Civilization Thread!

Ruki

Because your typical helicopter has a much more limited operational range than, say, jet aircraft. And you have to remember that even a stretch of water just a few squares wide represents a fairly hefty sea in Civ.

Then why can't they go on the carriers? I never use heli's because I think their useless. When other civs roll with tanks, I use the mobile rockets and take them out before they can attack me

I liked the helicopter guys shaking their fists at the cannon guys.

That said, Egypt should've built some Destroyers to prevent this sort of thing from happening. Or else don't even worry about the cannons, YOU HAVE CHOPPERS EGYPT.

Fucking Shoshone man! That choice of ruin thing can help you snowball out of control. I just got tech nearly every time and was so far ahead, no one ever caught up. So much fun, won a Science Victory in the end.

The start of the game is way fun with them too. Extra size of cities + picking your bonus from ruins = so much fun.

There's some limit on what you can pick out from ruins though, isn't there? I seem to remember picking Tech and then Culture, and those options were greyed out with the next ruin. Maybe it depends on how many turns is left between getting them, mind.

There's some limit on what you can pick out from ruins though, isn't there? I seem to remember picking Tech and then Culture, and those options were greyed out with the next ruin. Maybe it depends on how many turns is left between getting them, mind.

Once you progress past a certain point, you stop being able to get tech, but I assume the limitation is based on the Pathfinder, as i was running around with two and got at least like 5 techs from them. Which can be a pretty great lead if you can follow through on it.

Have a game going with Suleiman and Theodora...its Istanbul AND Constantinople!

Sounds like Turkish delight on a moonlit night.

I'm down to Austria, Huns, Ottomans, Persia, and Sweden on the Sousa Rankings (and I'd like to give the new Germany, Egypt, and the Celts another go). I think I'm going to try Sweden because they sound a bit shit but I'm wondering if they can't be decent with To The Glory Of God (buying Great People with faith). HERE, MOGADISHU, HAVE A GREAT ADMIRAL, HE'S A NOBEL PEACE PRIZE WINNER SOMEHOW.

• 2 weeks later...

http://kotaku.com/the-father-of-civilization-584568276

Its a few month old, but Kotaku has a great interview/biography of Sid Meier

Also if no one has it, Green Man Gaming has Brave New World at 50% off and Gods and Kings at 67% off

http://www.greenmangaming.com/golden-joysticks-extras/?emst=AzDUaTK2sN_274235_237661_421

• 2 weeks later...

http://kotaku.com/the-closest-thing-to-a-new-d-d-game-is-this-civilizatio-1465085893

A total conversion mod that turns Civ V into D&Ds Forgotten Realms campaign

Not gonna lie...I dunno how I've maintained my lifelong geek cred without having ever played D&D before...