Civilization Thread!

Ruki

First infos about the first biger patch comming.

* User Interface Fix for production prompt that sometimes appears with newly created puppet states that could stop the player from being able to end the turn.

* Aircraft banner corrections - now when you rebase an aircraft, the number will move with it.

* Resource icons now come up with Ctrl-R again, instead of sharing the same button with Build Roads.

* Selecting a great general will no longer cause yield icons to appear.

* Added option to disable auto-unit cycling.

* Fix for full-screen game when running dual monitors. Previously, the curser could scroll off the "open" side, and not be able to scroll the map in that direction.

* Misc additional fixes to mouse controls, and other interface issues.

* Rounded out financial information in the Economic Overview screen. Details now provided on the amount of gold provided by each city, the cost of buildings in each city, etc.

* Auto-populate save menu with save file name

* Allow selection of other cities by hex from within the city screen

* Added detailed trade route info to Economic Overview screen

* Modding Category list now displays correctly

* Gameplay Workers - Added option to force workers to ignore manually made improvements (so they don't change what you decide was best for a plot).

* Workers - Fixed bug where number of turns to complete were incorrect in build action button tool-tip.

* Economy - Fixed bug where players could disband a single unit, and not see the economic return until disbanding 1 more.

* Economy - Increased city wealth setting to 25%

* Economy - Multiple fixes to the way trade-routes are tabulated and recognized.

* Economy - Can now sell Buildings in a city (to help lower maintenance for obsolete buildings later in the game).

* Trade - Found and corrected a Trade problem that could cause your Resource inventory to multiply.

* City States - Fixed a bug where you could not gift aircraft to city states.

* Military - Medic promotion now only provides healing bonus for adjacent units.

* Military - Fix for Minuteman movement.

* Military - Correct promotions for "archer-like" units (horse archers, chariots).

* Military - Embarked units will no longer slow enemy land units

* Military - Improved unit cycling logic. Camera will jump around much less.

* Balance - Engineers +1 hammer

* A.I. Changes Military - Better handling of unit need (navy vs land, etc.) .

* Military - AI will tend to build ships to deal with blockaded cities more often

* Military - Corrected an issue hampering movement of AI armies, especially when in close proximity to enemy forces

* Diplomacy - AI will be more reluctant to offer or accept open border agreements with more powerful opponents.

* Diplomacy - Fix for never ending deals (peace, research agreements, etc).

* City - City specialization and city focus improvements.

* City - Cities that are Avoiding Growth will not grow while that option is selected

* Workers - Priority of trading posts reduced, and rebalanced priorities on other improvements

* Workers - Improved the path-finding mechanic when building route-to roads improved, including a large performance increase when evaluating road-pathing.

* Multiplayer Exploit - Fix for gifting unit exploit

* Chat - Color-coding, sound alerts, etc., added for in-game chat system, including a larger window.

* Deals - Additional deal validation put in place to verify deals before they are committed

* Miscellaneous Research treaties that end because you declare war will no longer grant the free tech

* Save/Load - Fix for corrupted saves being experienced by some players in late-game.

* Map - Huge map crash-during-load fix that were reported on some specific systems.

* Map - Terrain caching fix that could cause problems for certain video cards (the "glowing red orbs" seen on the map are an indicator of this).

* Map - Fix for the low res terrain that appears the first time the game is run (terrain tiles would not load in anything but low-res the first time you play on some computer configurations)

* Strategic View - Crash fix for units rendering in background.

* Strategic View - Fix for selecting units either standing on a city plot, or garrisoned in the city plot.

* Eyefinity - Better handling of leader scenes when using Eyefinity displays.

* Tutorials - Many tutorial tweaks and adjustments.

* Multiple crash fixes.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/66006

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94438

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

You had me at "sell buildings." Workshops arent needed once I have everyone making resources and science.

Oh, and I found out why I couldnt win a culture victory. Every city you have increases the amount needed by 15% more. I learned that after playing on the huge map. But Im playing with france so Im gunna try for it anyways.

Puppet states are key to a culture victory. They'll build temples and shit, but they won't raise the amount you need. I think I had 15 cities, but only 3 weren't puppets when I won one.

Depends, if you restrict yourself to few citys you can do it aswell. I was about to win it with three citys on prince but i finished the space race before the final culture building was finished.

I warred my way to victory! First I took out the two other civs on my continent. I moved out west and attacked the natives, took two cities, and then there was like a 50-turn stalemate before I lost both cities. I tried again with modern armor/tanks, took three cities....lost all three. Moved east, found Russians, took two of their cities that I didn't lose....took out a City-State south of India, but then lost it. So, I was very hit or miss.....things REALLY changed the second I found uranium.

