Football Manager 2011

Dan

So I've got Benzema on a season long loan with an otion of buying him for £8.5mil at Man City. He's been good when he's played which isn't often. Is that good value for a him considering probably be sitting on the bench more often than not?

So I finished the league in 6th after the massive injury crisis but I managed to make the Champions League final (vs Arsenal after beating Real and Barca) and the FA Cup final (vs City), this is after winning the League Cup. However I didn't get to play either final cos the fuckers sacked me. :(

Results like this are why I love this game.

mancityvsmanutd.jpg

2-0 to Man Utd after 7 minutes, things never end well but I fucking bossed them for the rest of the game. Never manage to beat them ususally and now I basically handed the title to Chelsea and temporarily move to 2nd before United's game in hand. I love it!

After getting fed up with Benfica, I decided to give the Pentagon challenge a go (win every Major Continental Club Competition)

Started at F.C.A.K., in South Africa. After 5 season, managed to win the African Champions League so I quit. Newell's Old Boys (from Argentina) came calling, they were in 18th in the Apertura. Managed to win the final game, to put them on 17th.

After a couple of signings, and after wondering what the fuck their previous manager was doing, I am 1st, atfer 8 game, with 6 wins and 2 draws. I am loving this team, they take care of business and play like I want them (attacking a lot, 1st in Goals Scored). Need to improve in the goal though, my 3 keepers are decent\bad

Finished 2nd with Man City 5 points behind Chelsea after going unbeaten since the lsat time I posted the table. Won the Europa League too smaching Getafe 5-1 in the final, very fitting I win my first managerial trophy on home soil, can't write that sort of stuff! Tevez was an absolute beast though, without him, no way I was making the Champions League. He broke the record for Premier League goals and Erupa League goals in a single season. Overall he got 65 goals in 53 games which is ridiculous.

Looking for a massive signing in the summer, a Ronaldo or Messi if possible.

£2.6m over my head bid accepted for Lallana? Even if it is double his value it's still very little, I don't mind the whole "over your head" aspect to it. I certainly don't throw hissy fits like some manage to do and quit the game, but I'd have thought £3.5m minimum for Lallana. £3m for Oxlade-Chamberlain the season before off Chelsea, now £2.6m for Lallana. Needed a major overhaul this season with the team, wanted to retain the spine of the team but looks like I may need to patch that part up a bit too.

EDIT: And now £3.2m for Schneiderlin too. Grumble. Off to find more midfielders to sign!

Edited by IAceI

£2.6m over my head bid accepted for Lallana? Even if it is double his value it's still very little, I don't mind the whole "over your head" aspect to it. I certainly don't throw hissy fits like some manage to do and quit the game, but I'd have thought £3.5m minimum for Lallana. £3m for Oxlade-Chamberlain the season before off Chelsea, now £2.6m for Lallana. Needed a major overhaul this season with the team, wanted to retain the spine of the team but looks like I may need to patch that part up a bit too.

EDIT: And now £3.2m for Schneiderlin too. Grumble. Off to find more midfielders to sign!

Couldn't you reject the Schneiderlin deal either? I know it's decent money but I wonder if you can find someone as good as him for that amount.

Finally reaching the end of the first season with Fiorentina. I was first in the league for a long time, until I hit a slump and drew 3 games in a row and lost to Cesena. I guess it was bound to happen with important injuries and mediocre subs on the bench. Four games to go, already guaranteed a Europa League spot but I could still potentially catch Inter and become champion, would be amazing. Have to face them now, so I have to win.

Nah, I had to let Schneiderlin go too, no say in that one. Really my only good players left are probably Yannick Sagbo, Guly do Prado (when not injured), Stephen Dobbie and Jose Fonte. I need to add some midfielders, I've already brought in Oliver Norwood from Man Utd for £1m and am waiting to see if Jack Colback has his Sunderland contract renewed, if not I'll see if I can fight teams off for him as well.

Brought in an extra striker for more bodies and I'm also looking at centre backs as I opted to offload Gouhouri, he was good but his match highest earner clause ruined me when Sagbo came in and he shot up to £12.5k a week. I have Fonte and Whitbread to hold down the centre of defence till then unless I can bring someone else in. Looking for other foreign bargains too and just any players that get offered to me often get a bit of a scout because you sometimes get a real gem. May have to quickly offer some midfielders new contracts who were due to be let go due to all the players leaving me at the minute. So fingers crossed. I have an itch to go manage in Spain anyways soon so if this is a disaster I may opt for a change of scenery.

The home and away strategy is working wonders for my Bradford team and we're beginning to climb the table as we head into the new year. Got into the third round of the FA Cup after beating League 1 Bournemouth 3-2 at our place and were drawn against AFC Wimbledon at The Fans Ground. Hopefully get through that one and then get a nice tasty Premier League team in the 4th round.

Started a game with Real Madrid, only because I haven't actually played with a big team with a big budget that isn't Man City for some time.

After spending my entire measly £8m budget on defenders I jokingly asked my board if they could get me Rossi, just to see if I squeeze some more out of them.

They accepted, and he's now formed a lethal strike partnership with Higuain. Come January I smashed the team in 3rd place 8-0 and the team in 4th place 6-1. I've turned La Liga into the SPL D:

Started a game with Newcastle and spent my Andy Carroll budget on Donovan, Cahill and Benzema on loan. I'm doing ridiculously well with my strike partnership producing the goods majorly.

Surely this breaks at least 5 Premier League records considering it's half time!

70024734.png

EDIT: Finished 11-0, Benzema got a 6th, Donovan a 2nd and Ben Arfa completed it.

Edited by The Cool One

So a season where I planned on just steadying the sinking ship that was Manchester United post administration ended up with me doing the treble!(League Cup,Europa League,Premiership)

I wasn't really even paying attention to the league we lost to Liverpool,Arsenal,Chelsea,City early on in the season and I had given up hope when Rooney finally decided to step up and start scoring,

We went on a fantastic 14 match winning streak, Bale came back from a broken ankle and although it was hard to drop Ravel Morrison Bale kicked things off with a hat trick against Spurs and retained his starting spot.

We stormed to the top of the league and were tied on points with Liverpool and one point ahead of Man City, Liverpool had a better goal difference but slipped up against Arsenal it was time to capitalize as we had an easy run of games(Burnley,Blackburn,West Brom).

I made the mistake of thinking the job was done and we blew it against Burnley drawing 1-1 before going down 1-0 to Blackburn, so the final day of the season saw Liverpool going away to Bristol,City playing Wolves at home and us in the late kick off against West Brom.

Relegated Brisotl shocked everyone with a 3-0 win over Liverpool(Marvin Elliot!) and City beat Wolves 2-0, so if I blew it against West Brom Man City would win the league, 18 goal strikre Benat Gomez went down injured in the first half before Jose Enrique got sent off...I had pretty much given up as Hernandez who was on a 2 month long goal drought came on but he ended up scoring a hat trick and captain 34 year old Nemanja Vidic hit a trademark diving header to win us the league! :w00t: :w00t:

Carling Cup and Europa were a bit more straight forward, went all out to try to win the league cup and easily dispatched off West Ham in the final whilst it was a mixture of fringe players and first teamers that did the job in the Europa League, beat Marseille in the final after a late Rooney goal.

Got all the packs except the kits, which I don't give a shit about, and the cut out faces, which I do. Does anyone know where I can download the latest pack via torrent or in full, without having to download about seven different files from Megaupload and hope that shitty site doesn't cut me off mid-download?

It's tough to find a cutout Premier League pack around the web. I've been building mine periodically mixing last years ones I had with new ones to build a decent pack. I can upload it if you like when it's complete.