Civilization Thread!

Ruki

That's really the problem they have: Civ V has a lot of genuinely really great choices and Russia is just sort of there. All of their uniques point them toward war, and they don't get as much help with that as the Zulu or the Chinese or the Arabs or... a lot of people.

I did like Cossacks as clean-up crew, though, but ironically, the unique unit I ended up using most in that game... were Keshiks (gifted from a city-state). Yes, the nicest thing I can say about the Russia game is that I found a way to get a unique from a civ I like a whole, whole lot better.

Dunno how long it'll go for, but

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1454905

BNW and a Dominos gift card for $17 at Newegg

Fall patch is out!

I should try Japan at some point but those Mons aren't gonna catch 'emallselves.

Oh also Minutemen get a boost!

American Minuteman now has an additional promotion to earn points toward Golden Ages with kills.

That's pretty great and makes a kind of marginal civ a lot more interesting. They still need a unique ability that isn't garbage, though.

Taken advantage of the freebie I've finally got this. Originally only Vanilla but I'll work through and get the expansions soon. I've got one problem though, when I set my workers to a task they seem to reset every turn as when you go to end turn they suddenly reactivate and I need to instruct them again. Generally it does count down turns to do a task but I've got one who was stood around for ten turns before I realised he wasn't any closer to getting the plantation built.

Is it just the save data on that specific game that's got corrupted somehow or am I missing something? :bang:

Edited by lanky316

Never had that happen to me. Unless there's some bizarre setting for it in Options...

Workers will reactivate from the middle of a task if they have a threat (like a Barbarian) within attacking distance of them, though. Gives you the option to make them flee in advance.

I've always wondered by heli's "embark" over water and not just fly...

Because your typical helicopter has a much more limited operational range than, say, jet aircraft. And you have to remember that even a stretch of water just a few squares wide represents a fairly hefty sea in Civ.