Football Manager 2011

Dan

31 games into the season gone. Swansea are relegated. They have 4 points.

Your next job?

What you tryin' to say?

You like a challenge...

Went Liverpool in the end for obvious reasons.

Signed Capdevila for 2.4mil, Eden Hazard for £16.75mil over 48 months and Miralem Pjanic for £13.25mil over 48 months.

Also organised my backroom staff for training got a great backroom set up now with 5/5 for both Goalkeeping and Ball control, 4.5/5 for Strength, Aerobic, Tactics, Defending and Shooting and 4/5 for Attacking.

So atm in Pre-season i'm using this formation:

GK= Reina

DL= Capdevila

DR= Johnson

DC= Carragher

DC= Agger

MCL= Gerrard

MCR= Meireles

MC= Lucas

AMR= Luis Suarez

AML= Eden Hazard

ST= Andy Carroll

Edited by davidmarrio

I always play a game with different things in mind when starting a save such as

A) Start off with someone I like, try and win loads of stuff or make them amazing, bugger off to a foreign league like Serie A or La Liga and try to do the same

B) Journeyman game.

C) Start off from the top and work my way down the leagues just jumping from job to job.

D) Start off from the bottom and work that team up to the top.

With this Liverpool game i've got option A in mind just want to build a legacy really, My problem with FM is when I'm into it, I'm really into it but its finding the motivation to do games like Journeyman stuff which is why I've went Liverpool to start off with to get back into FM then just create a new game and have two running at the same time swapping between them.

Great season at Wigan. Finished 9th (highest ever finish for the club) and won the Carling Cup. This season the board expects a midtable finish - so we have some pressure to recreate our fantastic season.

Ins and outs off the season are as follows..

Boyce and Amaya left on free's. Hendry went to Espanyol for 2.5m. Vaughan went for 2.3m. Hines and Chambers also left the club. We only made 6m. Last year I rose 36m in sales, so the difference is huge.

Players joining my Wigan side are.. Michele Fornasier a young centreback from Manchester United. Oscar Wendt from Juve for 4.4m. Sandro and Kyle Walker from Spurs for a combined 5.8m and Chris Brunt for 5.75m. Also thinking of picking Jo up on a free, just to add something different to Hugo and Boselli.

I know it's a topic about FM 2011, but is there anyone who's still playing FM 2010? I am, and sadly can't do anything right :/ Any super cheap talented players that I might use [preferably free]? I'm playing as Lechia Gdańsk in Polish Ekstraklasa.

Table at the half way point, 2nd season with Newcastle

newcastlel.jpg

It'll be interesting to see just how bad I fuck this up. My first season I was 3rd and 4 points worse off than this. I managed to go on a 5 consecutive game losing streak before regaining form and scraping 7th, 10 points off 6th. My main problem is the team's inability to beat the teams around me simply because their players are much better than mine. If Macheda and Khallil keep scoring and Hargreaves can stay fit I might just have a shot at the title. I'd take Champions League though!

Got a nice run of fiztures over Christmas before facing the run of doom facing Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City consecutively in the league. Got a 3rd Round FA Cup match and Carling Cup semi final both, oddly enough, against Sheffield Wednesday to look forward to as well.

In January, got £900k transfer budget but can raise that to £7mil by editing my budget due to my obsessive management of the wage budget. I can offer up to £105,000 but refuse to offer anybody over £60,000. Currently only have 5 players on over £50,000 with Hargreaves being the highest earer on £59,000. This is all after getting pissed off at Adebayor for wanting a pay rise to £205,000 and £20,000 apperance bonus to sign for me. I told him where to fuck off failry sharpish and signed Khalil for the same price on 1£15,750 a week. I've been a stingy cunt ever since and flogged anybody who exceeded my cap.

I'd be happy enough if I can manage to keep Tiote, Cahill and Mongongu, get rid of Nolan and wrap up a permanent deal for Macheda before his value goes up any further.

Edited by The Cool One

Finally decided to get back into a bit of FM after several months (I haven't played since November going by my last save >_<)

Started up as Red Star Belgrade in the Serbian SuperLeague and just completed an undefeated preseason.

I'm trialling out my first ever tactic that I made from scratch and works so far, but will be fully tested throughout the season.

I'm not one to go off signing players left and right so I'll see how far I can get with my initial squad to start with.

Rob Earnshaw is the fucking man on this game. Well at least in the first season. He managed to net nearly 50 goals in my Championship season and I won the league thanks to his 35 league goals. Him and Dexter Blackstock are a deadly duo, and helped me win:

4-3 Liverpool - Carling Cup (Blackstock 2)

6-0 Arsenal - Carling Cup (Earnshaw 4)

5-4 Newcastle Carling Cup Semi Final (Agg) (Earnshaw 2)

4-1 Arsenal - FA Cup (Earnshaw 4)

He also scored in a 2-1 loss to Chelsea in the next round of the FA Cup, and 2 in the 5-4 Carling Cup Final loss to Sunderland.

But yeah, he's not doing too amazing in the second season only scored 6 in 14 games, when theres people like Torres who have 18 in 14 games. Bastard.

Edited by Fudge

When I have a "modest" budget, I always pay it in 48 month installments, don't know why other people don't.

Because your future budget doesn't take into account that you are making £1m+ per month installment payments from that spending spree three years ago, so you find yourself losing money hand over fist when when you blow it all again in the present day,

A good model of this thinking was Portsmouth, I hear they are doing great.

Serious dilemma time. Lyon just bid 5mil for Hargreaves, he's worth £3.6mil and I got him for nothing at the start of the season. He's been playing well but it's Hargreaves he could go down at any second. I've also had a bid accepted for Nigel De Jong for £4.2mil who's worth £5.75mil, a ready made replacement.

Is that worth making the change?