Football Manager 2011

Dan

I started an Ajax game before and couldn't get into it, but I'm up for trying again, especially since I just know I'm gonna blow this 10 point lead I had with Arsenal - I've already chipped it down to 6 points in 2 games :(

Fuck Ajax. :shifty:

I nearly did that with my Liverpool game, ended up being a point ahead of Arsenal on the last game of the season and we both won. :w00t:

I've lost to Chelsea (my main rivals) and Everton away after going like 18 games unbeaten and winning 14 or so on the trot. My next game is Man Utd away - it's only the FA Cup so it's not too bad but I know they're gonna destroy me. Though they're like 20 points behind me in the league so I do enjoy making the "Man Utd won't win anything this season - they just don't have the quality" comments at random intervals :shifty:

Started another Ajax game because I'm a pussy who doesn't want to play Man Utd away. The assistant suggested a 3-3-2-2 formation utilising a sweeper, and for shits and giggles I'm gonna use it. Should at least be good at controlling possession.

I prefer playing with the lower league teams. About to start season 4 with Stalybridge Celtic. I've had £0 to spend each year, so I always look for good young players popping up on the free agent list. This has gotten me two promotions in three seasons, and now I'm about to embark on Stalybridge Celtic's first year in the football league since 1923. :w00t:

The sweeper experiment failed miserably. We were being decisively outplayed by our reserves so I changed to the 4-2-3-1 that was absolutely dicking in my Arsenal game. I always seem to have trouble playing formations where there's no link between midfield and attack so having three attacking mids should serve me well, though it's putting a lot of pressure on inexperienced heads as they're 18, 21 and 20 years old.

Had to start with transfer budgets off just so my players wouldn't get angry at not being sold in the first month of the game,, but I can't wait to move some of them on and bring in more youth. I expect Stekelenburg, Van der Wiel, Vertonghen and Suarez will be the first to go.

My first eleven has an average age of 20.8 and my outfield players have an average age of 20.2... the majority are 24 or under and it's just Stekelenburg and de Zeeuw keeping that number up. Had a lot of contracts to renew which gave me a chance to look at the reserves and apparently pretty much every one of them will be at least a good Eredivisie player in the future - should bring some money in and maybe one day the board will decide it's not completely outrageous to have more than two coaches.

So I got bored of playing the English and Welsh leagues and wanted a challenge. I started unemployed, and have taken over the South African Blackburn team, currently bottom South African divison one coastal. After 16 games they have 1 point, have scored only 3 goals and have a goal difference of -53, this should be interesting.

Beating Barcalona with an extremely dodgy red card/penalty? I would have had it no other way. :D

CLfinal.jpg

Glad Charlie Adam scored a last minute penalty for you... I got relegated because of that twat... missed 2 penalties in a must win game against Spurs, drew 1-1.

The ref obviously had a bet on Blackpool staying up, the penalties were soft and they were in the 83rd and 92nd minutes.

So I got bored of playing the English and Welsh leagues and wanted a challenge. I started unemployed, and have taken over the South African Blackburn team, currently bottom South African divison one coastal. After 16 games they have 1 point, have scored only 3 goals and have a goal difference of -53, this should be interesting.

So they'd probably only beat the English Blackburn team by three.

http://www.mediafire...6xl5y1nevx1uncd

Divisions: Premiership, Championship, League 1, League 2, Blue Square Premier

Cups: FA Cup, Carling Cup, Community Shield

The playoffs should now be fully working in their leagues they should be in, the FA and Carling Cup provide Euro qualification and there is a Reserve and Youth teams now aswell with leagues and cups. There's no Johnstone's Paint Trophy or whatever it is these days, or any other random cups.

Basically everything should run like normal, or as close as I got it so far. Oh, the money may be a little farfetched.

Gonna get to work on doing the Championship and lower to get rid of their foreigners, then Spain and Italy, then expand it until I have a fair few then merge all the databases together so it'll be a world of home-grown talent playing for their clubs.

How do you install this, I can't get it to work.

Edit: Nevermind, got it. Cheers Fudge (Y)

Reassessed my squad, as I always do in the summer months now that we have the 25 Man Squad rules to be wary of.

Turns out I only have 20 senior (over 21) players anyway.

I can't decide whether this should concern me or not. :/