Minecraft!

Sousa

Build a city out of rock-n-roll

• Like 1

Build a city out of rock-n-roll

Note blocks and jukeboxes then?

I have builder's block on my new KevinStorm world. What should I do?

Build exceptionally large everyday objects!

That's what I'm doing anyway.

lord_of_the_sands_101.png

lord_of_the_sands_102.png

lord_of_the_sands_103.png

lord_of_the_sands_104.png

I haven't really played much in what I've now dubbed Land of 1,000 Temples, a.k.a. sand castle/igloo/Deku Tree/Death Star world, mainly because the last two--which are my two big long-term projects--have been giving me fits (progress on the Deku Tree is slooooooooooooooooooooooow and results in the creation of tall brown walls that aren't very interesting, while the Death Star is actually almost too cramped to do everything I want to do with it). Since most of my Minecraft playing the last few months has been U GON DIE, I haven't even had a chance to fool around with dyes in this world. Of course, this calls for another long-ass trek in the Nether! Set out beyond the Deku Tree, built a bridge over this huge drop-off (fortunately, I encountered very little ghast resistance), then cut into a wall. Ended up with a portal on a frozen lake. I checked my big list of things I've wanted to do for a while, and I realized that "build a cabin for a motherfucking giant" was on that list.

Et voila.

That second thing is going to be a chest. I have the iron to finish the lock, but I have to remember where I put it. Since I've been playing it forever (the trek from my latest portal back to the sand castle to generate lapis-intensive caves has bumped it up to 56.2 mb), I have the iron; I just have to remember where I put it, since every single portal except one has at least two full chests in it.

EWB LAND IS DEAD, LONG LIVE EWB LAND

You can download the final backup i just took here. You should be able to use it offline if you put the date in your savegame folders in the right way, or online if you upload the backup to a different server.

http://fan-only.de/privat/ewb/world-2011-02-27-07-17-18.tar.gz

Right now the server is still up and running for "one day", so either by tonight UK time or tommorow uk time it should be don. I´ll just make the ip publice now, so everyone can have a peek, go crazy, raise hell or whatever.

85.236.100.222:25665

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

i'm looking at it online, you guys did some amazing stuff, but i couldn't help but notice EVERYONE of you leave your doors open

For some reason there no mobs after a while... Well, I never saw any.

It was good at the start, building it all while fending off creepers etc but they left :(

And I do believe it has just died... Lest we forget -_-

I have fond memories of Sousa and myself battling a blaze of epic proportions... I think a little bit of Sousa died in that fire.

Then we burnt the sky forest :D

Going on a boat trip with someone to explore new worlds and waiting every 2 minutes for the world to generate.

Trying to make a mob zoo right at the beginning but having the spider despawn :(

Those were the days.

Edited by Pimpin' Feller

I went on today and opened a lot of doors, there's a lot to explore!

I spawned over water and started drowning right off the bat which threw me off. Then I got onto some sand, jumped on some leaves and fell through a hole. :shifty:

Fuck beds in the wild.

I conquered my first dungeon. Just shy of 100 moss stone. 2 saddles. A fucking music disc. I had just shy of the amount of clay I needed to finish a section of my house with. Plenty of iron ore and plenty of coal to last. Was ready to turn around and make the journey home when I realized the sun was setting, so I set up a little camp for the night. Now, I make sure to keep it nice and well lit, cover myself up well, and I figure, hey, I have some wool and wood... why not rush the night, make myself a bed, clear the area in the morning and get going faster?

I forgot the chance of a skeleton spawning next to you while you sleep was in the air when you use the bed. This mother-fucker wakes me up, gives me next to no time to defend myself, kills me in my shelter, and fucking headbangs on my death screen. Worst part? I was waaaaaay too far from my spawn point, let alone my base, to even hope to have a chance of getting back before the items disappeared.

Long story short: I fucking hate the skeleton bed glitch shit.

I'll have to find more clay somewhere-- that was my original intent in the journey anyway. Soon as I'm done with my base and everything I'll upload the save, I'd love to know what you guys think of what I've got done. Pretty proud of it actually... I'm not all that into the electronics portion of Minecraft (Redstone wires, switches, etc.), I seem to prefer the more basic, simple things for transport and construction. Haven't even made a rail system yet, I mostly just use steps and ladders to get around when I'm not boating. Still, despite the simplicity of the things I've made, I like them. Island base with my mine, two docks and a two-story brick house, plus a lighthouse that stretches up to the top of the map and, thanks to all the flaming Netherack and torches, has a rave effect going on when you approach it. But yeah, sofar as I'm concerned, not bad for a casual player (I hope).

That's rather cool sounding... All I have is a house built into the area I spawned (Originally a small pond), a small tree farm, a small garden for wheat, a decent sized swimming pool and a branch mine that yields damn near nothing (Has anyone else had trouble mining for diamond since beta/1.3?).

In the house, I do have a small single bedroom with an en-suite with a shower ^_^

24giwoy.jpg

The most creative I've been has been the 2 door entry way. Why? I have no idea.

**Edit** HOLY SHIT!! I didn't realise the image was that big... resized.

Edited by Pimpin' Feller

See, I haven't even started a farm yet or anything. Well I guess that's not entirely true-- I started a tree farm at the bottom of my mine, probably going to expand it more over time. I've started a branch mining project down there too. I've also got a lot of pumpkin and cacti but I've not used any yet, trying to decide how I'd want to.

Fuck beds in the wild.

I conquered my first dungeon. Just shy of 100 moss stone. 2 saddles. A fucking music disc. I had just shy of the amount of clay I needed to finish a section of my house with. Plenty of iron ore and plenty of coal to last. Was ready to turn around and make the journey home when I realized the sun was setting, so I set up a little camp for the night. Now, I make sure to keep it nice and well lit, cover myself up well, and I figure, hey, I have some wool and wood... why not rush the night, make myself a bed, clear the area in the morning and get going faster?

I forgot the chance of a skeleton spawning next to you while you sleep was in the air when you use the bed. This mother-fucker wakes me up, gives me next to no time to defend myself, kills me in my shelter, and fucking headbangs on my death screen. Worst part? I was waaaaaay too far from my spawn point, let alone my base, to even hope to have a chance of getting back before the items disappeared.

Long story short: I fucking hate the skeleton bed glitch shit.

I'll have to find more clay somewhere-- that was my original intent in the journey anyway. Soon as I'm done with my base and everything I'll upload the save, I'd love to know what you guys think of what I've got done. Pretty proud of it actually... I'm not all that into the electronics portion of Minecraft (Redstone wires, switches, etc.), I seem to prefer the more basic, simple things for transport and construction. Haven't even made a rail system yet, I mostly just use steps and ladders to get around when I'm not boating. Still, despite the simplicity of the things I've made, I like them. Island base with my mine, two docks and a two-story brick house, plus a lighthouse that stretches up to the top of the map and, thanks to all the flaming Netherack and torches, has a rave effect going on when you approach it. But yeah, sofar as I'm concerned, not bad for a casual player (I hope).

Monsters can spawn next to your bed if it's up against a wall of your house/cave/miserable shack. Always leave at least one block between your bed and any walls.

building my home out of Birch was soooo not a good idea, i had to go island hopping to find it all and doing that lead to my 1st death out of two.