Football Manager 2011

Dan

Started a game as St. Helens in the 9th tier of English football using an expansion, for the one and only reason because they play at Knowsley Road which has a capacity of about 15000 I think.

My only goal is to get at least one stadium sellout in my career.

They don't even play at that stadium irl.

Whilst waiting for FM2012 I think I'm gonna try and take a team at the lowest level of their respective country, give them a ton of cash a la Crawley, and see how far I can take them.

Currently torn between doing it in England or in Spain and attempting to overthrow Barca/Real. Any suggestions?

Got through to the Europa League QTR finals by beating Panathonikos 4-0 in the second leg after they had held us 1-1 in Greece.

Steve Rowley, my 21 year old, 16 million signing from Blackburn scored his first goal for the club! Took him long enough after getting sent off on his debut and injured in his first start.

Struggling in the Championship so far. 8 games, 2 wins, 1 draw, 5 losses. Two wins on the bounce over Hull then Millwall have given me confidence.

O'Grady is proving his quality. Loaned in Delap, 35 but doing very well in the middle of the park. Danny Collins in on loan helped sure up my defence and has added a strong presence at the back (despite getting sent off as we beat Milwall 3 - 0). Buzsaky is our creative influence, Southern my midfiend general and Captain. Somehow got Luke Young for free, great signing. Hulse, Dobbie and Jordi Gomez also joined us. The team hasn't gelled fully, and trying to work out a mix of 'strongest side' and 'tactic I like' is proving difficult early on.

God, the month of March was tough. Our only wins were in the Europa League, drew 2-2 with Liverpool and then gave up a 1-0 lead to lose 2-1 to Villa. On the plus side, they were our only league games really for the whole month. I think.

Either way, we dropped from 2nd to 5th, tied with Chelsea and Bermingham with 55 points. Man City and Liverpool two and three points above. Liverpool is the next game after an international break. Which is going to be important in the hunt for the Champions League.

So with the announcement of the new game, I figured I'd shoot out some ideas for rules for anyone looking to start their game with something a little different. Anyone got any improvements or ideas of their own?

HERO GAMES

HOMETOWN HERO

>> Always manage your favourite club.

>> If fired, add new manager and retire the old one.

NATIONAL HERO

>> Always manage your national club.

>> If fired, add new manager and retire the old one.

JOURNEYMAN GAMES

INTERNATIONAL JOURNEYMAN

>> Start jobless with lowest career experience.

>> Spend no more than three years at one club.

>> Can not return to the same nation after leaving.

>> If end of league position does not improve on previous (regardless of if you were in charge), you must quit.

BRITISH JOURNEYMAN

>> Start jobless with lowest career experience.

>> Only activate England, Ireland, N.Ireland, Scotland, Wales

>> Spend no more than three years at one club.

>> If end of league position does not improve on previous (regardless of if you were in charge), you must quit.

CONTINENTAL JOURNEYMAN

>> Spend no more than five years total on one continent.

>> Must manage in every continent at least once during career.

LOYALTY GAMES

NO LOYALTY

>> Spend no more than 365 days at any one job.

>> Never sign the same player/staff twice.

THE FAITHFUL

>> Never quit a club.

>> Always try and bring along all loyal players/staff to new clubs.

THE CLIMB

>> Choose any country with at least four leagues.

>> never quit a club

>> Take a team from the lowest division up to the top.

>> If sacked, must start again from the lowest division.

CHAMPION GAMES

AFRICAN CHAMPION

>> Choose team and start with highest career experience.

>> Take a major team to CAF Champions League glory.

ASIAN CHAMPION

>> Take a major team to AFC Champions League glory.

EUROPEAN CHAMPION

>> Take a major team to UEFA Champions League glory.

NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPION

>> Take a major team to CONCACAF Champions League glory.

OCEANIA CHAMPION

>> Take a major team to OFC Champions League glory.

SOUTH AMERICAN CHAMPION

>> Take a major team to CONMEBOL Copa Libertadores glory.

Blackjack

Win 21 Premier League titles with a team that has never won the league title.

Then there is the old favourites, all starting with Sunday League footballer experience.

The Pentagon

Win every major continents Champions League in one save

The Hexagon

The Pentagon plus the OFC Champions League if you can get a modded database.

British Steel

Win every trophy in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Rep. of Ireland

Metropolitan Man

The seven largest metropolitan areas in Europe (Istanbul, Paris, London, Moscow, St Petersburg, Berlin and Athens) have combined for a total of zero Champions League winners. Win the Champions League once with a team from each city.

In 2019 this Arsenal team is much like the real one, capable of being awesome but also capable of sucking and needing to improve it's defending.

After a month without a league win (not that we played many league games during that month anyway, mostly Europe and FA Cup), finally win one! 1-0 against Burnley and Macheda strikes again!

Things get a bit easier after this game, we have Man City but that is all really I think as far as top half teams go in our run in. Next up Stuttgart in the Europa League QTR finals.

I've been keeping an eye on the Championship and QPR and Peterborough are looking like they're going to be coming up. I like that the first time I manage in the top flight in England in this game is the first season where 2 new teams will probably get promoted, with a good chance of a third because the play offs are filled with teams that haven't been in the premer league at all in the game bar I think Hull and Norwich. I like seeing fresh teams going up and teams going down, like League 2 play off hopefuls Portsmouth!