Football Manager 2011

Dan

And now Kalou, my other player at the African Cup of Nations, has suffered a broken foot in the Ivory Coast's match against Mali that will rule him out until the end of the season.

Fuuuuuuuuuuucccccck yoooooooooouuuuuuu

Hey, I had Daniel Agger get spinal damage on International duty damnit!

Liverpool ins and outs ahead of 2011/12. Only two major fees paid for inbound players really, it's just that one took up the majority of the budget.

2wexjsw.png

Edited by Yoshihiro timmayyama

If I'm playing with 3 strikers up front, is there a setting somewhere which will let them swap around with each other according to their own whim? As opposed to have to do it manually throughout the match or setting the entire team to 'fluid' or whatever.

Finished 7th after my form picked up dramatically after January. I was 10 points off 6th but 7 clear of 8th, so I pretty much knew where I was going to finish for a while. Gamiero ended the season as league top scorer with 27.

I didn't retain either of my loan signings (Kranjcar because he wasn't interested, Jo because he was horrible for me). I replaced the two with Steven Fletcher from Wolves for 6 Million and Royston Drenthe on a free from Real Madrid. I brought in Leighton Baines for 6.5 Million and Michael Turner for 5.8, so I'm now really happy with my defence.

I've only gotten rid of two players, Findley to Chievo for 1.9 Million and Joel Lynch was released, so the squad isn't really in bad shape. I've had to fend off a lot of offers for Biglia, Gunter, McEachran and Van Aanholt, but none of them were upset with me doing so. I have to admit I was surprised that Biglia wasn't bothered that the opportunity to play for Juventus had passed him by.

I've got deals on the table for Sloan Privat from Sochaux and Levan Kenia from Schalke. If I sign them that'll be the end of my summer dealings.

Just played the away leg of our first knockout stage Europa League against Leverkusen. We went 2-0 down after 20 but went 3-2 up before half time and won it 3-2. Happy days. Vossen was suspended so Simeon Jackson came in and scored 2. The guy's great in cup competitions. Park Chu Young scored our third and has 16 for the season. Vossen has 17 meaning a pleasingly successful strike force this year.

If I'm playing with 3 strikers up front, is there a setting somewhere which will let them swap around with each other according to their own whim? As opposed to have to do it manually throughout the match or setting the entire team to 'fluid' or whatever.

Yes, there's a 'swap position with' tab on the advanced player tactics screen.

Doesn't that just switch their actual roles once, not give them more creative freedom?

They'll switch roles throughout the game as they see fit. It's good if you have two similar strikers or wingers that can play both sides.

Nani is unstoppable when he's switching flanks with someone, it might limit the other winger's performance a bit(if he's one footed that is) but Nani's gotten assists and goals for me in double figures consistently until he hit 30 and started to lose his pace.

Sounds like a plan 9 to 5, I've heard a bit on here about Dynamo St Petersburg, so I might give them a fair crack as well.

I'd try Dynamo Dresden over St Petersburg, because Dresden are in Germany and thus have the potential to actually become a big club faster due to TV revenues etc. Also, Dresden have an epic history:

# DDR-Oberliga (East-Germany): 8

* Champions 1953, 1971, 1973, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1989, 1990

I still want to try them one day.

Also, about the swapping of positions, I don't really like it. I tried it several times with Gervinho and Ashley Young but it didn't really work out, I found them to be more effective just on their natural positions.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Can't you set striker a to swap with b, and b to swap with c and c to swap with a?

Sadly not, since it overwrites them. So if set Welbeck to swap with Findley, and then went to Findley's settings he'd already have Welbeck listed. If I changed that to the third guy then Welbeck's would be blank again.

Eight league games left of the 2014/15 season...fucking hell it's close.

1. Manchester City - 69pts (GD +38)

2. Chelsea - 68pts (GD +42)

3. Nottingham Forest - 68pts (GD +40)

4. Arsenal - 62 points (GD +28)

And here are the respective run-ins...

Manchester City

1. Away v Peterborough

2. Home v Nottingham Forest

3. Home v Everton

4. Away v Chelsea

5. Home v Tottenham

6. Away v Burnley

7. Home v Aston Villa

8. Away v Sunderland

Chelsea

1. Home v Birmingham

2. Away v Newcastle

3. Away v Blackburn

4. Home v Manchester City

5. Away v Everton

6. Home v Peterborough

7. Away v Nottingham Forest

8. Home v West Ham

Nottingham Forest

1. Home v Newcastle

2. Away v Manchester City

3. Away v Birmingham

4. Home v Everton

5. Away v Peterborough

6. Away v West Ham

7. Home v Chelsea

8. Away v Tottenham

Arsenal

1. Away v Burnley

2. Home v Aston Villa

3. Home v Tottenham

4. Away v Sunderland

5. Home v Manchester United

6. Away v Liverpool

7. Home v Wolves

8. Away v Ipswich

I dread the Manchester City v Nottingham Forest match. It's sandwiched between the two legs of my Champions League Quarter Final tie against Feyenoord. But then, it's also between the two legs of City's Europa League tie against Real Madrid. Will be interesting to see how much effort they put into that.