Civilization Thread!

Ruki

I'd never tried to raze capitals, so I was just guessing. :shifty:

So...yeah. Don't see the difference really. I mean aside from the unlikely scenario of all your rival Civs swapping capitals in wars, leaving you "winner" by default just by keeping your own...

See?! Utter bastard! :P

He started it! We were best friends, I saved his dying economy (for real, how the hell do you end up losing 100 gold per turn as VENICE?!) by sending a load of trade routes his way, and even defended him in a war, then the bastard denounced me! He soon learned, I crippled him financially, I turned as many of his nearby city states to my side with all my money, and promptly wiped his stupid face off the earth. I'm a nice guy, I only took out people who started the fights by denouncing me.

Boom, France sorted. Went with one city and had to puppet another because the Shoshone invaded my lands and plopped a city on a random nearby island that had some of my resources, and then stole more of my resources via a Great general. Won a culture victory, but spent most of the game just fucking with Shoshone for that (making other people go to war with them, stealing all their city states, voting down their congress proposals etc).

In fact, I managed to win the game despite having essentially the worst Civ in the game (link). Joy.

2062!?

Benji and I need to play online so that I can stomp him into paste in the Industrial Age. :shifty:

I rarely win Prince games before 2000, in my games Civs (me and others) always seem to be well behind reality in terms of techs. I doubt I'll ever play online because I don't have the patience for load times of the game as standard, let alone others fucking about.