Minecraft!

Sousa

Rocky and I took a journey by boat. We burnt down the sky garden (and replanted it). We found a pretty neat little cave a long way away, and we found pumpkins and reeds. Then, when we got back, I accidentally burnt down my cabin. So that was fun.

I have no time online right now. Saw the update, rebooted the server, everything should work now unless the patch broke the game.

Well a few moments ago, Notch released an update to minecraft. However, the update appears to be rather broken with random Server & Client crashes.

We are monitoring the situation & will update when the server becomes more stable, depending on how badly it breaks hMod.

Update: A more stable version has been released, we're awaiting a hMod update at the moment before we can update servers. Please bear with us.

Well aperrently it has not been updated. I´ll cheack back online later today or tomorrowmorning so you guys can play.

Rocky and I took a journey by boat. We burnt down the sky garden (and replanted it). We found a pretty neat little cave a long way away, and we found pumpkins and reeds. Then, when we got back, I accidentally burnt down my cabin. So that was fun.

Lest we forget :(

2lbhru1.jpg

The fun part was us running around on fire playing firemans with out buckets of water.:D

*EDIT* It looks like Sousa has his head dropped in an "OH NOES" moment :pervert:

Edited by Rocky Feller
  • Like 1

God did that make me mad. It was stupid, too. I was trying to test out a lamp made of encased lava in a house made out of wood. Because, you see, I am a fucking idiot.

Speaking of fire, here are our now less impressive pictures of stuffs on the server, for those of you who aren't playing SMP with us:

edubserver_001.png

My cabin back when it still existed.

edubserver_002.png

Castle E. Dubya Bee! Full of our stuff! And our worthless portal that doesn't even work!

edubserver_009.png

The spawn point, plus the cross where Hugar died for your sins.

edubserver_010.png

The nearby thing just under me is Rocky's castle. The one in the ocean is Hugar's. The stone thing sticking up there is the Ministry of Truth, and it hasn't even started yet.

There's also a walkway in the sky where trees grow. We burnt it down.

edubserver_003.png

edubserver_004.png

edubserver_005.png

edubserver_006.png

edubserver_007.png

edubserver_008.png

Server's not working, by the way.

Here's another story and this one is about the sun.

Once upon a time the sun rose over Snowman's Land to find that it was casting light through this window...

lord_of_the_sands_058.png

...into this igloo.

lord_of_the_sands_059.png

lord_of_the_sands_060.png

lord_of_the_sands_061.png

lord_of_the_sands_062.png

lord_of_the_sands_063.png

The end.

lord_of_the_sands_064.png

Snowplace is pretty cool. Snow is a pain in the ass as a building material to gather since it's four snow tiles to one snow block and snow doesn't regenerate and the snowballs only stack sixteen high instead of sixty-four. Even so, I love this area, and I don't think I'm quite done with it yet. These frozen lakes are incredible, and I want to do something with them.

So after losing about 150 obsidian by stupidly falling into lava (awesome.), I decided I needed to devote myself to a vanity project. Then I remembered this:

lord_of_the_sands_042.png

And I set to work.

lord_of_the_sands_065.png

Then I looked upon my creation from my throne and was pleased.

The sculpture was originally going to be a skull, but I decided that Minecraft is better suited for more abstract art. So I went with this iron/obsidian monstrosity coupled with a ton of bookshelves.

lord_of_the_sands_066.png

Beyond the bookshelves and either end are two of the four Stick Titans, who--according to legend--forged the sand castle and hold the precarious material aloft to this day. Scientists are quick to point to the glass and torches that keep the sand aloft, but scientists are no fun.

lord_of_the_sands_067.png

The throne is sculpted of netherstone, lightstone, and--oh yes--gold. The seat, though? Soft, cushy cloth. Posh as hell.

lord_of_the_sands_068.png

The back wall facing the throne is partially covered by paintings, but I ran out of cloth (which was also a building material for the igloo). Once I find some more sheep I'm going to town on this one.

lord_of_the_sands_069.png

lord_of_the_sands_070.png

The top two Stick Titans support the roof of the second floor, so these guys now flank the corners of the ground floor. The only downside is that they used up all of my mossy cobblestone, but it's all for an extremely arrogant cause.

