Civilization Thread!

Ruki

I don't know. I randomized the map and haven't messed with anything else.

I've been building boats like crazy. Work boats to try and get fish and soon enough I'm gonna get some guys together and embark to better land.

Tourism overwhelms the other player's Culture. Best way to get it is to get Museum theming bonuses (use the culture button and try moving your Great Works around--you'll figure it out), get Wonders with Great Work slots (Great Library, Louvre, Uffizi, Eiffel Tower), build Hotels, and--late in the game--use Great Musicians for their new "tourism bomb" ability.

GoGo's Adventures in Civ V, Episode 2: What Is Going On Inside Bismarck on Settler Mode's Head Edition

"THAT BLASTED CATHERINE THE GREAT HAS DECLARED WAR! SHE'S DESCENDED UPON MUNICH WITH TWO CATAPULTS AND TWO COMPOSITE BOWMEN AND IS BESIEGING THE CITY! I MUST DO SOMETHING"

"I'VE GOT IT! I SHALL ATTACK THOSE PIKEMEN WHO ARE JUST STANDING THERE BEHIND THE CATAPULTS, IGNORING EVERYTHING THAT IS ACTUALLY ATTACKING ME AT THIS MOMENT! THAT'LL SHOW 'EM"

Bonus Fact: Those pikemen went through the entire battle of Kuala Lampur, just standing there and absorbing damage from the city, thereby leveling up repeatedly and gaining defensive bonuses. Say goodbye to Munich, bro.

My border with India might be the most heavily guarded border ever. About 20 tiles of nothing but artillery units that India keeps testing by moving their trebuchet unuts near then backing off. That right Ghandi..keep testing. Once this nuke is ready, Delhi is the target...

GoGo's Adventures in Civ V, Episode 3

I have caused much consternation for Bismarck and his jowls, and he's donezo pretty easy. GOODBYE BISMARCK'S JOWLS.

My next step is just going to be figuring out who the other four players are. First two I've found are NAPOLEON F'N BONAPARTE... and the Austria lady. Bismarck tried to team with France, though, so that sadly means that Napoleon will be the first to go for picking the losing side.

I won a game at Prince! It was a culture win as Poland. It was hilarious because I was on the map with Genghis, Washington, Maria, Enrico, and Augustus, and everyone was trying to win military but me, and everyone declared war on all their rivals... but no one declared war on me.

Poland is awesome by the way. Free social policy when you age up is ridiculous.

I was going to upload a screenshot of my massive frigate/riflemen/cannon/cavalry armada swarming across the ocean...but trying to take a screenshot breaks my computer, so I won't. <_<

But in any case I've conquered the entirety of my own continent (vanquishing Gandhi, the Poland guy and good ol' Montezuma along the way), and have located the other continent containing my final adversaries of Brazil, Ethiopia, Germany and, of course, Austria.

In fact all signs seem to be that Ethiopa are the remaining Big Bad, with Austria just a Middling Bad, but I'm still going to leave Vienna to last. Oh yes. I turned off Time victory for this reason so I'm going to savour it dammit.

Anyway, Brazil gets the unlucky draw of being closest to me so it is they who will get invaded first. Best to take some land over there before attacking Ethiopia, I think - plus Brazil are at the opposite end of the continent to Vienna, which will make things nicely linear at least.

EDIT: Oh, wait:

The People with the Pointiest Sticks

1. You (7668)

2. Haile Selassie (2262)

3. Bismarck (2247)

4. Maria Theresa (1830)

5. Pedro II (1481)

This may be easier than I thought.

• Like 2

Debating if I want to do one more game on Warlord or head right to Prince. I'm thinking a military game would be useful, considering most of my military games are laughably one sided since I tend to wait for a rather significant technological advantage.