Football Manager 2011

Dan

I tried a free agent database once, it sucks. Why? Because it doesn't equal out at all. Loads of players just stay free agents while all clubs go for certain players. I had 25 of the best players in the world at Real Madrid, while clubs like Man City maybe managed to get 5 players, the rest was gray players. No thank you.

I tried a free agent database once, it sucks. Why? Because it doesn't equal out at all. Loads of players just stay free agents while all clubs go for certain players. I had 25 of the best players in the world at Real Madrid, while clubs like Man City maybe managed to get 5 players, the rest was gray players. No thank you.

Absolutely not disputing that fact. I do wish the AI managers would be more aggressive in filling out their teams instead of leaving players to rot. Dunno if the homegrown rules in the English leagues would have anything to do with that though.

EDIT: Looking at some of the rosters, Man City has 19 players, including Joe Hart, Alvaro Arbeloa, Arturo Vidal, Michael Essien, Kun Aguero, Luka Modric, and Edin Dzeko. Arsenal has signed the likes of Steve Mandanda, Clint Dempsey, and Vincent Enyeama. Several of the bigger names on each team though are ineligible due to the squad rules, so that's a bit of a bummer.

Edited by Magus978

Whenever I install Football Manager on my computer the editor never installs. I went back to 08 before getting 11 and it didn't work so I assumed it was because it wasn't compatible with windows 7 or something but nope. Installed 2011 and no editor fucking annoying.

Anyone know what's up?

That's two or three people I've seen signing Ahmed Khalil, who I tried to sign, then decided not to and let go to Hoffenheim. This is in 2018 though. :shifty:

He's awesome. I'm only in my 2nd season in my game and he's already leading the line for my Newcastle side. Scored 5 on his debut in a league cup game against Preston. He scores a lot of spectacular goals too with a great longshot rating. Plus he's from the UAE which is weird and random. In other games when I signed him off the bat with an English club he struggled to get a work permit unfortunately. In this case he went to Benfica first and I signed him begining the 2nd season, had to pay 4.5mil though when they got him for 825k.

Speaking of long shots I half heartedly started a Man Utd game out of boredom the other day and Didier Drogba scored a goal for 60+ yards after they cleared a corner of mine in the Community Shield. I had enough back and Van Der Sar was positioned fine. It was the greatest strike ever. Powerful and accurate right over Van Der Sar's head. My jaw dropped when I saw the replay. I wish I knew how to upload it.

Welp, now I need to find a new right back. Tomas Kalas got sent off against Peterborough with a dangerous tackle. I expressed my anger at him in the team talks, fined him one week's wages. He moaned about that, told him how unprofessional he was for moaning about the deserved fine. Nobody wants to take him on a loan, so now I'm thinking about buying out his contract. At this point I feel there's no further point in even wasting time on a player who refuses to accept responsibility for his actions.

Frustrating having only just got my laptop back so gotta start a new FM again.

I dunno whether to go Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs or Man.City for one of my games. I wanna create a sort of dynasty type thing but I want to be a good team that I can help turn them into real title challengers and champions, the other i'll just do go a Journeyman game.

Current game being played, top of the table clash, 24 minutes gone... Liverpool 4 Tottenham 0 o_O

Edit 1: 30 mins, Liverpool 5 Tottenham 0 :wacko:

Edit 2: Suarez blazes over from 30 yards... shit cunt :angry:

Edited by Mj3