Football Manager 2011

Dan

Fuck sake. I have an FA Cup final coming up, but I've just been offered the Chelsea job again. I asked to delay it til the end of the season. I didn't think I'd beat City to get into the final. I have 3 days til the final, and I can't delay the Chelsea job. Arghhh. Fuck.

Turned my West Ham season around shooting up to 9th place with two games left. Had a productive transfer window and I'm hoping I can talk Demba Ba into happiness again once the season finishes. Was able to secure Napmalys Mendy for 2.1 million, an option I had in his loan. He's 18 and has started pretty much every game for me, and he'll only get better. Managed to sign Victor Obinna permanantly. He's had a great season for me and I got him on a free. His wage demands were high, but he's proved a vital part of my squad this season. Did a swap with Everton - Leon Osman for Carlton Cole. I was looking to offload Cole and I was desperate for a back up central midfield player - as Gary O'Niel wasn't cutting it. And my deal for a young De Jong fell through.

My team looks like this

GK: Robert Green

DR: Julian Faubrent/Winston Reid

CB: Matthew Upson

CB: James Tomkins

LB: Wayne Bridge/Manuel De Costa

DM: Thomas Hitzlesperger (just returned from injury)

DM: Nampalys Mendy

CM: Scott Parker

AML: Victor Obbina

AMR: Pablo Berrera

ST: Demba Ba

Robbie Keane and Connor Wickham are used as subs for Ba. Leon Osman provides cover for Parker and starts games if I play two CM's instead of 2 DM's.

Hopefully can round off the saason in the top ten.

You're telling me. That Chelsea job was perfect for me. At least I managed to win the FA Cup (2 - 1 over Newcastle. 90th minute goal won it, talk about drama). So my fifth season at Wigan has come to an end. Finished 17th, 9th, 9th, 8th and now 12th. Won the Carling Cup and FA Cup. Successful 5 years when you consider it's Wigan, I guess. Completely rebuilt the team. Now I'm at the dilemma of what now? Do I stay or do I go?

Honestly, I think I feel like I've taken them as far as I can now. Whelan spent all his cash on upgrading the stadium and facilities and our finances are 3 million in the red. That's after a 12th place finish and an FA Cup win.

Go! Get out! You've taken a Rugby towns' football side as far as you can. Surprised you turned down Arsenal AND Chelsea for them already.

And fuck Arsenal. Got to within a point of Man Utd, and began having dreams of a proper shoot-out for that 20th league title. Then Arsenal batter us 3-0, at home at that. Though, we were frankly awful and could have lost by 6.

I've gotten back to within a point of United again, but I only have one game left, away to Chelsea, AND United have a game in hand.

Next up is the cup final. We've done the double over Spurs in the league this season, so I'm expecting the inevitable Spurs win >_>

Fuck it, you're right. They can go on without me. They've now won two cups, been in Europe, are in Europe again and have a talented side that I imagine the next manager will slowly let fall apart.

I've resigned. Graeme Jones, my old assistant, takes over as manager. Well deserved and I wish him the best.

Gotta wait for some jobs to open up now. I want to take on the job at a big club, especially when you consider the size of the jobs I turned down. Proud of my time at Wigan, signed some cracking players, won two cups, took 'em to europe and gave the club their best ever league finish.

Simmed forward to the end of the first Premier League season in the hope of finding a relegated side I can manage. Out of Wolves, Blackpool and West Brom, I decided upon the Baggies. We have a lot of very good players who I expect to have to sell and could probably make quite a bit of money out of. Birmingham have already made an offer worth £10mil for Dorrans (2.3 upfront, the rest over 24 months). It's going to be a long summer.

When starting a new game, what reputation do you give yourself? I've been giving myself the International Footballer reputation and it helps in signing some players.

I just go automatic... Upon checking, I have a continental reputation. I can live with that. Especially at Bolton.

Started the season with a 1-0 (A) win over West Ham followed by a 1-0 (H) loss to Everton.

Also qualified for rd 3 of the League Cup after a 2-0 win over Huddersfield and will next face Burnley.

Wolverhampton is next up. but work is first.

Started an Ajax game. I've always been fascinated by the way they sell a bunch of awesome players and then another bunch crop up so I'm gonna try to replicate that. Kind of a feeder club for the bigger European clubs, if you will. Gonna try to keep the team young and have the core of the squad come from the academy.

Already Suarez is unhappy because I stripped him of the captaincy. Probably a rash move to be fair, but two coaches thought I should so I did. Now he wants to leave and won't even speak to me. If he makes a transfer request I'll probably accept but otherwise he's staying put. Nicolas Lodeiro doesn't think I've treated Suarez and now he's unhappy too. I said I'd try to work on the way I handle things which settled him for now. Sevilla made an enquiry about Van der Wiel and I said 17m which they promptly rejected and now he's unhappy. I told him he was showing me and the club disrespect and he seems to be okay with it for now. But yeah, I'll happily sell anyone provided I get a decent sum for them.

I think the advantage you have of being Ajax is you could easily sell quite a few players and make loads of money from them ie: Suarez, Van Der Wiel, Vertonghen etc etc and then easily buy cheap youngsters with that money. If you were in another league I think you would be screwed but its the dutch league so with suitable cheap replacements you could get away with it.

After my 3rd place finish I have vastly improved the squad thanks to a 50million budget and selling a bunch of dead weight.

Transfers in:

Davide Santon, Thiago, Terence Makengo and Zacharie Boucher on Bosmans

Thorgan Hazard for 2.5mil

Connor Wickham for 3.3mil

Etienne Capoue for 5.25mil

Ivan Garcia for 5.5mil (Regen from Barca)

Andreas Beck for 12.5mil

Ryan Shawcross for 13.25mil

Alexis Sanchez for 15mil

Transfers out:

Jay Spearing for 1.4mil

Nabil El Zhar for 1.5mil

Daniel Ayala for 1.8mil

Peter Gulasci for 2.5mil

Christian Poulsen for 4.5mil

David N'Gog for 5mil

Emiliano Insua for 5mil

Martin Skrtel for 10mil

Loaned Out:

Maxi Rodriguez for 400k

Milan Jovanovic for 200k

Alberto Aquilani for 500k

Total Money Spent= 58mil

Total Money Recieved= 33mil

I was tempted to try and sell Carroll but atm it looks like he'll stay (for now...)

Best Line Up:

GK= Reina

DR= Johnson

DL= Beck

DC= Shawcross

DC= Agger

MCR= Pjanic

MCL= Hazard

MC= Gerrard

AMR= Sanchez

AML= Suarez

ST= Carroll

ATM though just finished August (Beat Bristol City 3-0, Ipswich 5-0 and Spurs 1-0) Got Monaco, Roma and Beskitas in my Champions League group and I have Dagenham and Redbridge in the Carling Cup 3rd round, with the squad depth I have now and people such as Wilson and Kelly have vastly improved over the last season I really do think I should be winning the title this season.

I bought Thorgan Hazard for my Forest team. He's my second choice Left Winger behind (on loan) Kranjcar, but he constantly performs better than him when I bring him on. He should be great in that team.

Edited by Ben E.