Civilization Thread!

Ruki

The requested URL could not be retrieved indeed!

EDIT: I think I got it to work--does it have Barringer Crater right next to Grand Mesa or whatever the other one was? Because if so yeah that's rad. Imagine how awesome it'd be with Spain though.

Compared to Keshiks or Camel Archers maybe. My only real complaint about Chukos is that Machinery is at the bottom of the tech tree at a time when I'm going through the top. You're not going to capture cities with them, but that's not the point of ranged. Stand back and pepper things, let your Knights do cleanup, and enjoy the fact that your second attack is going to do more damage than your first.

I'm looking at the list of UU's right now and I'd rank it probably in the middle of the road, on par with Caroleans and Jaguars (if only because of the synergy with Monty's UA). They can't really hang with the top of the pack, but their impact is felt the whole game. They certainly don't suck and certainly not with more than one U (that honor is reserved for the likes of Atlatists and Turtle Ships and Mohawk Warriors and Berber Cavalry and Kris Swordsmen and Ski Infantry and uh yeah).

Oh God, I used China to learn how to warmonger (figured the Art of War achievement would force me to try it).

Should teach you to rely on ranged a lot more as well then.

Lots of high-level players advocate for a Composite Bowmen rush. Not tried it myself but it might be worth pursuing.

I'm well past that (but I'll have to keep it in mind for when I go for my other war games), I'm almost in the future and basically control the world. I think I'm probably going to wind up with a science win, but it's not stopped me controlling half of the world (probably could have got a domination win, but I took Venice's treachery as a personal insult and had to hunt out each of their separated city states rather than aiming for people's capitals).

Question - how do you view how many military units an opponent has? I've never actually found that screen >_>

Also, has anyone played as The Celts? Looking up who to play as next, and the their unique ability, unit and building look like pretty solid bases for a religion based cultural victory spliced in with a bit of warfare.

If not the Celts then I'll probably go for a bit of across the sea expansion since that's the one place I sucked worse at than going for war, in which case it's probably Indonesia, whose ability is awesome, building is okay, and unique unit is either brilliant or abysmal.

Celts are good for religion, which as TEOL and Kats will tell you from our current game can lead to some serious advantages if you play it right. Well, they can tell you about how awesome it's worked out for me. :pervert:

The key is that you're pretty much going to get your pick of religious tenets, so long as no one runs into a Faith based City State and gets rolling quicker. Pick Tithe, try for Stonehenge, spread that shit worldwide and watch as the GTP skyrockets.

• Like 1

I started a Celts game once and ended up on this little outcrop of the continent that had one forest (yay start bias)...and then inland was just miles and miles of dreary plains before even coming across another City State, let alone Civ. As such my unique units were unable to go around bashing things for faith or spreading religion to much of anything and I couldn't even get the forest bonus from additional cities either. Terrible game.

• Like 2

Oh yeah, I love getting my religion about regardless of who I am, even if it's just for the beastly science boost you can get for every follower.

On the Celts, I noticed an achievement to "Have the city of Llanfairpwllgwyngyll in your empire" - do you actually have to build the full 30 cities to get that, or can you just name one of your cities that and be done with it?