An army (4-5) of Giant Death Robots steam rolled India, Indians, Russians, and Arabs.

But when I was given a victory? There were still two civs (Russians and Natives) still alive, but I couldn't see any of their cities.

Sid Meier's Civilization 5 is set to expand later this month with two new downloadable packs. The turn-based strategy game will toss you into a hexagon with Genghis Khan in the "Mongols Civilization and Scenario Pack," which sees you unfurling his Asian empire across the globe. The pack is due on October 25th and comes, according to 2K Games, as a free "gift to the legions of Civ fanatics." (Don't mess with them, they're really well organized.)

If you'd also like to ally yourself with Babylon's King Nebuchadnezzar II, you'll want to download the "Babylonian Civilization Pack," due on October 25th for $4.99. It even comes with a bit of a turn-based tongue twister: Babylonian Bowmen. Try saying it three times: "Believe Blue Babylonian Bowman Bellow!"

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/18/civilization-5-welcomes-mongols-and-babylonians-as-dlc/

Dident think we´ed get the Babylonian Civilization Pack this early (it came with the Special Edition). 5$ is a bit prity pricy for one animated leader and two units if you ask me... the Mongols Civilization and Scenario Pack is a nice thing to do, i actualy was surprised that there were no scenarios at all in the game. It feels nice getting something for free that should have been in the game in the first place. ;-D

I guess the 5$ price point means that they will not spam 20 civs on us. Because that would rise the "overall price" in scarry hights. I guess for now i will just buy it anyway.

No idea. I've posted a thread on the support forum but I don't expect a reply any time soon.

I'm super pissed because like I said it was running perfectly with no problems whatsoever and then BAM, I can't play at all. Sucks :(

The DLC is live. The Euro Price is 3,49€... it´s about 120MB big. The free Kahn DLCs cenario is hidden in the game mods, you start out with a city that has already been placed and a cupple of military units. You got 100 turns to take over at least 4 major civs. (can be more if the game is set on a harder mode). The Civs special abilety is bonus to atack city states and city state units.

• 3 weeks later...
Greetings Civvers,

This stickied thread is where I am going to be posting information on the next big patch to Civilization V. It seemed that everyone was a big fan of the running patch notes I did before, so I will be doing it again, starting even earlier than before.

In fact, I am starting it so early that I don't actually have any changes for the list yet!

What I do have for you is news about what the primary direction of the next patch is going to be: AI and Diplomacy. This is not to say that these will be the only parts of the game under the microscope, but it will be the focus. We're constantly looking at feedback on all parts of the game though, so keep your reports and feedback coming!

I don't have any sort of ETA for the patch yet, but I will work on getting you one. Stay tuned to this thread for the most up-to-date information!

Posted 5 days ago. Seems like an IMPORTANT thing to work on. Good that they are listening in, but such important matters make it feel a bit like a beta test and them not putting out a game that was nearly finished.

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98034

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Patch and DLC comming this Week.

The DLC contains Spain, the Inca and a Scenario.

The scenario is set in 1492, where you get to play any one of a number of civs eager to sail across the Atlantic in search of a western route to China and the Indies.

The first of the new leaders Isabella of Spain, who gets extra bonuses from discovering and settling near Natural Wonders. Early exploration will be extra important when playing as Spain.

The other new leader is Pachacuti of the Inca Empire. His units ignore terrain costs when moving onto hill tiles, and tile improvements on hills are free. Careful consideration of city placement relative to hills will be important.

Patchnotes can be read here (it´s a long ass list)

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?99880-December-Patch-Full-Change-List

Kinda feels like financing the Patches to get to something that resembles the full game (wich i am shure will get released as a game of the year edition or something like that before the first addone comes around).

Sid Meier's Civilization® V Update Released

Product Update - Valve 09:47

Updates to Sid Meier's Civilization® V have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted:

[sTABILITY]

- Fix for various rare crash bugs

[MODDING]

- Re-enabled LUA library unused in the core game. It was removed because we didn’t think modders were using it, and apparently many, many are using it.

[GAMEPLAY]

- Fixed bug where as Siam, food from Maritime City States didn't provide the expected result.

- Make a few more negative promotions not pass through on upgrades

- Made the Mandekalu mounted unit have the same negative vs city as the other mounted units

- Increased the chance that the AI will improve sea plots

• 4 months later...