Minecraft!

Sousa

Generally between the 10th and 16th layer tends to bring the most diamonds.

That works out to about 5-10 layers above bedrock. I'm not sure if this has changed in more recent updates though.

Also I used to find diamond around Lava and large coal veins.

Edit:Also

lettherebelight.jpg

lettherebelight2.jpg

This is both sides of the mainroom of my castle, as you can see its lit brighter than hell, but despite that shit spawns in there, mostly skeletons or creepers, thank god they only show up one at a time. Any reason I keep finding them in here?

Edited by Kirkland

This is both sides of the mainroom of my castle, as you can see its lit brighter than hell, but despite that shit spawns in there, mostly skeletons or creepers, thank god they only show up one at a time. Any reason I keep finding them in here?

This is why I can't get as involved as I'd like to in the game. Unless I want to stick torches all over the ground, enemies will spawn. I wish they added a - perhaps invisible - 'zone marker' of sorts, that gives off light and that way you can 'claim' land. It'd be great to slowly expand your territory.

Guest skipschool

I've started a game where I turned enemies off as I really just wanted the chance to landscape and have a bit of fun, I've done some ridiculous stuff with my base that took far too long ¬_¬ pretty much destroyed mountains to get it to look somewhat good

I've been working on a stadium since I got the game, this is what I have so far. I think it's good, but there's probably a lot better. I daren't look at others incase they're way better, and I'd have to slit my Minecraft wrists because I worked so hard on it. xD

2011-06-09_130929.png

2011-06-09_130259.png

Some more pictures: http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n510/unitedsmiley/Minecraft/

I dig it. I like the easy distinction between the staircase-as-seats blocks and the stone slabs, as weird as that sounds. The jumbotron part of the stage needs a little work, but I don't know what I'd do with it, to be honest. Nice job.

What? It's about being able to build something larger than a shoebox without a creeper spawning in the next room. I don't want to turn enemies off.

Then put a torch down. Christ. That's like Minecraft 101!

What? It's about being able to build something larger than a shoebox without a creeper spawning in the next room. I don't want to turn enemies off.

Then put a torch down. Christ. That's like Minecraft 101!

I CAN put torches down and I DO put torches down, but if people are trying to make a nice-looking anything in this game, a hundred torches sticking out of the ground looks like crap. I'd like them to add an invisible object that generates light so people can create more visually-pleasing projects. Christ.

Easy way if you can get enough Glowstone: Make a patterned floor with Glowstone and whatever block you wanted to use to begin with. Easy floor lighting to keep the mobs from spawning plus, depending on your mod, looks hella sweet too.

Another way, though significantly harder unless using InvEdit, is to dig a trench two blocks deep in a pattern around the room that you want lit up. Fill the first block level for the entire trench with lava, then cover the second block level with glass. Depending on the blocks surrounding the glass it can look very stylish though, once again, it's tedious and time consuming if you're not using InvEdit (and it wastes a shit ton of buckets).

Keeping that in mind, another scenic option is a mid-room lava fountain. Just make sure you've blocked it off well enough that there's no danger of embers catching blocks aflame or anything of the sort.

Lots of unconventional lighting methods really. Just depends on how your house/building/whatever is styled and what you think will look best.

* Minecraft is coming to XBox 360. It will be a new version of the game, designed specifically for console play. We haven’t decided on a name yet. It will feature (but not require) Kinect support, and is being released “this winter”. It will be a 360 exclusive title.

* Minecraft is coming to Xperia PLAY. It will be a new version of the game, designed specifically for mobile play. This version is called “Minecraft - Pocket Edition”. It’s built as a native Android game, and will take full use of the Xperia PLAY controls. After some period of exclusivity, we will release it for all modern Android phones.

* On both these platforms, I’m going to be more secretive about giving out details. This is because there are actual PR budgets on them, and I don’t want to mess up any big plans.

* I will be the game designer on both new Minecraft titles, but I won’t be involved in the programming as I’m focused on the PC version of Minecraft.

* We are working on Minecraft Beta 1.7, which I’m referring to as the “adventure update”. We’re keeping the details secret so people can get surprises. The idea with this update is to flesh out the game a bit, making it reward exploration and combat more. Assuming we like them in play testing, pistons are coming in 1.7.

Some more info on the Notch Blog, but these are the only ones that are game related. http://notch.tumblr.com/

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane