Football Manager 2011

Dan

Couldn't resist the temptation and started a game with Man Utd and it's been going great. I have a policy for myself, I will;

- Always favor a British/Irish young talent over foreign talent if they are somewhat even

- I will mostly focus on buying UK players

- Will only buy foreign players if they REALLY add something to the team, like Hamsik

After 2 games I decided to try Rooney out as an AMC, despite him only being "competent" there, with Hernandez as the lone striker. Hernandez has scored 14 goals in 8 games now :w00t: I want to replace VDS with a British goalie but who's really good enough to do that besides Joe Hart? <_< I've bought Smithies, but he's too young and probably not even on par with VDS later on anyway.

So I'm top of the Championship, although on GD since I somehow managed to only draw to Peterborough >_<

Went 1-0 up against Man City in ET of the League Cup, but they won 2-1 in the end. I'm not too fussed about that though, I made to where the board wanted me to be, the third round. I'm seriously happy with my team, they have pretty much no weaknesses and I can see them keeping a solid mid-table place in the Prem next year as Kyle Walker, Patrick van Aanholt and Adam Matthews come into their own especially.

Edit: Stokerino, that's just ridiculously brilliant

Yay Fergie and Redknapp have retired. I'm so happy right now :D

Hopefully United crash and burn now that Ancelotti is in charge :pervert:

So far in the summer I have sold Carroll to Arsenal for 12.75mil and Lucas to Atletico Madrid for 10mil, Aqua for 10mil to Newcastle, Guarch for 5mil, Jovanovic for 1.3mil, Brad Jones for 1.4mil and Maxi for 3.5mil so thats about 42.5mil recieved.

Spent 49.5mil on Aguero (39mil) and Veloso (10.5mil)

I left Nigeria to get the Ireland job and then right after the Euros I got the England job cause Capello retired so it was a short stay in Ireland to say the least :P

Haha, just became the Brazil manager. A rather bizarre responsibility to share with that of Nottingham Forest, but we'll have to see if it manages to get as ridiculous as it did in an old Chelsea/England game of mine many years back...when I had to manage Chelsea at Wembley and then had precisely 45 minutes to reach Lisbon for an England game. Thankfully I flew there via magic, so all was fine.

Anyway, seems the previous Brazil manager Cuca didn't have the greatest run. Took them over after World Cup 2014 (when they'd got knocked out in the quarter final by Argentina). Got to the Copa America final but lost...to Argentina. Then just two days ago they kicked off their new World Cup qualifying campaign by losing...to Argentina. I think the Brazilian FA may have a chip on its shoulder by this stage.

Amusingly I have precisely 2 days to get familiar with my squad before our next qualifying match against Ecuador. Fun times!

To entertain myself I randomly ventured to the League 1 Table and signed up the top scorer(playing for Peterboro) for Man United, gave him a few run-outs and he now has 4 goals in 6 games and has struck up a partnership with Hernandez that has seen Rooney shifted to the left wing :w00t:

Before going into work this morning I had an idea of startign a game with a team that really excited me because I'd never tried them before and now I have no idea who that team was. Flashes of alzheimers at 19 sucks. :(

So any suggestions for a an interesting game? Nothing I want in particular just an interesting challenge or a unique team.

I'm about to start my third season with AFC Wimbledon and am off the back of two straight promotions to start my season in League One (play-offs from Conference and automatic from League Two).

Unfortunately the club's finances are in the red and the only thing I can do to try and improve it is to arrange about fifteen friendlies at the start of the season in an effort to generate some funds. My transfer and wage budget is £18k and £36.5k for avoiding relegation and even setting it to get promoted only moves my wage budget by £1k. I have to try and sign some bargains and continue my nack of signing good players for free. Luckily I have Phil Younghusband who banged in the goals for my at both Conference and League Two level and have a number of talented young players (Jack Robinson, Adam Smith, Ignasi Miquel and John Flanagan) and would actually sell most of them if I get a good enough offer.

For an interesting challeng to reignite my interest in the game I've given Wycombe Wanderers the Man City treatment. That is edit them to have near unlimited spending power. I've also boosted their rep slightly and made a random regen a wonderkid to see how long I can keep a hold of him. Fun stuff so far.

The highlights include getting Anton Ferdiand to drop to League 2 on £72,000 per week wages and my wonderkid Dan Attwell scoring goals for fun. Only lost one game so far, that was in the League Cup to Newcastle.

After a season with Leicester, we finish 10th, outside of promotion request by the board, but well within my own expectations, especially since Jack Hobbs and Fernando Acre, my two key players and vice captain and captain respectively, both got injured for more than 5 months at one point. The board wound up extending my contract to 2015 because I had shown extreme dedication to building the future of the club (presumably since I'd bought several players under 21 who showed promise and asked them to both buy the stadium and improve the youth facilities) and they wanted to see me follow through with my plans, plus my man management throughout the year, despite a team worried we weren't achieving all we should, only ever resulted in one negative meeting with my players.

As a result, my second season all they want is a respectable league position. I'd not got much money to spend, but I tend to be a free transfer wheeler dealer anyway. I've signed a lot of top older talents, including David James who is working as a back up keeper to Julian Speroni and is also tutoring Callum Coventry (my youth keeper) and Sol Campbell, who has replaced Jack Hobbs. Speaking of Hobbs, I was disappointed to have to let him go when Fulham offered up his minimum release clause, but the £4m was a welcome addition to the kitty, which I'll be using in the mid-season transfer window since I pretty much got what I want on frees in summer. Signed some Danish midfielder who the fans seemed to love. Also signed a bunch of youths, including Josh Morris, a promising midfielder. Promoted Leon Crnic to the first team after a season on loan at Stockport - gave him a run out in the last two games of the previous season and he scored in both (he and Leigh Griffiths are fucking lethal up front). Had by far the best goals scored last season, but our defensive record was a shambles. I've not done much to fix that defence as due to contracts expiring on ageing players, I concentrated more on building a more flexible midfield. I've got a few promising players, but only one decent left back, and his back up tends to play Attacking Midfield, so it could be a trouble position. What kills this even more is that I waited out Tunchev on his re-signing, hoping I could motivate him to play better by telling him he needed to improve his training ability and holding his position in the team up for ransom - it backfired. PSG ended up offering him a contract which was WAY outside of anything I could ever hope to offer him.

So money can't buy you immediate success in the Premier League but it can in League 2! My filthy rich Wycombe side walked League 2 and wrapped up the title with 9 games to go. It'll be interesting to see if I have to buy another new side for League 1 or not. Holidaying now to the end of the season because the last 9 games mean zilch. I still love my wonderkid regen, he's lightning fast and finishes almost everything at that level. His stats are ridiculous over 2 goals a game by my last count.

I got sacked from Rushden about 10 games into the season for being 17th when my expectation was top half (should be pointed out that at this point I was 3 points behind 5th place because the league was so tight :shifty: ) Got offered the Lincoln job half way through the season and they were in 10th when I took over, we ended up winning the league on goal difference on the final day :D But now we're getting destroyed in League Two... I think I need to switch up my tactics because I've improved the squad and yet we're without a win and 5 games in :(

Well yeah, but cheating isn't an achievement.

Nor did I ever claim it was an achievement.

It's just something to have fun with after being sick of handling budgets of lower league teams. It's not harming anyone.

I like as a challenge, redressing the balance of local rivalries, making Port Vale bigger than Stoke, Bristol Rovers bigger than City, winning La Liga with Espanyol or Athletico Madrid.

So my Champions League run so far has been pretty amazing. First knockout round we took out Real Madrid, quarters Bayern fell to the mighty Lyon. First leg of the semi final, we're at Camp Nou. We win 2 - 3. Belfodil scored his second in the 92nd minute to win the game. We won the CL last season, I think this team can retain it. We're also running away the league which is brilliant as it's the only thing I didn't win last year with the club - and we're out of both domestic cups.