Civilization Thread!

Ruki

Found myself unable to refuse all but the most ludicrous of requests from Lady Catherine's boobs.

I'm the same with Byzantium. Of course you can have that wine for nothing :wub:

I chose randomly and got Catherine of Spain. Germany has been giving me iron for nothing for about 200 years

Yea I started playing Civilization back on DOS, then WinCiv. Played a little Civ2 but by then my attention span shortened and i got into shooters so it didn't last. Bought Civ4 a few years ago but thought it depended too much on micromanagement so I stopped. Loved CivRev though and Civ5 was thw first game I bought when I got my new pc a few months ago.

I'm so glad you guys are coming around to the "Venice is fucking awesome" position.

Because Venice is fucking awesome.

The one problem with Venice is that within about five turns of going to war, half your caravans and cargo ships are ransacked by enemies, thus cutting off a lot of money supply. It's not a huge issue, because you can basically just keep a reserve of around 1000 gold for going to war, but without that gold saved, it could soon turn ugly if you're unprepared.

ARGHHHHHHH.

Doing Venice on Warlord...good early game going on, I get one turn away from building the Colossus...

NEB HAS BUILT IT LOL.

tumblr_m26nvnNG5o1qkk10ro1_500.jpg

• Like 1

So in my Isabella of Spain game, I sparked WW3. Was allied with all of the city-states since I was making around 350-400 gold per turn. Germany attacked one of them, so being an ally I attacked back, causing the rest to attack Germany. Sweden had a small city, but its influence range was effectively cutting off my naval support from my mainland from backing up the front against Germany, so I attacked Sweden to get that small city. And Germany was already at war with Sweden, so everyone is facing attacks on all fronts, and I have an air craft carrier on route with three "nuclear options" :shifty: ready to take care of Berlin..

I have a three-nuke carrier just sitting outside Russia's borders, with three bomber-loaded carriers en route.

Poor Catherine. I dealt with her last...and I could have space victoried! But then she settled on the "UK" continent (where Lizzie and Boudicca started) and frankly I only had two other continents, so no we couldn't share the fourth. You keep your one and i'll keep my three. Or i'll war ya face.