

You lot just need Hamachi and someone with a fast computer/internet, easy.

We had both. Or at least my internet is always lightning for me. I can't remember what speed both are but I'm pretty sure they're high-end and we only had a few leagues with a small database. Ah well.

Requires alot of patience and time haha, Preseason always takes the piss to get through its so long and boring on an online game.

So with Cardiff not having the best of pre-seasons as I keep rotating between the 3 tactics on my match preparation and well I keep drawing all my games :( Hopefully I can keep Cardiff up but I don't think I will haha, oh well only got a one year contract so if they get relegated I won't be there anyway :P