So once I get the painting wall finished, I'm going to consider the sand castle complete. If I get bored, I might put a series of labyrinths under it, which was an earlier plan, but I might save that idea for another portal. Not sure where I go from here--do I continue my secret ice lake plan, or do I set to work surrounding the sky portal with a flying saucer and experimenting with redstone circuits?

Is that a snow globe in slot #4??

That's a watch. You craft it by using four gold bars arrayed in a plus with one redstone dust in the middle. Possibly the best addition from the Halloween update - it tells you what state the outside world is even if you're sitting on bedrock at the base of a cavern.

Useless in the Nether though. Like compasses, it spins like crazy in the Nether. Which makes the Nether all the creepier, which is awesome.

server shold be up now. pulled a backup first. lots of errors.

#

Minecraft + hMod update

Nov 24 2010 23:22:51 by Deehem

We're currently rolling out the update to Minecraft & hMod.

While the update is rolling out there are a few things to note:-

- Take a backup first! (with all updates, it may cause issues)

- When you die (or get killed) you become invisible

- Mobs are invisible

- There are no pain / mobs sounds (so you won't hear that creeper coming up on you)

With all updates, there are also broken plugins:-

- CraftBook

- Craftizens

- Magic Spells

- nullMoney

- ChestProtect

- MVoter

- llamacraft - lava fix (prevents server from starting)

- llamacraft - last inv slot fix (prevents server from starting)

- Minecart Mania (prevents server from starting)

These have been set as disabled, until an updated versions can be installed.

This update also added three new settings:-

- pvp

- spawn-monsters

- spawn-animals

Due to the bugs in this update by default pvp and spawn-monsters will be set to false when you date your profile, if you change these you do so at your own risk.

Another fucking awesome screencapdump by Sousa!

So I died like five times in five minutes. Part of it was a futile attempt to gather lightstone, but much of it had to do with what I found mere inches behind my latest portal:

lord_of_the_sands_071.png

HOLY SHIT

This portal--in the fourth and final cardinal direction from my sand castle--put me right smack dab in the middle of a wooded area. Since I was a little underwhelmed by the igloo (the interior looks great, but the exterior's kind of dull), I decided to go all out. How could I go all out? How could I continue to make this shit difficult? How about by using a resource that, while renewable, only grows in small chunks and takes time to renew? What about cutting into my balls and soaking them with vinegar?

I ruled out that last option and instead decided to build a giant goddamn Great Deku Tree.

lord_of_the_sands_072.png

lord_of_the_sands_073.png

This time, the portal dumped me near the ocean, so I decided to try an experiment in portal movement. By rebuilding the portal just a little bit up the hill and then destroying the original, I was able to give my initial portal in the Nether a new destination in the real world.

lord_of_the_sands_074.png

I dropped it here at first. Then I decided to move it up higher in the tree to assure that I'd emerge in a nice secure area not full of fucking goddamn animals get out of here!

lord_of_the_sands_075.png

This tree is vast. Indoor environments like this just swallow light. The effect is pretty terrifying.

lord_of_the_sands_076.png

Climbing up the exterior ladder and through the honey hole puts me on the upper level with the portal. After this level, I'm going to start building branches off of the top. I might take a shot at putting leaves on them by planting trees on hovering dirt blocks, then cutting down the surrounding wood. This might, however, prove needlessly complicated and not much fun. We'll see.

lord_of_the_sands_077.png

Here's the surrounding forest. One thing I really like about Minecraft is how easy it is to see the effects you're having on your environment right in front of your eyes. This was a vast forest when I got here; I basically cleared out around my tree so that if I needed to harvest wood, I could easily burn up the leaves without worrying about setting the giant tree on fire.The result is that the distant forest still looks wild, but nearer the tree is rather sad. Once this thing is built and I'm no longer worried about burninating the countryside, those trees are getting replanted.

lord_of_the_sands_078.png

But for now, they're going to keep getting cut down. It's a long road ahead.

• Like 1